New here

VLR

Hello all, I started Weight Watchers today (well, counting in points, since I can't afford the actual meetings). I'm at my heaviest weight ever - 13 1/2 -14 st depending whose scales you ask. :cry:

I've been a pretty terrible 'yoyo' dieter I suppose, I'd stick to a 1200 calorie diet for 2 months, lose 1 1/2 stone and then pile it back on and more when I went back to my binge attitude.

I tried to get back on track with 1200 calories and I kept shaking and getting really dizzy so I spoke to my doctor and she more or less recommended I ditch the calorie counting (and slight obsessing) for a more leniant plan, so here I am!

Might aswell get stuck in with my food diary then - please let me know if I'm doing this wrong:-

Breakfast:

Porridge (40g) and Milk (200ml) = 5 pts.

Lunch: Tesco value fisherman's pie = 4 pts.

One clementine and approx. 5 strawberries = 1 pt

Snack:
Ryvita Limbos crisps = 1 pt

Dinner:

Chicken = 4 pts

3 Tbsp Coleslaw = 3pts

1/2 average sized potato = 2pts

15 grams Flora extra light butter = 1 pt

1/6 of a tub of Asda GFY soft cheese = 1pt

Salad = handful of lettuce and rocket and 5 cherry tomatoes (came out as 0 pts, not sure if this is right?)

Snack: Weight watchers yogurt = 1/2 pt

Total = 22 1/2 pts

Hey welcome :) .......
lookin at your menus im just wondering if your over pointing on the porridge chicken and pots? ... how did you cook them? and how much did you have ?

Welcome aboard.

Unless you had a MASSIVE bowl of porridge Id say youve over counted it too :)

I suspected I may have, does anyone have an idea of how much 40 grams of porridge and 200ml semi skimmed milk would add up to points-wise? the online points calculator I've been using won't load up.

Hey welcome :) .......
lookin at your menus im just wondering if your over pointing on the porridge chicken and pots? ... how did you cook them? and how much did you have ?

150 grams of chicken breast cooked in a George Foreman Grill and just half of a potato weighing about 80 grams I should think.

a chicken breast is 2.5 and pot size i use my fist as a measure so fist size 2.5

Thanks for the info Pixie. :)

Just tried my first Pink 'n' White, yum! and they're way bigger than I thought they would be! :D

hello and welcome,
i would count chicken breast cooked in the oven as 3pts, potatos boiled 3 of them is 3 points, remember to weigh ur pots with the skin peeled as u wudnt believe how lighter they get, also fill ur dinner up with loads of veg, if u like that, theyr all free and yummmy lol
good luck hun x

Back