New here and starting next week .

*Mojo-jojo*

Say it in Dr Evil style!!
Hiya guys!

I am starting the cd next week ..well hopefully :) i have sent a mail to a local cdc looking forward to a reply so i can get stuck in ... I have 5 stones to loose:sigh:....

What can i expect from my 1st meeting with the cdc??

tia xxxx

Last edited:
Hiya, and good luck!

Can't predict how your meeting will go, but mine went like this... meet with CDC, filled in some medical forms to see if I was OK to do CD, forms sent to doc for signature... discussed goal weight and different steps of CD. Given booklets & folder & card to mark weight losses. Weighed & measured. Offered option of a 'before' photo - too scared to! Settled on SS as best method for me, given a weeks supply of shakes/soups. Paid... and started next day!

xxx

Thanks for the fab info ...are u able to tell me the average weekly cost of this diet??....How long was it after you sent a request to a cdc to your 1st meeting with ur cdc???

Thanks in advance xxxx

CDCs can charge slightly different amounts, but a weeks supply is maybe about £40 or a little more if you are on 4 shakes a day. I usually slightly over-order to have a small back-up in case of emergency, so can't tell you exactly, but there have been threads about this I know, & quite recently...

I emailed a LL counsellor in early-November. No response. (She finally rang me in January after I'd already lost almost 2 stone!) So emailed a CDC & she called back that evening, we arranged to meet a few days later. Hope there is a fast response for you too!

xxx

Great info..cheers u have been most helpfull ...

Good luck with starting CD...... Its great once you get started.
If you dont hear from CDC then contact again.. or find another.. as once you want to get started you just want to start!!!
Good luck x

That the thing i wanna get stuck in im really buzzing for it atm!!! only thing is its the bank holiday weekend so i dont expect to hear anything till after monday then hence joining u lovely guys and gals to prepare myself!!!

From first phoning my CDC to starting the diet was just over a week because I had to get the medical form signed

Hello and welcome. Good luck on your journey.

Like Powerpuff girls by any chance?? :p

Hi

I found that the CD website wasn't very up to date when I was looking for a CDC,I emailed a couple from the website and didn't get a reply, one of the phone numbers listed was also not in use.
I found it better to ring the CD switchboard and they gave me a couple of phone numbers of CDC's in my area. Neither of them were on the website though strangely enough.
Luckily I ended up with my CDC who is wonderful:)

Thank you gadget queen as soon as everything is back to normal on tuesday i will give that number a ring xxx

ohh and the powerpuff girls lol..no never watched it allthough heard of it....mojo jojo was a random nickname given to me by my friends in school u got to say it in the style of dr evil (austin powers) he he

yes it is thanks .... rather funni in dr evil style espc after a few vodkas!! lol ;-)

Mojo, notice you are in wales & also that you posted on Lelly's thread - she is a CDC for Cardiff and new to it but as you can see from her diary really lovely & supportive & wise. You're not in Cardiff, are you, by any chance?

xxx

Hiya kattycakes,

Im not that far from cardiff ...but i dont drive and i couldnt get to cardiff and juggle my kids(single parent of 4)...i wudda loved to have lelly as my cdc but it doesnt look possible she has been reccomend by tillyfloss who is in my town ... ;-(

Might be worth seeing if she would travel to come to you? I am in a very rural area & my CDC comes to me. Just a thought, but I am sure you'll find a great CDC all the same! Good luck!
xxx

Thanks for your support i have just rung the free phone number and have been given the number 2 cdc ....just got to ring them once the baby stops crying!! lol ... thanks again x

good luck hon. hope you get a fast response!! i know how awful it is having to wait the wait. i had to wait a couple of days but my cdc is more than worth it :D once you get going there'll be no stopping you :)

abz xx

good luck with your diet mojo-jojo. You'll lose that in no time.... I've only been doing it since the end of Jan and already lost just over 3 and a half stone. It's so motivating to see it coming off so quickly. Is there not a contact number for your cdc. Mine has her mobile number and email address on the website. I'd try a different on if she's not got back to you by tuesday.

Hi Mojo jojo and welcome
hope you hae had a response from a cdc or if not get sone soon - theres nothing worse when you are desperate to start ! But you have done the right thing and come on here to keep you going till you can start.

So how old are your kids? x

Back