New member- My diet diary

x_stacey_x

Hi girls, My name is Stacey and im 21 from Middlesbrough, I have 2 children and a supportive(at times) boyfriend..

I hate to type this but I currently weigh 19 stone and 3lb.. the biggest ive been in my life.
Ive tried diets in the past but ive always quit pretty much straight away.. But this time ive joined with a good friend of mine, and although were friends Im going to enjoy the competition.

I dont know exactly how much I want to loose but I know I want to be a size 14 (im an 18-20 now)

Im going to do a diet diary but because Im new to this could you please direct me if im ever going wrong, Im still getting used to it all you see.

looking forward to chatting :)

Stace x

So I started my diet on Thursday and got weighed, I weighed LOADS more than I thought I did! I couldnt believe it infact! Im finding the diet easy so far apart from I went to a bbq on friday night and done really well with food as I dont really like sausages and burgers, I tend to stick to the yummy meat.. But then I had 4 cans of lager and didnt realise how many syns they had in them!!

So heres my diary for today..

Breakfast- Apple (wasnt really hungry)

Dinner- chicken breast with dairylea inside (healthy extra) wrapped in bacon with the fat cut off.. with steam veg

Tea- Jacket potato with bacon, mushroom and dairylea and a tiny bit of low fat butter (3 syns) and baked beans

Snacks- Fruit salad

Total Syns- 3

I didnt have any healthy extra's from the B section but Ill remember tomorrow to have healthy extra from both sections.

Feel free to help if ive gone wrong anywhere x

good luck stacey. I started SW on tuesday at 3lb heavier than you. agh! wasnt going to admit that! so, good luck with the plan... you can really really eat loads as long as its the right thing and there are lots of lovely helpful people here who will help you along. If you dont have a target, just wait and see how you feel with eat new dress size. im just aiming for my club ten and will keep doing that until i am happy i think. as we are a similar size and starting the same time, you can compete with me as well if you like :)

GOOD LUCK! XX

hi stacey :) welcome and good luck! whereabouts in boro are you from? i live in darlo so quite close. from the looks of your diary you're following the EE plan? there's so much choice and variety its brill and doesnt seem to get boring like some diets do!

one thing i struggle with is alcohol (im at uni so nights out are hard to avoid :p) , beer and lager are both quite high in syns, you might be better off with vodka and diet coke (2.5syns) as a low syn alternative!

anyway, good luck and hope some of that is useful for you :) xx

Hi Stacey, some of your meals sound lovely! hope your having a fab week, and to karen too, hope your enjoying sw so far. best of luck for your first Weigh In!

Just wanted to mention, i am a member of a team on here, its called queensize to princess, and we are all similar weights to you, its basically a group of us, who all have weight to lose, ranging from 6,7,8 stone and upwards. Its great to have the support of people in the same boat, your all more than welcome to join us, maybe take a look at our thread under slimming teams at the top of the page. best of luck girls xx

good luck stacey. I started SW on tuesday at 3lb heavier than you. agh! wasnt going to admit that! so, good luck with the plan... you can really really eat loads as long as its the right thing and there are lots of lovely helpful people here who will help you along. If you dont have a target, just wait and see how you feel with eat new dress size. im just aiming for my club ten and will keep doing that until i am happy i think. as we are a similar size and starting the same time, you can compete with me as well if you like :)

GOOD LUCK! XX

Thanks so much for the reply, you will have to let us know how you get on at your first weigh in good luck :) How have you found it so far? What clothes size do you aim to be? x

hi stacey :) welcome and good luck! whereabouts in boro are you from? i live in darlo so quite close. from the looks of your diary you're following the EE plan? there's so much choice and variety its brill and doesnt seem to get boring like some diets do!

one thing i struggle with is alcohol (im at uni so nights out are hard to avoid :p) , beer and lager are both quite high in syns, you might be better off with vodka and diet coke (2.5syns) as a low syn alternative!

anyway, good luck and hope some of that is useful for you :) xx

I live at Hemlington do you know where that is? Not far at all! I was at darlington the other week for the Rocky horror show.

I know im terrible with boozing too, I havent been out this weekend but usually when I go out I drink aftershocks, sambuca, cider and black, jagerbombs.. everything infact! So im sticking to vodka and diet coke from now on, which will also mean less hang overs for me as I usually go out once a week! lol

Thanks for the reply x

Hi Stacey, some of your meals sound lovely! hope your having a fab week, and to karen too, hope your enjoying sw so far. best of luck for your first Weigh In!

Just wanted to mention, i am a member of a team on here, its called queensize to princess, and we are all similar weights to you, its basically a group of us, who all have weight to lose, ranging from 6,7,8 stone and upwards. Its great to have the support of people in the same boat, your all more than welcome to join us, maybe take a look at our thread under slimming teams at the top of the page. best of luck girls xx

Thanks alot I will take a look.. Itl be good for me to see other people who are in my boat because some people only have a couple of stone to loose.. I WISH I DID! lol x

an 8 would be nice but will never happen LOL. My aim is a 14 and will see from there really. anything less than a 16 would be fab. it seems like a big hurdle so bitesize aims seems to be the most sensible idea for me. i love SW and have done it before. it really works and very easily. i lost 4 stones whilst pregnant (6 yrs ago) and gave up after the birth...only to put it all back on and then a few stones to boot. Im only 2 days ahead of you and will definitely let you know how i get on... you do the same for me! we've both had a hiccup this week as well so we're on a level footing haha.

Thanks everyone it means alot to have support.. i keep getting snide remarks from people when I mention im doing slimming world, they think im going to quit because ive quit so many times at other diets but Im determined this time xx

Good luck Stacey xx

Thanks everyone it means alot to have support.. i keep getting snide remarks from people when I mention im doing slimming world, they think im going to quit because ive quit so many times at other diets but Im determined this time xx

Perhaps this is also people wanting to do something about there own issues but not as proactive as you....they might be jealous ;)
Keep positive and you will do it
xx

Yeah thats probably right actually as the main person who puts me down about it is my uncle who weighs about double I do lol x

yeah it can make insecure people very snide as it taps into their feelings that prehaps they should be working on something in their own life and some don't like to be nudged like that. sod everyone else, this is your time to shine. xx

Ive woke up in a great mood this morning.. Im excited for the future, I couldnt sleep lastnight for thinking about all the new things Im going to be able to do once ive lost a bit of weight and my confidence picks up :)

One down side is this week has gone soooo slow.. Im looking forward to my weigh-in but Im going to be upset if I havent lost anything ive tried so hard! My eating habits have changed dramatically in only a week.. Im feeling stronger already and trying new foods and im suprised they are actually tasty!

Back