Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

New iphone5 v Android v Blackberry?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Maximus, 28 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    I have iphone 4 and can upgrade to 5 soon (announcement imminent) The 4 can be unlocked and used with a sim-only deal, Which Android/HTC is the current rave?

Assuming B/berry still 3rd to the other two?

Just fancy a change;)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Stefanie

Stefanie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10.5lb(24.08%)
    Personally the IPhone is a cool phone, I am Apple mad....but....I much prefer my HTC phone. You have no restrictions on apps etc, which you are with Apple (as with a lot of their products), it's more responsive and generally just a better phone. I firmly believe the IPhone is more a status, like "oh look I have an IPhone 5".

I'm wondering if it's better to skip the 5 and wait for the 6 come next year. I did the same with the IPad 2, the 3 is going to be much better and the 2 just doesn't offer much more other than a camera etc.

The best bit of Apple kit, is the new MacBook Pro, honestly best notebook EVER!!

Sorry I digress! I would go for an HTC personally....body swerve the Blackberry lol, not a fan at all!! :) xx

4. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    No, I'm not at all impressed with Blackberries (seen a few in action) I have ipod classic (120gb), touch, phone (4) and pad (2) - but it still irks me Apple will never add flash to their range.

So Android/Google would seem to pint the way, so which HTC is the latest must-have?

Iphone 4 isn't a bad 2nd phone:cool:

5. Stefanie

Stefanie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10.5lb(24.08%)
    I think Apple are quite right in not accepting Adobe to integrate their flash software (although I heard they have come to a compromise now). The iPad has limited processor capabilities and to add something as memory and battery eating as flash, would lead to a very slow and poor performance on the iPad. But looking forward to the resolution as yes, it would be much better with flash :)

I have a Desire S and am very happy with it, but I think there are a few good models to consider. And yip, an iPhone 4 is a very decent 2nd phone :) Also looking forward to the unveiling on the 5, always worth a peek :) xx

6. Addibelle

Addibelle A happy downward spiral

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The Samsung Galaxy S11 is a bit of a craze at the minute in Android land and I have just got myself one.
    Have to say, having had a iPhone since the begining, I was skeptical but I absolutely love it.
    So glad I got it now, it just works better, its a better phone and I can do anything with it.

The display is so crisp and vivid and the internet is like being on a laptop.

Its really good.

7. Lukasmummy

Lukasmummy Former SW Target Member

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(12.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/Weight Watchers
    Another vote for the Galaxy S2 I was originally going for an Iphone but lady in the shop recommended this one instead and it's awesome. I have mine on a 2 year contract from 3 and it was a completely free upgrade. The Iphone would have cost me nearly £100 on top of the contract.

8. KraziKayzi

KraziKayzi Silver Member

Start Weight:
    80.7kg
    Current Weight:
    78.9kg
    Goal Weight:
    63.5kg
    Lost(%):
    1.8kg(2.25%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The newest HTC is called sensation .. its a nice big screen and thinner then a desire and has forward facing camera aswell as the usual camera, i have had a play with it and am impressed, I currently have the wildfire, which I love, and when i upgrade I think I will stick with HTC, I will choose sensation if it is cheap enough, if not then will get desire x

9. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    No doubt i'll need to research a little when I get home (one week into a 2 week Florida break at present:cool:)

Yes, once you get over the whole Apple way, the relentlessness of itunes etc. the iphone is a damn good phone. Not sure If I want to pay £35 per month just for the iphone5. I can get a sim-only deal for the 4 and have the phone unlocked and choose any deal with an Android/HTC. Virgin media eel offering me a Blackberry Curve (I think it is) for £8.50 a month!

I suppose im lucky in that i don't "need" a new phone - just a huge want - boys and their toys and all that;)

Steve

10. becciharland

becciharland Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have a work phone that is a blackberry and for phoning and txting its fine but using the web is no way near as good as the iphone. We are a Apple house (work computer windows 7 - what a P.I.T.A cause its rubbish lol) We would never change from Apple either, when i 1st met Apple thanks to the other other half i fell in love and havent looked back since....... I would wait it out for Iphone 5,6,7,8...... Glad to see more Mac users out thereb ;)

Enjoy your break you lucky devil, BTW it was 27oc here yesterday lol :)

11. lollypop1985

lollypop1985 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    i would say either samsung galaxy 2 or the htc sensation both android run or you could change and go for a windows phone

12. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    27c? Must be freezing lol!

Yes well I do need flash so it will be android. Galaxy looks like iPhone too! - at least I narrowed it to Samsung or HTC lol

13. Sassia

Sassia Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have HTC desire hd as you can tell from my Sig. I love it. Have never been impressed with iphones. Apparently the desire replacement, the sensation is good too. I'm not anti apple since I got my tiny ipod nano. My first ipod lasted less than a year and that was enough to put me off!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

14. Bunnylush

Bunnylush Gold Member

Start Weight:
    1st2.9lb
    Current Weight:
    0st10.9lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st10.9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(35.5%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I think you'll find blackberry tiny keys annoying and clumsy,after owning an iPhone! This is my first iPhone 4 and I'd never be without it now,easiest phone ever,that's like carrying laptop with you x

15. brads27

brads27 Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st10lb
    Current Weight:
    21st12.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.8lb(7.77%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    my own
    Go to Tesco,samsung Galaxy S 2 pay £50 for phone and get
    750 minutes
    5000 texts
    500 m data
    all for £25 per month:)

16. ashton.x

ashton.x Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(15.31%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love my iphone 4 :) , I ha 8 replacement blackberries in 9 months! ( first 3 in 4 weeks ) crap phones will never go there again!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.