New dress sizes

willfitskinnyjeans

Gold Member
So do ppl buy new things as they loose weight or try wait until they've hit target?

It's a dilemma obvs depending on how much you loose some old clothes will be to big but my issue is do I waste money on things o don't intend to be in for long or where baggy frumpy things that don't inspire me n make me feel good to continue?

What have ppl done when there just passing through the sizes?

So do ppl buy new things as they loose weight or try wait until they've hit target?

It's a dilemma obvs depending on how much you loose some old clothes will be to big but my issue is do I waste money on things o don't intend to be in for long or where baggy frumpy things that don't inspire me n make me feel good to continue?

What have ppl done when there just passing through the sizes?

When I have lost weight in the past I always buy a few cheap items in the right size. Otherwise you lose sight of what you have achieved, people don't notice and you don't feel good about yourself. All of which are important when losing weight to keep spurring you on also keeping hold of bigger sizes only reinforces that you might need them again x x

I've been wearing a top that's baggy shapeless n binned it today now I'm thinking what if. But it made me feel crap and a large part of my journey is to feel good

I think if you're losing a large amount it's impossible not to buy some new things. I have lost 5 stone and my old clothes wouldn't stay on me now. Luckily, I have some clothes in most sizes but I'm size 16 at the moment and for some reason it's the one size I don't have so I've just bought one good quality pair of trousers for work then a few more bits in the sale. it's difficult though isn't it? I hate throwing things out that I feel I haven't worn much.

I have had to buy new things on the way. All my clothes after my pregnancy made me feel frumpy and older than I am, I had to revamp my wardrobe, I felt like I was wearing clothes that didn't fit in with the new me. :)

It's really hard because I don't want to be in baggy fat clothes and like you say some can't be worn so you want/need new things so you get a few bits but then u still need to feel good to help you carry on but what's point if there going to be to big again.

mmm, I never really looked at it like that, I just needed to wear clothes that fit. And what an amazing feeling it was once they do become too big again, then you have dropped 2 dress sizes.

:) I've only just started but loosing a stone I don't even feel I'd lost an ounce until I went to warehouse and got 3 different size 14 tops that weren't stretchy and they just fitted, no tight bits no stretching it they just fitted it was ace now Im just excited :)

Its a hard one!! On one hand you dont want to waste money but also clothes that are too big make you look bigger. I would (as suggested) go to somewhere like George at Asda and get a couple of nice tops and a pair of jeans/trousers as hopefully it wont be long before they're too big too

I had old clothes from my skinnier days id kept on the vain hope they'd fit again!!
But like u I didn't want to waste money on clothes through the sizes so I just bought cheap jeans and leggings from places like matalan and asda or in sales and wore lots of the same stuff, or used belts to pull in baggier tops or dresses till I hit target then had bit of spree!! I guess it depends how u feel but money was big issue for me so few cheap clothes was way forward xx

Good thing is I work for myself so I don't need any work wear. So I think your right ditch the baggy shapeless huge tops and buy cheap but nice until target.
I'm saving for a spree because i literally won't have anything to wear I'll need everything even my shoes are to big, even though I'm not very very big I went up 2 shoe sizes and now there flapping off my feet. Weight comes off from such odd places

I try and buy clothes in the charity shops and sales so I am not breaking the bank. It keeps me going to see the difference in ky clothes and as I have lost 3 and a half stone I couldn't keep wearing the same clothes

I wore the same clothes for the first 2.5 stone but then started to get fed up of my clothes hanging off me, have kept it to the minimum, one new pair of jeans in size 18, 16 and now 14, and a mix of tops from Asda/Tesco/Primark, my tops last longer than the jeans though!

I went from size 18 to size 12.. I was in denial for so long that I clung on to them 18's and even wore them to next where I bought my first pair of 12's. granted I needed a belt on them lol but wow I looked much skinnier in the 12's :) I'm between sizes now having put a bit back on.. I'm a wash and wearer lately, I'll lit myself out when I'm back in 12's for good!

I've lost almost 6st so had to buy new clothes along the way, but I've tried to limit what I buy, and also buy cheaper clothes than I normally would. I made the mistake not too long ago of buying some fairly expensive jeans in a size 12, which I have worn twice and are now too big - that was a lesson for me!

I also try to sell old clothes that no longer fit me on ebay, and then put that money towards new clothes.

I've lost almost 6st so had to buy new clothes along the way, but I've tried to limit what I buy, and also buy cheaper clothes than I normally would. I made the mistake not too long ago of buying some fairly expensive jeans in a size 12, which I have worn twice and are now too big - that was a lesson for me!

I also try to sell old clothes that no longer fit me on ebay, and then put that money towards new clothes.

What a brilliant Idea, I never think to sell clothes on Ebay. x

I lost five and half stone and gave all my clothes to someone who, as she got bigger, could not afford new clothes and she said she was going to lose it so didn't want to buy any.
Along the way used belts for jumpers and bought some nice jegging type trousers from M & S which had stretch waist so a couple of inches didn't matter much.
Primark for tops.

Back