new flavours

well done on your weight loss so far Jan and good luck susie, have to say this forum is definatly alot nice than the cambridge one...might just stay hehe :)

I'm doing lighterlife and substituting some SnS packs because they're much nicer! (By the way I think the meals which ladyfelsham mentioned are for lighterlife lite and not lighterlife total which is the full VLCD version and on which you have 4 packs a day and no vegetables or milk). On lighterlife total there are now 3 meals.

Chilli - ok but no where near as yummy as the SnS one
Shepherd's Pie - Smells disgusting!
Pasta Carbonara - New and only had one so far - not at all bad - still prefer the SnS ones though I think.

The calories etc are similar to SnS meals. Very excited at the prospect of a new SnS meal!

The are also 2 other new foodpacks for lighterlife - but they are not meals. Apple and cinamon porridge (absolutely gorgeous!) and pea and ham soup (quite nice). I get very excited about new flavours - but then I have been on the diet for well over 6 months now so I guess that's to be expected!

The best thing about the carbinara is that it has twisty pasta in it. I didn't get the texture of the sauce quite right but I have a few more so I'll experiement...

I would miss my counseller and the tetras

I changed this week from Cambridge. I honestly lived off choc tetras and toffee bars and I wasnt sure how I was going to cope without the tetras.

So I've been saving my last 4 for emergencies. I couldnt be bothered taking my shaker to work today so I took a bar and a tetra. Can I just say, the tetra tasted very chemically and I didnt really like it.

I think, and this is only my opinion, I disliked pretty much everything on cambridge so the tetra's and toffee bars were my saviour - easiest to stomach! Now I love all the slim and save stuff I've tried so far and it makes me realize how horrible the tetra is!

And I have no help with leaving your councilor. Mine emailed me to say she was packing it in and someone was replacing her, so I just didnt go back to the drop in on Saturday and didnt need to explain myself to anyone!

I like the sound of new flavours too although I tried a cheese omelette mix from the low carb megastore (not MRP) once and it was :yuk:. I hope the chicken and cheese meal doesn't taste like that.

I think we should all agree to be Rob's taste testers before he adds something to the range. :) I haven't tried the tomato soup (read too many bad reviews) but no doubt he would have got the thumbs down from his taste team here. I haven't seen a single post from anyone saying they like the tomato soup.

I have actually binned all my soups as I didnt like any of them. The tomato soup was by far the worst, it reminded me of hot calamine lotion in colour and couldnt bring myself to get it anywhere near my lips. I am really enjoying the hot meals so have placed my second order with majority being meals, some shakes and bars (mmmmm choc truffa to die for)

I hardly ever have any of the soups. I haven't bought anymore since the first month and still have some left to use up.

Yum new meal sounds great- I'm lucky I like the 3 meals on s&s next time I might ditch the milkshake for 2 meals a day x

Back