New kid in town

Oerba_dia_Vanille

Hey everyone,
I'm Leonie, 27 years old and I've started Weight Watchers today.
They had a free trial for their website club(for 7 days), so I thought I should try it. :D
I use to weigh 242lbs, then started making more healthy choices and worked out quite intensely, lost about 77 lbs (and still not reached my target btw) but then gained 44 lbs due to medication. :cry:
Then I tried losing weight by working out but without a new eating plan I find that it's quite hard to lose weight, even though I go on the treadmill 5x a week doing 2 hours each time and burn about 1300 to 1500 cals (kinda depends on how tired I am lol).
Now I weigh 187lbs, and I want to lose 77lbs so I've got a long way to go!
Wish me luck :talk017:

Thank you QueenSammi :)

Thank you Shona!

I don't really have any tips tbh.
Just go even when you don't feel like it and stick to a routine and soon you'll get used to it, even miss it when you miss a day.
My routine is every evening at 7 on sunday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, saturday.
It's also more fun when I pop in a dvd while I go on the machine, can't resist some dvd boxes like Stargate Atlantis, Supernatural, etc ;)

Thats a good idea - I have a wii fit, so should prob crack that out at night once the kiddies had got to bed. I suppose its like everything once you get used to it and it becomes habbit, it's easier. Like the diet! x

Aww Shona the wii fit would be really good to use. I ride my exercise bike while I'm watching tele, I can't do that long on it but I do abit longer everyday xxx

Shona - it does get easier and Wii fit should have some fun exercises :)
Definitely start out small, pick the routines you like and don't push yourself too hard.
At first I pushed myself way too hard and when I didn't meet my expectations I'd just feel awful, so that's when I decided I needed a new approach.
I always said to myself after that, even if you do 10 minutes, it's still better than nothing, every bit helps!
You'll notice, that once you are used to it you'll actually start to like it, I know it may sound silly but it's true :D

I totally agree, start small. I've had to give the bike a miss tonight as its made my bum sore lol no pain no gain I suppose xx

Aww, well 1 night isn't going to do any harm.
My sister has a bike but she almost never uses it because it makes her bum and back hurt :(
If you like, you can do a few reps of squats, lunges, sit-ups, push-ups and peck-decks?
Of course, it's ok to take a day off :D
I didn't go as long I usually do either, I went for an hour on the treadmill and then did a couple reps with the kettlebell (only 2lbs kettle).

I took myself and my boyfriend out for a nice brisk walk earlier to make up for it :) plus the amount I've ran up and down the stairs doing bits round the house today that's surely burnt a few calories lol. Have you been keeping a diary? xx

Brisk walking is one heck a good fat burner and so is running up stairs :)
I haven't really kept a diary before but now I started WW I keep one to track my points.
At some point I started writing down what I walked on the treadmill though and I know I started out walking at 2 kilometres an hour and now I walk 4.5 an hour, it's gone up so quickly.
I still remember when I first started losing weight about 2,5 years ago, I could only do 10 minutes of aerobics, the warming up, in a matter of weeks, I could do the whole dvd!
It takes some time, but stamina will build up, and when you start to notice how well it's going compared to when you just started out you feel amazing, which keeps you motivated imo.

Aww yeah I know, I did the warm up to a DVD and I was knackered, had to stop it there lol. I did really well on WW lost just over 5 st. Gave up for about 2 years and kept it off, I gave up smoking 4 months ago though and now I've put on 2st!!! So I'm doing SW, hoping to get my nice curves back now xx

Well you guys have motivated me to dust off the wii fit board!:D Gonna start off with 10mins I think then see how I go with this. My wee bro -who is into his fitness- keeps saying to me that I should do it in the morning before Ive had anything else to eat as it makes your body burn fat. Cant face getting up any earlier, especially when its dark and cold. May think about it in the summer though (she says now;))

I used to have an excersise bike and and cross trainer, but I was really bad for using it as a clothes horse! :D Never really got used. Am seriously thinking about getting a bike though as my eldest loves going out on her bike. So would be great to go out together. Would have to be something to save up for though, would prob need a mens one the weight I am just now, this will change this year though! :D:D

xx

Just think though shona if your saving for a bike and going on the wii you'll prob be a slender girl then so you can get a pretty girly bike. I find going for a brisk walk is good, cause it is so cold I only go round the block and then my exercise bike but you could do the wii instead of the bike. Think thin, that's what I'm doing xxx

I know that Im just lazy just now and I need to change the way I'm thinking to get anywhere with this. Its all very well changing the way that I eat but I know ill stall down the line with loosing the weight. I have no excuse not to go for a brisk walk as you say, as I have a golden retriever who would love this, although she is getting on a bit! x

Well this time is different shona you've got all of us to keep you going and encouraging you. I feel like I could get my scoff on so bad today but I know I'll feel so guilty if I do. Don't give in I know it's hard xxx

Hey, weigh in today, lost 2lbs which is ok, should be more. I know this is down to excersise. So after weighing in I did 12mins on the wii. I will increase this week on week I think. But will try and do this every day.

I hope you managed to resist the food. I know that I have days, more perticularly nights, like this.

I have to say you guys are great thinspiration! :D:D

x

Back