New Exante Diet Person is in town!!

mmmmmmm, sensual cherry lube........ did you happen to notice how many calories were in it?

The upset tummy is probably due to the high quantity of vitamins and minerals which are in the Exante products. Sure there is a wee section on one of the leaflets in your box.

Roll on next Friday :)

Hi,
I've been reading your posts for the first time - they are hilarious and have cheered up my day!!
I have been experiencing the same dry mouth sensation, even straight after swigging some water. I have no idea what causes it, I just assumed it was part and parcel of the diet.

Regarding mixing of soups etc. I have found one of those little battery powered coffee frothers really helpful - very easy to wash and not too conspicuous.

Anyway, all the best and make sure you keep posting - we all need a daily dose of Glyn!

The tummy upset is a side effect of ketosis. Every time I go into ketosis I have the same problem around day 5-6 and I think its Anna who experiences the same on day 5.

Well done Glyn, nothing like carpet mouth is there! I just use lots of toothpaste and mouthwash and still's still there, ugg!

Just to add my twopennorth and to confuse the issue even further, the upset tummy is most probably due to one of the ingredients in the soups and shakes but more notably in the bars, which is chicory root extract or the substance in chicory root which is known as inulin. This is a 'probiotic' substance in that it feeds the good bacteria in your gut, too well as you may be noticing. Chicory root extract is also used as a laxative which is slightly contradictory to any constipation symptoms i know, but give it a day or 2 :)

We CAN'T have Big Macs with Exante??? Dammit, I knew I was going wrong somewhere.......

Try some of the exante bars, they take a LOT of chewing.

Also, how about chewing sugar free gum?

Yes when I did LL the counsellor said that you could have sugar free gum, I used to then sometimes have wrigleys extra, never caused me any problems. Some people say that chewing on gum can make you feel hungry but that didn't happen to me.

The great thing about this site is that you can post anything really. Its just a place to get your thoughts down and air them. Some things may not make a lot of sense, while other posts ring a bell with a lot of people and give them strength to carry on.

I do believe that you have to like your food, even on a diet, and if someone really cant take the taste then they are gonna fail sooner or later. But just posting about it can help get things straight in your mind. I do really enjoy them as it happens, although im not doing exante 100%. Believe it or not its a treat for me to have an exante bar or shake now and i look forward to it, but 3 times a day wont work for me. Its a bit like working in a chocolate factory i suppose, you can gorge yourself on them for 2 weeks then you are so sick of the things you never want to see chocolate again.

Its amazing how someone will criticise you for being overweight, but once you start to lose the weight the comments become anti diet. Im getting this a lot now as ive only got a stone to go. It really winds me up to be told I dont need to lose any more weight. I never actually 'went' on a diet, it went on me, with me kicking and screaming all the way, so i never told anyone i was dieting, but it still hasnt stopped the anti weight loss campaign im now facing lol. Im happy though :)

HEY THATS WEIRD

How bizarre! I hope we didn't scare him away!!!!

All the best! very sad state of affairs!

ill miss you Glyn, tho i dont think it was celebrity slim that did it...........oh well, if you get a chance tell us where you have gone, you are a funny guy

Yes shame to see you've gone - good luck with your weightloss!

Congratulations on your loss i think you could just possibly lose that stone in the 15-16 days just keep drinking plenty of water.
I thought maybe it was the comments about other peoples posts maybe the one where she didnt like any of the shakes. It remains a mystery maybe someone complained as they found your comments offensive.

Yes, tis me again. Yes, tried to log in last night about 11pm and I had a screen telling me I had been banned from the site and a line beneath it which read:

"Your ban will be lifted in:- Never."

It was from "the moderator." Whoever that is.

Nice. Never been banned from anything before! And I always thought forums like these were for a bit of debate and lively discussion etc. Shame as this was also a nice diary-type platform to cast your thoughts.

Maybe the moderator was offended by my agreement with another poster that CelebritySlim is something of a rip-off? (It is). No idea. Anyway, I'll go in search of another forum to air my views and pains and thoughts about Exante and VLCDs. All the best you lovely people.

I apologise for not getting back to you before this.

As you obviously know yourself you were out of line on a few things and while you are entitled to your opinion... trashing other diets is not part of the ethos of MiniMins.

Nor is poking fun and slagging of another member.

Rule 5.Trolling/Flaming is not allowed on this forum. If you cannot say something nice do not say anything at all. This means you agree not to flame, taunt, insult, harass or disrespect any user of this forum.

Please note, we do not allow the use of swear words on our forums and blanking out a few letters to get around our censor does not make it ok.

Nice. Never been banned from anything before! And I always thought forums like these were for a bit of debate and lively discussion etc. Shame as this was also a nice diary-type platform to cast your thoughts.

If you abide by our rules which you have already agreed to when you ticked the box to become a member you are welcome to begin again with a clean slate.

Last edited:
Glad to see you are still here Glyn, i would hate it if you defected to another site, and i know you have a lot of followers. Not bad for a newbie to have their own fan base already :) So please stay with us, just play nice :)

Oh, and thanks to Mini for letting you stay under your new identity :)

Back