New member seeking motivation

Cincy2015

Hi everyone,
I just joined and hope that this gives me the push and incentive to make myself healthier. I was divorced 8 years...very happy, independent, and the best shape of my life. I met a man who swept me off my feet and he totally changed my view that I would never fall in love again. After 3 months he started to change...long story short he became mean, verbally abusive, and over time I lost who I was. I started getting sick, stopped going to the gym, started gaining weight, and was so unhappy. When I finally broke up with him I had gained almost 50 pounds. I am having a hard time sticking to anything. This man took so much from me...self respect, independence, and inner strength. I truly need help and suggestions to get started on getting myself back.

Hi there Cincy,

I am so sorry to hear about the way you were treated by your ex-husband and I am glad that you were able to get away from that situation.

From what I read it sounds like you were going to the gym previously and so I think you are aware of what needs to be done in order to lose weight but might just need a boost of motivation!

I want to tell you that you are a beautiful strong woman and your life will go on and this will get better. It might be an idea to take it slow to begin with and properly grieve for the relationship you had ready to wipe those tears away and go back to kicking-ass! :)

Let me know if you would like me to pray for you if that is something you are comfortable with.

Best of luck in your weight loss journey and with this period of your life.

x

Back