New iphone5 v Android v Blackberry?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Maximus, 28 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    I have iphone 4 and can upgrade to 5 soon (announcement imminent) The 4 can be unlocked and used with a sim-only deal, Which Android/HTC is the current rave?

Assuming B/berry still 3rd to the other two?

Just fancy a change;)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Stefanie

Stefanie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10.5lb(24.08%)
    Personally the IPhone is a cool phone, I am Apple mad....but....I much prefer my HTC phone. You have no restrictions on apps etc, which you are with Apple (as with a lot of their products), it's more responsive and generally just a better phone. I firmly believe the IPhone is more a status, like "oh look I have an IPhone 5".

I'm wondering if it's better to skip the 5 and wait for the 6 come next year. I did the same with the IPad 2, the 3 is going to be much better and the 2 just doesn't offer much more other than a camera etc.

The best bit of Apple kit, is the new MacBook Pro, honestly best notebook EVER!!

Sorry I digress! I would go for an HTC personally....body swerve the Blackberry lol, not a fan at all!! :) xx

4. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    No, I'm not at all impressed with Blackberries (seen a few in action) I have ipod classic (120gb), touch, phone (4) and pad (2) - but it still irks me Apple will never add flash to their range.

So Android/Google would seem to pint the way, so which HTC is the latest must-have?

Iphone 4 isn't a bad 2nd phone:cool:

5. Stefanie

Stefanie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10.5lb(24.08%)
    I think Apple are quite right in not accepting Adobe to integrate their flash software (although I heard they have come to a compromise now). The iPad has limited processor capabilities and to add something as memory and battery eating as flash, would lead to a very slow and poor performance on the iPad. But looking forward to the resolution as yes, it would be much better with flash :)

I have a Desire S and am very happy with it, but I think there are a few good models to consider. And yip, an iPhone 4 is a very decent 2nd phone :) Also looking forward to the unveiling on the 5, always worth a peek :) xx

6. Addibelle

Addibelle A happy downward spiral

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The Samsung Galaxy S11 is a bit of a craze at the minute in Android land and I have just got myself one.
    Have to say, having had a iPhone since the begining, I was skeptical but I absolutely love it.
    So glad I got it now, it just works better, its a better phone and I can do anything with it.

The display is so crisp and vivid and the internet is like being on a laptop.

Its really good.

7. Lukasmummy

Lukasmummy Former SW Target Member

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(12.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/Weight Watchers
    Another vote for the Galaxy S2 I was originally going for an Iphone but lady in the shop recommended this one instead and it's awesome. I have mine on a 2 year contract from 3 and it was a completely free upgrade. The Iphone would have cost me nearly £100 on top of the contract.

8. KraziKayzi

KraziKayzi Silver Member

Start Weight:
    80.7kg
    Current Weight:
    78.9kg
    Goal Weight:
    63.5kg
    Lost(%):
    1.8kg(2.25%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The newest HTC is called sensation .. its a nice big screen and thinner then a desire and has forward facing camera aswell as the usual camera, i have had a play with it and am impressed, I currently have the wildfire, which I love, and when i upgrade I think I will stick with HTC, I will choose sensation if it is cheap enough, if not then will get desire x

9. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    No doubt i'll need to research a little when I get home (one week into a 2 week Florida break at present:cool:)

Yes, once you get over the whole Apple way, the relentlessness of itunes etc. the iphone is a damn good phone. Not sure If I want to pay £35 per month just for the iphone5. I can get a sim-only deal for the 4 and have the phone unlocked and choose any deal with an Android/HTC. Virgin media eel offering me a Blackberry Curve (I think it is) for £8.50 a month!

I suppose im lucky in that i don't "need" a new phone - just a huge want - boys and their toys and all that;)

Steve

10. becciharland

becciharland Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have a work phone that is a blackberry and for phoning and txting its fine but using the web is no way near as good as the iphone. We are a Apple house (work computer windows 7 - what a P.I.T.A cause its rubbish lol) We would never change from Apple either, when i 1st met Apple thanks to the other other half i fell in love and havent looked back since....... I would wait it out for Iphone 5,6,7,8...... Glad to see more Mac users out thereb ;)

Enjoy your break you lucky devil, BTW it was 27oc here yesterday lol :)

11. lollypop1985

lollypop1985 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    i would say either samsung galaxy 2 or the htc sensation both android run or you could change and go for a windows phone

12. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    27c? Must be freezing lol!

Yes well I do need flash so it will be android. Galaxy looks like iPhone too! - at least I narrowed it to Samsung or HTC lol

13. Sassia

Sassia Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have HTC desire hd as you can tell from my Sig. I love it. Have never been impressed with iphones. Apparently the desire replacement, the sensation is good too. I'm not anti apple since I got my tiny ipod nano. My first ipod lasted less than a year and that was enough to put me off!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

14. Bunnylush

Bunnylush Gold Member

Start Weight:
    1st2.9lb
    Current Weight:
    0st10.9lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st10.9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(35.5%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I think you'll find blackberry tiny keys annoying and clumsy,after owning an iPhone! This is my first iPhone 4 and I'd never be without it now,easiest phone ever,that's like carrying laptop with you x

15. brads27

brads27 Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st10lb
    Current Weight:
    21st12.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.8lb(7.77%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    my own
    Go to Tesco,samsung Galaxy S 2 pay £50 for phone and get
    750 minutes
    5000 texts
    500 m data
    all for £25 per month:)

16. ashton.x

ashton.x Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(15.31%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love my iphone 4 :) , I ha 8 replacement blackberries in 9 months! ( first 3 in 4 weeks ) crap phones will never go there again!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.