New member (but old lurker) sneaking in to say hi!

Karen79uk

Hi everyone,

I've lurked for about 18 months but have only just joined! I'm not that confident in any given situation, even online but you all seem lovely so I'm being brave!

I started SW just over 2 years ago and got up to a loss of 6 stone 5lb, in 15 months,but for various reasons, despite still going to group I've gained LOADS in the last 7 months. I am down to a loss of 4 stone 9.5lb. Its been a real struggle and really depressing and for the last couple of months I've been resorting to stupid methods to try and lose, which needless to say haven't worked! My consultant put me on fast forward last week and I think it really worked for me, I only lost 1lb but I ate PROPERLY all week and it gave me the kick I needed to get back on to the diet. I know I can do it, I have before, I just need to REALLY concentrate! It also made me realise that I needed to revise my relationship with food back to the way I was when I first started the plan.

I was hoping it would be ok to start a food diary on here, and I've made loads of the recipes before, but drifted off track lately - so this week has been homemade food heaven!

Sorry for the long waffle!

Karen

Hello and welcome out of the shadows!

Of course it is ok to start a food diary! It's a good idea to put a link to it in your signature once it is up and running too, so people can find you easily.

Sounds like you have really got your head back in the game, I am sure you will have relost your gain in no time at all.

Good luck!

Hi Karen,
Just wanted to wish ya the best of luck!!

Well done on your losses so far.
Putting a diary up really does make you feel more accountable. Also if your having a problem, there is always someone who has gone thru the same or is able to help!!

Waffle away sweetie!!!

I really feel for you! Over the last few years i have joined SW lost weight, not gone to group (for various reasons, including work, ill family etc etc) then re-joined lost weight again and fell into the same vicious circle! We've now moved and i have joined 2 groups in the last 6 months and each time fallen off the plan!

All my own fault and self sabotage, nothing to do with the plan as i know if i follow it to the letter i am amazing! Ha ha!

I'm not saying you do this at all - but after watching secret eaters i realised i was kidding myself! Whilst i love cooking and know lots of SW recipes and have adapted other faves to be SW friendly i HAVE to admit to myself that i drink far too much wine which causes me to snack in the evenings..... and i pick - say if i make the kids a p[izza for their dinner, i'll have a little bite here and there!

This time i have to get back on track and make sure it's the last time i ever have to get back on track ie, it's okay to have a small fool - but to kid myself the way i have been - what a joke! I've 5.5 stone atleast (probably more 7 to be at my 'ideal weight' !!)

Suppose i'm just saying you are not alone! I too have set up a food diary on here - GO FOR it! And i look forward to bumping into you along the way!

Bec x

Waffle away sweetie!!!

I really feel for you! Over the last few years i have joined SW lost weight, not gone to group (for various reasons, including work, ill family etc etc) then re-joined lost weight again and fell into the same vicious circle! We've now moved and i have joined 2 groups in the last 6 months and each time fallen off the plan!

All my own fault and self sabotage, nothing to do with the plan as i know if i follow it to the letter i am amazing! Ha ha!

I'm not saying you do this at all - but after watching secret eaters i realised i was kidding myself! Whilst i love cooking and know lots of SW recipes and have adapted other faves to be SW friendly i HAVE to admit to myself that i drink far too much wine which causes me to snack in the evenings..... and i pick - say if i make the kids a p[izza for their dinner, i'll have a little bite here and there!

This time i have to get back on track and make sure it's the last time i ever have to get back on track ie, it's okay to have a small fool - but to kid myself the way i have been - what a joke! I've 5.5 stone atleast (probably more 7 to be at my 'ideal weight' !!)

Suppose i'm just saying you are not alone! I too have set up a food diary on here - GO FOR it! And i look forward to bumping into you along the way!

Bec x

Blimey, do you know me???? You've just TOTALLY described me! I drink too much wine and then eat and then the next day think oh no so i dont eat ... I'm the only one thats following a plan and I cook for my parents, both of whome are dead fussy and not very well so tend to have really bad foods! - and so I end up picking at theirs while I'm cooking.

This week has been a disaster again, but I weigh on at 9am tomorrow, have dug out all my recipes books, magazine cuttings and SW bits and bobs and am going to plan like crazy this afternoon. I did spot that there is a wine thats 5.5% and 12 syns for the whole bottle, so might treat myself to a couple of those for during the week - half a bottle of that must be better than normal, as long as I plan it in!

Thanks for the replies, its a bit daunting putting things like this online isnt it!

Blimey, do you know me???? You've just TOTALLY described me! I drink too much wine and then eat and then the next day think oh no so i dont eat ... I'm the only one thats following a plan and I cook for my parents, both of whome are dead fussy and not very well so tend to have really bad foods! - and so I end up picking at theirs while I'm cooking.

This week has been a disaster again, but I weigh on at 9am tomorrow, have dug out all my recipes books, magazine cuttings and SW bits and bobs and am going to plan like crazy this afternoon. I did spot that there is a wine thats 5.5% and 12 syns for the whole bottle, so might treat myself to a couple of those for during the week - half a bottle of that must be better than normal, as long as I plan it in!

Thanks for the replies, its a bit daunting putting things like this online isnt it!

Is there - oooh can you share the name of that wine with me please?? Ha ha!

It is daunting - you are so right - BUT it's the only time i think i'm totally honest with myself! I'm considering re-joining group - BUT after taking a 2 year career break to look after my son (who's now starting nursery) i don't want to get back out to work, no longer be able to attend group and that set me off down the wrong path again. I figure if i have a decent go of it at home and can stick to it then i'll be able to carry on once i get back to work (and i know that when i am working i find it so munch easier than when i'm at home!)

Good luck with your planning! :) and good luck for your weigh in tomorrow! xx

My consultant brought in a bottle of First Cape Cafe Collection white wine - she said that one was 12 syns the bottle, and the Banrock Station Light Chardonnay was 18 - I tried a bit of both and they were very nice!

Thanks Karen :) Thanks - you could be my new best friend (depending on the taste and all ha ha!) xx

Back