New Me, New Diary! Maintenance Begins

After my moaning yesterday, I felt quite awful, I watched all about the flooding and the lives that have been lost. Made my worries (not including Sharon) seem absolutely pathetic on the grand scale of things:eek: So I've bucked up my ideas and promise to moan no more.
same here mini i did grumble that my ankles got wet getting up our street but compared to yorkishire we`ve had very little
Went to visit Sharon today. She's a wonderful person, she has lots to contend with at the moment and still has a cheery smile on her face! My hat goes off to her. She's obviously taking time off work at the moment, so next week we are having a pampering session. Pedicure, manicure and hair dye are on the agenda!:) Plus I've offered to do some housework for her, as she is still in some pain, and quite breathless and giddy etc. She is off for more tests next week too, but already has pills galore from the hospital. Until they are 100% sure of what they're dealing with, I presume the cocktail of drugs can't be sorted properly until all tests are complete.
the pampering day sounds a great idea, dont really know many people here but i`d love to do that, maybe treat myself when i get 5 stones off
After my visit I then went off to collect the new additions, 3 beautiful guinea piglets!:D Poor little mites squeaked with fear all the way home in a cat box stuffed with hay:( Got them settled in their hutch and am now a little concerned as they haven't moved much and certainly haven't eaten anything:sigh: The kids were so excited when they came home from school and wicked mummy had to tell them that until piglets had settled in they couldn't hold them! I want them to feel safe before they're subjected to watching DVD of Peppa Pig in the living room:rolleyes:

aww love fluffy animals, much better than spiders and snakes,. my son would love a spider :rolleyes:

They have now all been named, Maggie, Blaze and Nibbles.
cool names

Also we are coming into a little bit of money:eek::eek: Scott's grandparents own an old cockle store on Whitstable beach, nothing fancy, the store has water, electric etc. and a cellar, there is also a beach hut on the land, but nothing grand scale. They've owned the store for over 40 years and now that Grandad is extremely doddery on his feet etc. they haven't been able to tend to it as they did, and so it had become a major concern to them. Getting to the point, they decided to sell it and then told us they wanted to split the money between us, Scott's parents and his sister. The store went on the market under private bidding, basically the estate agents put up a minimum price and all bids were then placed and at the end of alloted time, the highest bidder got it. It sold for £135,500.00:eek::eek::eek: My god, we didn't pay that for our house!!!!!!!!!!!

woohooo so what`s ya number again when i need a loan:giggle:

Prices down here have become crazy, I worry so much about how my kids will afford to buy homes. I can see them all staying with me!!!!!!!!!!:sigh:

Tracey
x

have to agree there, sadly most young couples are having to rent as there is no way they can get a mortgage
some places are even offeing 10 times their income now
i think it is ridiculous how can they pay that back

kaz :D

Hi Nikki

How are you feeling? Operation not too far away now:):)

Hope the family is ok.

Take care

Tracey
x

Hi Tracey,

Feel rubbish, can't wait till the op, 2 weeks tomorrow! - Family are all good.

Wedding anniversary today - 7 years, wanted to be slim, but suppose there is always next year!

Signed off work another 4 weeks...

Love

Hi Tracey,

Feel rubbish, can't wait till the op, 2 weeks tomorrow! - Family are all good.

You poor thing, not long to go though! I bet you feel a bit apprehensive though.

Wedding anniversary today - 7 years, wanted to be slim, but suppose there is always next year!

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary:D Next year you will definately be there.

Signed off work another 4 weeks...

Love

All this will be over before you know it. Hang on in there, only a couple of months and you'll be ssing again in full swing!

Tracey
x

Hiya Tracey

Glad you're feeling brighter again, you're entitled to having a moan and an off day, we all have them and yes it does sometimes take a look at the world and what's going on around us to put things into perspective, but we all have a moan from time to time - got to be better to come onto your diary and get if off your chest I think :)

Yes I love keeping a diary! Never kept one as a child, although seemed to get bought lots at Christmas. I used to fill it out for about a week then get bored with it:rolleyes:

Isn't is lovely to have an unexpected windfall, how nice, do you know what you're going to do with it?

Not really sure how much it will be, but secretly hoping to pay off our mortgage with it. You never know there might be a bit left over for a nice holiday.

Have the g.pigs been allowed out to play yet and watch the telly? :p I'm sure they'll settle in soon, we had two years ago, they were friendly but were always nervous little things, I had one when I was a child and he used to run around the lounge, boss the cats and fall asleep on a lap, he was a real sweetie :)

They're gradually settling in, still a bit skittish, but they come to the front of the cage for broccoli! They seem to love that. They all sat in the living room watching Harry Potter yesterday afternoon. It was so sweet, all the kids sat in a row on the sofa, with a towel, a piece of cucumber and a guinea pig:D I love the idea of your guinea pig bossing the cats around!

Tracey
x

have to agree there, sadly most young couples are having to rent as there is no way they can get a mortgage
some places are even offeing 10 times their income now
i think it is ridiculous how can they pay that back

kaz :D

Hi Kaz

Why do our kids want the strangest of pets:confused: The main reason for getting the guinea pigs was because Deven keeps rounding up loads of snails and we had a constant fight as she wanted to keep them in her bedroom:eek: Luckily the guinea pigs seem to have done the trick, as she hasn't mentioned snails all weekend:D:D

I read about these new mortgage deals they offer, absolutely ridiculous, just like these credit card companies. Just encourages people to get further into debt!

I think it's a great idea to have a pamper session after 5 stone. Would your hubby go with you? Or maybe get some miniminners to go. I'd be up for it!

Tracey
x

We feel the same. I expect many parents do. It is becoming a natiowide problem now rather than mainly london/ home counties. All v depressing.

ps well done on the multi-quote. Not quite sure why you couldn't do it in the first place:p

I always was a slow learner!!!!:)

Have you heard from CD yet, regarding your accreditation questions? Actually, just going to check your diary, I haven't been on this weekend much and goodness knows what I've missed:D

Tracey
x

Ahhhhhhhhh Tracey - any photos of the new arrivals???

We're getting a new kitten in about 4weeks time - mother died or abandoned 2 little kittens and my friend is looking after them - she's keeping one - we're having the other! They are adorable - will take some photos soon!

Another weekend over!

We went out Saturday night with friends and watched a great band. They started sounding better the more I drank, so not really sure how great they were really:rolleyes:

Walked back along the beach, not the sobrest of people and decided in my wisdom to have a paddle. The lovely new shoes I wore, were completely forgotton about, I remembered to take them off, but when I surfaced in the morning, I realised I had forgotton to put them back on again:sigh: I think I forgot as I fell over in the sea and got completely soaked, all the while Scott sat on the beach laughing. Now any caring husband would have tried to talk me out of skinny dipping, or at least carried my shoes home for me;)

Sunday was a lazy day, guinea pigs had a great time watching Harry Potter with the children. I spent a few hours making sure all college coursework was up to date, as it has to be handed in tonight! Then typed up some invoices for Scott, who forgot to take them with him this morning:rolleyes:

Off down the beach now to see if I can find my shoes:D

Tracey
x

I'll sort some out!!

We're getting a new kitten in about 4weeks time - mother died or abandoned 2 little kittens and my friend is looking after them - she's keeping one - we're having the other! They are adorable - will take some photos soon!

I love cats! We have four, all like yours were refugees. Can't wait to see the pics.

Your new avatar pic is lovely!!!

Tracey
x

LOL - hope you find your shoes :D

Have you heard from CD yet, regarding your accreditation questions? Actually, just going to check your diary, I haven't been on this weekend much and goodness knows what I've missed:D

Tracey
x
yuo haven't missed anything on the diary.
I gtoa letter confirming receipt of my questions dated27th june & stating that they'd be marked over the following 7-10days
how about you?
Photo's please!
more photos please1

Sunday was a lazy day, guinea pigs had a great time watching Harry Potter with the children.
That is a lovely image.

Off down the beach now to see if I can find my shoes:D
Tracey
x
Fat chance! Or did you find them?

LOL - hope you find your shoes :D

No sign of shoes:sigh:

yuo haven't missed anything on the diary.
I gtoa letter confirming receipt of my questions dated27th june & stating that they'd be marked over the following 7-10days
how about you?

Not heard anything as yet. Still haven;t heard about new CDC. P didn;t contact me last week, so am down to last tetra for tomorrow night:eek: Good job I'm not ssing.

Fat chance! Or did you find them?

No:cry:

I told you alcohol and me don't go well together. That's 2 times I've been out since losing weight, and both times ended up tipsy! No more. I can't afford to lose another pair of shoes or another Sunday for that matter:)

Tracey
x

Can I give the children permission to tel you 'bad mummy' 'no more vodka' ?

but hey it's only twice in a couple of months.
I'm a little bit jealous. paddling-tipsy is a v basic rite. something we all have to do fom time to time. You justget led astray...I'm not blaming the vodka here..I blame the sea for being too damn close.

You don't find many in worcestershire tipsy-dipping cos there just ain't the beaches.

Wednesday 4th July

Still no news from CD HO:sigh: Totally run out of tetras and feeling neglected!!!

I've been asked to take in lodgers for the summer holidays! 2 great big slimy african snails from Deven's classroom:eek::eek: Apparently I have to spray them, clean out tank and feed them, basically that's it! I've agreed to have them through gritted teeth as Deven was looking longingly at me when her teacher asked. How could I resist really:rolleyes:

We had a hail storm yesterday afternoon. I heard the thunder, but no rain had started. The children had the guinea pigs in the house, so I decided to clean out the hutch. I'd been out there 2 minutes, when it started to rain, then the hail stones started coming down, they were HUGE:eek: and really hurt!! I hid in the garage for a little while, the noise was horrendous, I actually felt quite scared:eek: I decided to make a dash for the house and covered my head with the dust pan I was conveniently holding:) The storm only lasted about 10 minutes, and it looked like we'd had snow, some of the hailstones were marble sized.

Have Deven home today, as she has a temperature and is feeling out of sorts, actually she's snuggled up on the sofa asleep as I type. Hopefully it's only the start of a cold.

Nothing much else to report. Maintenance seems to be going ok, I am still 9 stone 3lbs. I weigh every day, so I can keep on top of things. Although I've had a couple of nights out recently and have drunk a fair bit of alcohol on those evenings, I am finding controlling my food and urges to snack not as hard as I thought I would. I haven't forgotton the Bourbon binge! I know it is easy to still comfort myself with food. But I feel confident that it will only happen occasionally, not nightly as it did before CD.:):):)

Tracey
x

Well done on maintainence Tracey.

Hope you hear from Cambridge soon ...... won't say anything, BUT!!!!

Love your new lodgers!!!! Not really the cuddle up on the sofa type pets!!!

Hope Deven soon feels better.

Tracey,

You are doing fantastic, you must have the hang of maintenance!! I'm sure you will hear from CD HO soon..

Love

I love African snails. they are somehow too big & too stately to be creepy. you know that they love things like mangoes?

I reckon CD HQ are just snowed under at present.
Unless they've started trying to mark my papers & the handwriting is so bad it's taking all of them to decipher it!

Well done on maintainence Tracey.

Thank you, Hopefully I'll be saying the same in a years time! That's another reason for becoming a counsellor, it'll keep me motivated with my own weight issues if I'm helping other people with theirs. Well that's the plan anyway;)

Hope you hear from Cambridge soon ...... won't say anything, BUT!!!!

LOL All I seem to do is chase them, I thought they'd be sick of me badgering them by now and have given into my every whim:D

Love your new lodgers!!!! Not really the cuddle up on the sofa type pets!!!

I've worked out the only safe place to keep them is in the living room on the coffee table. Lots of cosy summer nights in, kids tucked up in bed and me, Scott and the snails curled up watching the tele:rolleyes:

Hope Deven soon feels better.

Me too, poor little thing has slept all day, I'm not used to her being so quiet.

Tracey
x

Tracey,

You are doing fantastic, you must have the hang of maintenance!! I'm sure you will hear from CD HO soon..

Love

Hi Nikki

I'm not counting my chickens with the maintenance thing. It's been tricky getting the balance right. I'm determined to keep the weight off though, and hopefully will be able to stick at it, I'm hoping it gets easier with practice:D:D

Tracey
x

I love African snails. they are somehow too big & too stately to be creepy. you know that they love things like mangoes?

I don't know much about them. I've asked teacher to give me some sort of care list for them. I'm going to check out on the internet about them too.
Mangoes! They might have a fight on their hands there, I love mangoes.

I reckon CD HQ are just snowed under at present.
Unless they've started trying to mark my papers & the handwriting is so bad it's taking all of them to decipher it!

I forgot about that!! They've probably got all hands on deck at the moment;) either that or they've opened mine and had second thoughts about taking me on.

I hope you hear from them soon, can't wait to see what percentage you get.

Tracey
x

I hope you hear from them soon, can't wait to see what percentage you get.

Tracey
x
When I first read that I thought..Percentage? Royalties?

then the penny dropped. Ah the test results...hmm bet I get less than you. I just hope I don't have to retake,it would be too humbling.

When I first read that I thought..Percentage? Royalties?

then the penny dropped. Ah the test results...hmm bet I get less than you. I just hope I don't have to retake,it would be too humbling.

I think you'll get more than me. I was thinking the same, the shame of a retake;) Maybe I'll keep quiet if that were the case.

Tracey
x

Back