New Girl In Town

sunshinestace

Hey Everyone!
I am just 2 days in and admire all you guys on here for doing so well!
Have a feeling I'm going to be needing support as I've already felt like giving up a fair few times! Eeek! :sigh:
I work front of house in a restaurant so am working with food for about 10 hours a day! Hardcore! And its the Christmas season so xmas parties galore meaning roast potatoes...pigs in blankets on tap...!!
As Im on my feet all day and around food I have decided to go on sole source PLUS and see how that goes but am worried that having just under 2 stone to lose as my first target means ss+ wont be as effective??
Any help/advice etc would be fab! :thankyou:

Hi and welcome. I'm not doing Cambridge myself so I'm sure someone else will be a better help to you. Do you not have a Cambridge counsellor?

Anyway just wanted to say hi and fair play to you, it must be tough being around all that food!

Hey! Thanks or your reply. I have a woman to talk to yes but I thought I'd see how other "real" people were finding it! hehe!
Looks like you are doing well on your journey!! :)

Well there's loads doing CD on here so I'm sure you'll get helpful advice soon. Good luck with it :)

Well done for starting - just off to sort the kids lunches and breakfast out. Will be back later. Good luck

Hi hun - welcome to the party! :)

The losses on SS+ are reported to be almost identical to the losses on SS, so don't worry on that score - it makes about a quarter of a pound to half a pound's difference to your weight loss week on week.

You poor thing, surrounded by all that food! Still, just keep remembering that food will still be there at the end of your journey and that this diet can be (if you want it to be!) a really short term thing!

You can do this! x x

Hi Stace and welcome.

Keep glugging the water and take it hour by hour. SS+ sounds like a good idea to get you through your first week and you will still be in ketosis (someone correct me if I'm wrong). You may find this works best for you and you are happy with the results. Rumbly has been doing 810 and had really good losses up to now.

Keep posting becasue there will always be someone around. Good luck lovely xx

Just wanted to say hi stace n welcome!!! Bit of a killer being around so much food! You can do it though just getvthroughbthe first 5 days n u should be in ketosis when it all starts to get easier n personally I'd then say get through and complete the first two weeks n you'll sail through! You'll be so pleased with your losses the time will fly by

Good luck Hun keep us all posted with your progress

Xx

hey and welcome :) Like the others said drink lots of water , enjoy your shakes , keep busy ( my house always gets a proper make over in the first week !!) , remember that after the first week it wil become much much easier and the time will fly by and in my opinion the most important thing is to stay positive about what and why you are doing it :)

Hello!!

I am on day 3 today and am also doing ss+!! I am finding it okay really havent felt like giving up yet but thats because I know this is a final push for me!
We can share this together if ya like?
Well done for all your resistance around food all day!!

Wowweeee!

WOW!! You guys are just blooomin brilliant!! THANK YOU! :D
Waking up and reading those posts has given me boost I need to get through day 3 (which involves a 12 hour stretch of christmas parties!!)
I am still trying to figure this site out so if it takes me a while to reply then thats why!
But feel free to PM me or anything if we are going through the same and I will try and figure it out.

Think I may get my Mom and sister to join too as we've all started it together!

Thanks again lovelies!! :553:

Welcome! I am on SS+ and have lost 17lb in four weeks. I don't think there's much difference between SS and SS+ so I think you've chosen the right plan :)
Good luck and keep us updated!

Welcome and good luck with the diet. It's tough at times but the results are so worth it. :)

Hi and welcome. Keeping busy is the massive key to the first week on the diet until you get into the groove. Sounds like you'll be very busy with a 12 hour serving frenzy :)

What has helped me stay sane on this diet is knowing that none of the food belongs to me in the house. You could adapt my thinking and I would say it might help you get through the diet. Hope you've had a really good day and cd day3 hasn't been too hard. You will turn a corner soon and will feel amazing just hang in there!

Back