New...ish. Syns or not??

ZoBo

Silver Member
Ok so I need to lose half a stone before Christmas after an indulgent hol. So I've seen these syn free scones, I've made some today and they taste fab.
I've just been reading about them on the internet and have found some conflicting opinions on them. Some saying they're free, others saying it's food abuse (what the hell is that when it's at home)? Die to them being food abuse they have to be synned. I really don't want to mess my diet up and I'm tryna save all my syns till weekend.

Elp?! ?

It seems there are a lot of different opinions on these. I haven't tried them, just don't fancy them. My consultant says they are free if you have as part of a meal and have your third super free. Her example is to have them with a homemade soup. But if you are snacking on them through the days they are syns.

Ok so I need to lose half a stone before Christmas after an indulgent hol. So I've seen these syn free scones, I've made some today and they taste fab.
I've just been reading about them on the internet and have found some conflicting opinions on them. Some saying they're free, others saying it's food abuse (what the hell is that when it's at home)? Die to them being food abuse they have to be synned. I really don't want to mess my diet up and I'm tryna save all my syns till weekend.

Elp?! ?

The official SW advice is to syn the smash at the red day rate, irrespective of whether you have it as part of a meal or a snack

2. Are couscous cake, Smash pizzas and lasagne-sheet ‘Doritos’ Free?

You might be disappointed to hear that they’re not. Because changing the use of a food can make it easier to over-eat, to protect your weight loss they become Synned.

When foods like pasta, rice and grains are used in their original form they’re low in energy density (calories), bulky, appetite-satisfying foods. Pasta, couscous and rice are usually the main ingredient in a meal packed with other Free Foods – giving it sufficient bulk to be satisfying as a meal in itself. However, when ground down, used as flour (like in couscous cake), used as a sauce thickener (like Smash), seasoned crisps (like Doritos) or puréed (like smoothies) they’re often used as additions to a main meal… and on top of your day’s Syns. It is a very effective way of adding a lot of extra calories in a non-bulky way, and as such would then be counted as Syns.

Back