New member of the gang ...Mark

Hi everyone , I've enjoyed reading your diaries and experiences , and am happily jumping on your band wagon :)

Last year I did CD for a month and had good results with the diet , but found with my routinely changing work shift pattern and the remote location of my consultant , it was a real pain getting hold of the actual product .

So I looked around for the alternatives and went with a weeks supply of Extante to see if it was palatable !

To be honest my biggest concern was whether the taste of the product which was a comparatively cheaper alternative to CD would suffer as a result of the cheaper price .Glad to say that wasn't an issue.

My starting weight was 14 st 10 lbs .... And to be honest , I don't have a target weight as such , just a hankering for some 34 inch waist "Rock and Republic" jeans lol ;)

I'm into day four now , was into ketosis at day two ,and have that strange sensation you all recognise , "not hungry , yet you know you should be , based on just how little you've eaten ,,"

Anyway , as my Mum always insisted on me saying when I was a little lad,I'll sign off with …"Thanks for having me "

Mark

nice to see you, and good luck .. keep us posted on how you do.....

Nik

Good luck Mark :D

Good luck mate,

Yeah the feeling of "not being hungry" when you have not really eaten anything is an odd one to get over, coupled with the feeling to sit down and eat a real meal. I'm only on day 10 and each time I make the soup and see how small it comes out I half wonder if it needs a few slices of bread to make up for it. But 10 days in no stumbles so far!

Keep us updated

Thank you to the few people who replied ,hope you've all had good losses this week....

Week one completed and seen me go from a starting weight of 14st 10lbs ........to 14st 4 lbs
so a satisfying 6lbs loss .

The hardest part being , not having a pint or two watching the rugby on Saturday .

I originally ordered a weeks worth of product ..but with extra porridge sachets so time I ordered a bumper months worth, before I run out.

Thanks again for the welcome and encouragement from the three members on here.

Mark

Well done 6lbs off is great :D
There will be other rugby matches, and other pints :)

Congrats on the 6lbs loss! How are you feeling after one week?

Morning!

welcome to the forum and congrats on your good loss.

I look forward to following your jeans journey

Thanks so much guys :p

I think my first week went well , I also learnt some truths about my relationship with food , it was noticeable to me that I could be at work and have no appetite , yet walk through the door at home 10 minutes later and it to be a 'trigger' to me feeling what I always had previously thought of as hunger pangs , I've learnt that I must of previously just eaten on 'autopilot ' due to the location ,rather than any real need to eat ( I realised I was a bit more of a grazer too ,than I previously imagined )

I now live alone apart from when the kids visit , so I was fortunate that I could start the diet with no temptations in the flat , empty fridge etc, all the kids crisps ,chocolates and sweets were stored away in the garage will out of harms way lol

I've ordered a months supply of soups and shakes now , and a box of 50 porridges ,so I'm in it for the long run .

thanks again for the support coming my way , photo to be added to my profile , just as soon as I can figure how to do it
:rolleyes:

Taking food out of the equation does teach you a lot about what makes you eat, it's an interesting and eye opening process. It just feels like such a relief for me not to think about food all the time. It almost feels like all I did was think about food. What I was eating, what I was going to eat next, what I was going to eat the next day, could I cope without chocolate or did I need to do a midnight run to the shop? Such an unhealthy way to live, obsessing about it all the time.

This kind of diet certainly shows up your food traits, bad and good !!
I knew I was a boredom eater, but didn't know I ate when I was tired :confused:
I also discovered I was more of a grazer than I ever knew.
It is a total eye opener eh ?
Good luck with your next month :)

Hi Mark
Just found your diary. Well done on your first week's weight loss and your committment to the diet.
Mere x

Back