Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

New Girl, Feeling a bit Daunted!

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by pixiepiratess, 19 May 2009 Social URL.

1. pixiepiratess

pixiepiratess Going From Flab to FAB!

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.82%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Ive been to the docs this morning and been prescriped Xenical for 3 months, the only thing she told me was about the bottom side effects,
    Im 34, 5f3 and weigh 13 13 .. after a regain of almost 2 stone when i fell off the WW wagon.

Im also restarted WW this morning so will be following the points system along side!
    Can i just eat what i would on WW because its low fat anyway? or do i need to check fat content in all foods at all times?

Also does anyone still eat Chinese food whilst taking these?

Im sure i will have lots of questions to ask ....am hoping you will bare with me a while.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. giraffegirl

giraffegirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(24.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Pixie - i'm a newbie too - the chinese thing ... big no no with me. My sister says its all teh MSG in it! I felt a little unwell! Good luck - we can be new together x

4. billygroat

billygroat Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I did have steamed veg, king prawns and white rice - no side effects but it was incredibly bland

Julie x

5. pixiepiratess

pixiepiratess Going From Flab to FAB!

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.82%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hi Giraffegirl :) nice to meet another newwie :)
    thanks for the welcome both of you xx

6. alibalibee

alibalibee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(33.89%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hiya pixie :D I would still be wary of fat content on WW, especially if you buy their meals, puddings etc, because they are not always less than 5% fat.
    As for chinese, I usually make my own. A lot of the sauces are low fat, things like sweet and sour, the wee sachets of chow mein ( but I would still always double check the labels ;) ). That way if you make your own, you know what's in it :) When I was on holiday last year ( was still on the tabs), we had a couple of chinese meals, and I stuck to things like chicken with bamboo shoots and water chestnuts with boiled rice. I didn't have any side effects when I had that :)
    Good luck xx

7. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating & Exercise
    Welcome & Good Luck Pixie :D

I would be wary of WW as Ali says, Even though they may be low points, A lot of them are very high fat!

LiSe Xx

8. shazboo

shazboo 'this time i'll do it!'

Start Weight:
    17st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.24%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    welcome to the forum, im new here as well. iv only been taking xenical for 2 weeks and the support on here is great, hope to speak to you soon

sharon x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.