New Here

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Dewdropdeb, 25 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Dewdropdeb

Dewdropdeb Member

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    8st4lb(33.14%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi everyone,

I am new on the board, came over from a recommendation on MagicMum. Have been on WW for a week tomorrow. First weigh-in tomorrow. To be honest I wasn't overly motivated when I joined, but I was on a panel on national TV here in Ireland last Friday and once I saw the video I just about died. I thought the camera added pounds but when two people told me it didn't, I couldn't believe that'[s what I actually looked like.

I had a disastrous Friday night out in Dublin, but got stuck in again Saturday. I am so determined now and just wish I'd started in earnest right away. I'm going to the meetings with a friend, but TBH I'm not sure how committed she is. So I thought I'd come here and try and meet people and give/get support!

I've been MUCH bigger than I am now, as in 350lbs, but I managed to get down to about 180 before discovering to my shock I was pregnant with our first daughter. Since then it's just crept back on and I've been in denial. When I stepped on the scales at the meeting last week I couldn't believe it. What's worse is I had my card from 18months earlier and I had gained almost three stone since then. UGH! So here I am and it's time to get back in gear!

Bought the Natalie Cassidy workout DVD and just did it for the first time. Really tough, but really good, so fast paced you don't even notice.

I'm a devil for snacking, so the points plan is a must for me. But I really want to work on WHY I am snacking if I'm not hungry. I definitely eat to deal with emotions and I have to stop.

I'm a great cook, so that side of things is easy for me. I got frustrated in the meeting last week when she told people to try Dolmio Light for 4pts a serving. I wondered why you would bother when you could whip up a better tasting point free sauce in five minutes!? So I will be experimenting with lots of recipes and am happy to help anyone in that area. Have already come up with a gorgeous Thai Noodle Soup and Rosti that are low points. YUM! I run a successful food blog, but there are not so many healthy recipes on there at the moment, something which will be changing in the next few weeks! ;-)

The key for me personally is to exercise and cut down on snacking. I find that when I do exercise I am less likely to ruin my work by snacking, so this will be my main focus! I have a class reunion in Belgium on April 25th, so am hoping to lose 18-20lb by then! 9 weigh-ins by then, so I know it's a little on the high side, but sure we'll give it a go! ;-)

Anyhoo... I've rambled on a LOT! Looking forward to meeting you all!

Deb

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Hello hun,welcome to ww.
    Hope your doin okxx

4. Jools

Jools Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Morning sweetie and welcome to our lovely weight watchers forum.

You will find all the help and support you could ever know on here so keep posting!

Good luck for your first weigh in tomorrow and remember to come back and let us know your loss.

xx

5. Dewdropdeb

Dewdropdeb Member

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    8st4lb(33.14%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks for the warm welcome girls! Down 4.5lbs which I was thrilled with. Wish I hadn't had such a disastrous weekend or it would have been more... but there's always next week! ;-)

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Welcome to the WW gang and WELL DONE on your loss this week, what a great start :)

7. Jools

Jools Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    wow 4.5 lbs is fab! WELL DONE YOU!

xx

8. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

4.5lb is fab!! Well done you!!!

Welcome to MM's, it's a great site.

I'm almost too ashamed to admit this, but I am one of those who use the jars for bolognese :eek: I am a useless cook (cook? I can't really even claim to cook, everything I make comes straight out of a jar, all I have to do is stir it into the meat and cook/heat up what goes with it, lol). I wouldn't even know what to put into a homemade 0 point version of bolognese or curry....if you feel like sharing I'd be very interested to know ;)

9. debtdummy

debtdummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    welcome, we all here to help

10. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

wow well done xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.