new leg brace

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by toofatkat, 13 October 2009 Social URL.

1. toofatkat

toofatkat Not such a fat kat now :)

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10.5lb(30.09%)
    Diet:
    low fat calorie counting with slimming world influences
    I have a dilema.

I am in desperate need of a total knee replacement but the docs really really dont want to do it as Im 41 which apparantly is far too young to get a new knee.
    Anyway last Thursday as a last resort they have given me a brace to wear for 3 months to see if it helps.
    So, should I get weighed tonight with it on knowing that I will gain tonight or should I take it off and hopefully not gain (as its star week as well). I dont think I can win either way at the minute.:cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Busy_mam

Busy_mam Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(25.82%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I would talk to your consultant, how easy is it to remove? is it possible to have it weighed and just deduct this from your total weight each week (if you are didgital it will be recorded wrong on the computer but if you are paper it will be easy) personaly if it was me and it was easy to remove I'd do so if its hard then I'd deduct the weight each week- weigh in is buy enough without having to mess about.

4. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I agree with busymam, if it's easy to remove then do so. If you are on the digital card system though, there is no way you will be able to alter your weight. Talk to your consultant hun.

5. toofatkat

toofatkat Not such a fat kat now :)

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10.5lb(30.09%)
    Diet:
    low fat calorie counting with slimming world influences
    thanks, decided to remove and go without, we are on the computer system so it would be unnegotiable

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.