New girl!!

Determined Girl

Here's hoping
Hi guys,
Well I'm not only new to Lipotrim but also new to Forums so this is a steep learning curve for me!
I'm sure my story isn't new...desperately unhappy with my weight, feeling I'm in an inescapable rut of over-eating and then feeling terrible etc etc. Well... enough is enough. I've decided to take control of my eating rather than being controlled BY it.

I've read many of your posts and feel inspired!! The weight losses you guys have been getting are FANTASTIC!!! Well done!

I'm just finishing day two and am feeling grumpy and hungry....but then that could be because I also gave up smoking! (Talk about total changes!) I guess what I'd like to know is at what point will I stop seeing images of toast/sausage rolls/crisps dance past my eyes every minute of the day?! LOL! At the moment I'm totally pre-occupied with what to do now I'm not eating- it's a very strange feeling and although I'm feeling positive it seems like SUCH a long road ahead of me (I need to lose roughly 9 stone!!!)

Any advice/tips would be really appreciated- just knowing there are others out there is a support in itself!

Also- lots of you have this sliding scale thing on your profiles which seems to show weight loss- where do I get one of those from?!

xx

Welcome hun, LT is a great diet and this forum has kept most of us sane!!!! It is a source of advice, support and encouragement.

I started last year not far off your starting weight and lost nearly 9 stone, alas I didn't learn and, due to many reasons, have piled weight back on. I'm back and hoping I can keep it off this time round.

If ever you need anything there is usually someone on here who can help you.

You'll soon be in ketosis then things do get easier, honestly! Keep supping your water and invest your money in a loo rolls manufacturer - you'll be using a fair bit during your journey!

Good luck.

x

Hi DG, welcome to the board, I've only been on it for 4 days but it's gone really quickly due to being able to log on here and read different experiences. The most useful tip that I had is to put some ice in the blender with the shakes and to drink loads of water each time you're feeling hungrey, it's gotten me through the first few days quite easily. The sliding scale thingy, you need to click on the website and then make your own, I read the tutorial to get it onto the signature tho. Good luck x

Hello Determined Girl!

Welcome to LT and to the forum! You'll get so much support on here so anytime you see those dancing food images, get yourself on here! Personally, I found days 1-3 the hardest and since then I've not been hungry at all. Hopefully you'll be in ketosis soon and won't be thinking about food quite so much!

Best of luck!

awwwww thanks girls! It's really good to have your support- however 'helpful' family and friends are it's not quite the same as talking to people who are going through the same thing is it?!

Welcome Determined Girl (love your username!) Your post rings so many bells with me, I could have written it myself. That's the great thing about this forum - Everyone is in the same boat and totally understands what you are going through.

Oh you are a glutton for punishment, giving up smoking as well! Well done. You may also have the withdrawals from cigarettes to cope with. Are you using patches?

Day 1-5 you can feel tired, grumpy, hungry, dizzy, light headed etc but do not fear it soon passes, usually around day 6, sometimes sooner, then hopefully you'll feel full of energy and ready to take on anything. Do what your body tells you to do. If possible rest and take it easy as much as you can and most importantly drink plenty of water.

You'll soon forget about eating, and you'll be amazed how it eventually doesn't even enter your head. It becomes a way of life. Take each day as it comes and don't look to far ahead. Keep yourself busy and occupied and the days fly in, and the next thing you know you'll be a couple of weeks into it, lbs lighter it and loving every minute!

Hi!

Welcome. Best of luck with your first week! I'm not sure I've entirely stopped obsessing about food, but, it's definitely in a different way to that at the beginning - now I just enjoy the smells & think about how I'll get to enjoy it soon - after all, it'll still be there when I start eating. Ketosis should help, as you won't be hungry any more!

It might help to set yourself some smaller goals to break up the weight loss so it doesn't seem like such a long journey - like, I have certain items of clothes I want to fit into, I recently crossed from obese to just overweight which was one of my goals, etc.

Hope your first week goes well! :)

Hannah

lol, nice username..says it all :)
good luck!!!

welcome hun!

i know it can be sooo daunting when you have a lot to lose but this diet flies by. i'm going for my week 14 weigh in tonight and can't believe it!

the weight falls of and no one will believe you when you tell them you're not hungry!

if you come across negativity about the diet from others, trust me it only takes about a month until they are in awe of your willpower and the further you go the more impressed people become. it's wonderful!

best of luck hunxx

Last edited:
Welcome and good luck (though I doubt that you will need much with your user name). Ditto all those above. Just remember to keep focused on why you are doing this and the time really does fly by. You will get excited waiting for your weigh in and a good result carries you through the next week. :D x

Well you are in for a hell of a week. Think of the diet as a detox -especially since you're off the cigs too! Taking both things into account you could get a blinding headache -IT WILL PASS! Your hands will be itchy to put ANYTHING into your gob -IT WILL PASS.

Keep focussed and you will soon find yourself in your stride. AS you say enough is enough and life is short so sort it out and make yourself happy. :D

GOOD LUCK!!

Thanks so much everyone-
I woke this morning feeling AWFUL... I could have snatched the toast out of my niece's hand quite happily. It feels so good knowing this forum exists- it's great when I'm feeling things are impossible!

Thank you all!

xx

hey determined girl and welcome. this forum and lipotrim are both fantastic. i'm only 4 weeks in and when i started didn't think i'd last a day!!! each weigh in will spur you on for the next week and the months will fly by!!! use the forum well for advice or for a distraction!! and get the water down you i think that is key to keeping side effects at bay!! good luck for your first week!!

Hi there - I did LT and lost 65llbs....the site was just wonderful distraction when you need support and a few mates who are on the same journey..........

Changed to CD for the last leg of my journey (had a baby post the 65llbs loss) but still feel attached to the LT forum.....

Hi, welcome to the forum - this place will become your second home whilst on LT :)

I would say though, is it wise though to give up smoking and food at the same time? i dont mean to sound harsh but i imagine giving up smoking to be worse than food (i dont smoke so dont have any clue about the cravings for it etc) but good luck with it - your name does say it all and if you are determined you will succeed :)

Hiya and welcome to LT and the forum world!!

Im sure you already feel really welcome!! :) xx

Hey Chelly- yeah I do feel really welcome already!! Everyone is so nice and so supportive- it's already becoming a bit of a life line to be honest!!

Summergurl- I know what you mean...but giving up both gives me something to think about everytime I want one or the other. Soooo everytime I think about having a cigarette I'm distracted by being hungry and vice versa! It's perverse but seems to be working. I think I'm far more likely to give in and have a cigarette, but as I've not had one since Sunday I'm pretty pleased so far!!

xx

hi,
welcome and hope things are going well for you. Love your attitude, it is half the battle. Take the advice you have been given on here and you should do well. Did you consider setting up a second ticker for the smoking, it may keep you focussed. I am off them almost 4 years now and wouldn't dream of smoking and I was the 20 a day girl. Hope you have a good week, take it easy on yourself, drink the water, don't miss out on your shakes and you should do fine.
Doirin

Thanks Doirin- yeah I'm a 20 a day girl myself...so it's killing me at the moment! (Although of course...it's not...it's making me healthier!!! LOL!!!)

I just had this total moment of clarity on Sunday...realised that if I didn't change things I would be dead before I was 30! I may be unhappy for a short time...but hopefully it will mean I've got a LONG time to be much happier!

Thanks for all the support!

xxx

Back