New Girl, Feeling a bit Daunted!

pixiepiratess

Going From Flab to FAB!
Ive been to the docs this morning and been prescriped Xenical for 3 months, the only thing she told me was about the bottom side effects,
Im 34, 5f3 and weigh 13 13 .. after a regain of almost 2 stone when i fell off the WW wagon.

Im also restarted WW this morning so will be following the points system along side!
Can i just eat what i would on WW because its low fat anyway? or do i need to check fat content in all foods at all times?

Also does anyone still eat Chinese food whilst taking these?

Im sure i will have lots of questions to ask ....am hoping you will bare with me a while.

Hi Pixie - i'm a newbie too - the chinese thing ... big no no with me. My sister says its all teh MSG in it! I felt a little unwell! Good luck - we can be new together x

Hi Giraffegirl :) nice to meet another newwie :)
thanks for the welcome both of you xx

Hiya pixie :D I would still be wary of fat content on WW, especially if you buy their meals, puddings etc, because they are not always less than 5% fat.
As for chinese, I usually make my own. A lot of the sauces are low fat, things like sweet and sour, the wee sachets of chow mein ( but I would still always double check the labels ;) ). That way if you make your own, you know what's in it :) When I was on holiday last year ( was still on the tabs), we had a couple of chinese meals, and I stuck to things like chicken with bamboo shoots and water chestnuts with boiled rice. I didn't have any side effects when I had that :)
Good luck xx

Welcome & Good Luck Pixie :D

I would be wary of WW as Ali says, Even though they may be low points, A lot of them are very high fat!

LiSe Xx

welcome to the forum, im new here as well. iv only been taking xenical for 2 weeks and the support on here is great, hope to speak to you soon

sharon x

Back