new hair colour photos

Hi girls, thanks for advice. i will try the products you recommended ruby, jesus hope i dont turn purple lol

got as few mixed comments at work today. some loved it, some said it was bit brassy and some said nowt :(:(

my fella loved it and said i looked younger, which is good cause i feel every inch my 38 years today.

wonder why they didnt put me a toner on?? i think i got fobbed off with the young hairdresser that looked about 12 years old, whilst the flaming salon owners did there regulars.

im giving it a while see if i get used to it, have you noticed how you need to change your makeup colours when you change your hair colour to suit. one feels a makeup shopping spree coming on.

u can buy wash in wash out toners, there little sachets, about 99p, i only use a toner when i want to go white blonde, just to tone it down slightly with an ash colour, blue / purple shampoos are good though it tends to take away any brassy colours or orange, but each time u go back that brass will go away, its cos you've come from a dark colour theres only so many shades (without bleaching) that you're hair will lift in one go, you will get used to it im sure and it can only get lighter the next time, even if u just have foil highlights!

have fun picking out new make up and clothes to go with you're new 'do' ;)
xx

I think the blonde really suits you! I know how much of a shock to the system a drastic change in hair colour can be when you're used to something though!

def going to invest in a toner tomorrow. im kinda getting used to it now.

blondie your hair looks a lovely colour, think thats the colour i was after but your right it will only go so blonde first time without using bleach.

ah well guess variety is the spice of life.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

this is the result of having a sister in law whos a hairdresser, if i went to a salon they wouldnt touch my hair, its been black, red, blonde, back red, blonde again lol! the best thing u can get too is a real good conditioner so it doesnt get too dry or maybe an intense conditioner once a week, again i think little sachets are 99p or something like that.

a toner is a good option cos its quite subtle and if u dont like it at least it washes out in a wash or 2, you might not even notice a difference but for what it is, its worth a try :)

let us know how it goes
xx

Blondie i know what you mean, hairdressers have been really funny about doing my hair in the past.
had to actually sign a form before they coloured my hair a few years ago, i guess this is because of people claiming against salon when things go wrong?
wish i had a personal hairdresser like you lol
isnt it great when you find someone who does your hair as you like.
im still looking

The little tubes of conditioner that Nice and Easy do for coloured hair are really good (and small FANTASTIC).

yeah i agree with the nice and easy conditioner, i think it usually comes in the hair dye but u can buy it in boots and its only cheap and it smells fab too!!

i know what you mean about finding a hairdresser your happy with it can really put you off going sometimes aswell then lead to doing it at home... thats when i used to think, well i just go back dark then, cos it was easiest to do at home!

did you get a toner? how it looking now?
i think after next time you go and it just gets lighter and lighter you'll be happy with it, i think its just a bit darker than what you wanted / expected is it?

xx

i love those little tubes of conditoner that come with nice and easy, i wasnt aware you could buy them separate so im well chuffed now girls, thanks for the tip.

Blondie its just to yellow for my liking, had different comments from folks good and bad and i think i will be happy when its toned down. brassy is a word that springs to mind!

have been able to get to shops for a toner with doing overtime at work, so def this weekend when i have the luxury of a weekend off yipeee.

I think it looks really nice and suits you better than the dark - it does make you look younger, but I would never have said you were 38!

I have hair colour and style changes/disasters quite often...

Thanks Harry'smom, did you know after saying i dont look 38 your my new bestest friend lol

:D:D:D

It looks great at both colours! Nothing like a change to boost the confidence though. :)

Didn't read the full thread, but if you want to take the brassy tones out of your blonde, use a toner like Manic Panic's Virgin Snow - which would be quite extreme lightening, or a shampoo like L'Oreal

Last edited by a moderator:
Back