new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

Nina
Wonderful news!!! We all have been thinking about you and wondering if she arrived. Delighted it went to plan and you have your little of bundle....please tell all details.......Sunflower deserves to be next and Sonkie immediately afterwards! I am still on schedule for 18th June!!

sonkie - get him to drop me a text, i can alays post up for you? would i be able to text you when (if??!) jocelyn ever decides to be born? glad hannahs starting to engage - 3rd babies can do that earlier but fingers crossed she stays engaged and comes earlier (although no queue jumping - please let me be next!!!) i know what you mean about nina, im dying to know how shes got on!

bea - how are you going?

sarah - how are things with you? hope youre good and enjoying those mat clothes at last!

well it was (un?)lucky sweep number 13... no change - and, sadly, no chamge prior to weekend so infact my cervix HADNT shortened after all.. consultant said no more sweeps now, theyre not bringing any benefit but they are making my spd measurably worse on a daily basis so enoughs enough.. cervix able to be stretched to 2cm and its central so at least that would make it easier for them to break my waters.. for trial of induction on thurs!

sweep was so painful again today but was done without entonox - i started being really wheezy as soon as the sweep was done yesterday and felt rotten all afternoon (hence why i wasnt on til the evening) and spent 3 hour with an inhaler glued to my side.. turned out the tubing (which id queried) HAD had latex in it (which im rather allergic to) - thankfully it looked such an old piece of tubing the latex wasnt as "fresh" as such maybe because my reaction was smallerthan usual - either that or 26 weeks off sick has helped desensitise me to it a little? felt rotten as though all afternoon, lightheaded, bp was uup a lot compared to usual, felt just generally "poorly".. nice to know why though! so no entonox this morning which made it all the more ow!!

going to try and rest as much as possible between now and thurs and just see what happens - as consultant said when i asked if there would be any benefit in waiting - i could still have a cervix like this at T+13 so the fact im not making any progress at least theyve tried, theyv waited their week to see if there would be any change and there hasnt been so theyve ticked the box as such! whether i end up with a section due to failed induction i dont know - but what will be will be and i have no honest preference either way, i wouls strongly be in favour of a normal delivery for various reasons but have other reasons which mke me strongly in favour of a section!

Oh I am really so relieved those sweeps are over....I just cant imagine how uncomfortable you were and making the spd worse day by day.......not long to thursday and ensure that epidural is well in place before any more happens LOL.....soooo before the end of this week she'll have arrived - that a good focus to have!!

Other than feeling another major growth spurt...I really feel good....didnt get lunch until 3.30 today as I was trying to finish work early and junior literally nearly punched and kicked their way out in demand for food....hmmmm feels like a boy's reaction????!!!! Baby has moved down and getting feet into my ribs - so brining on wicked heartburn (which is so strange as I have never had heartburn in my entire life...) I wont/cant complain given what some of you have been through....next doctor's visit is on Friday...and then finish work on 6th June....Yah!!

I still cant believe we are nearly all at the end of our journey`s.........its nice to have some newer mums to be too........!
Dont forget we can chat about our trials and tribulations of parenthood, whether its your first time or more.......!

Bea I bet you cant wait to be able to rest at home......it was a relief to know if I feel like a nap I can just put my feet up and doze off......!
I get maternity allowance as I was self employed.......so that will take me up to January next year. But I am still wanting to find something to do from home ........but not the childminding.

Congratulations Nina! xx

Congratulations Nina!!!

party-smiley-020.gif

Nina, Congratulations.

thats lovely news, I cant believe how quickly your pregnancy, has gone by!!!!

Good luck to all the rest of you!!!!

Love Nas x

I dont know about the rest of you but I keep having a reality check......omg I am going to have a new baby in 3 weeks time (if on time ....lol). I really thought my baby days were over.

It has gone so quick and we are all so excited.....Marks parents are sooo excited as they never thought they would be grandparents....Marks dad has to have surgery on thursday and was told if he was to be towing a caravan he had to wait 3 weeks after for driving.....but they are so desperate to be here they will be staying in a B&B ......well we did offer the boys bunk beds.....lol.

I still cant believe we are nearly all at the end of our journey`s.........its nice to have some newer mums to be too........!
Dont forget we can chat about our trials and tribulations of parenthood, whether its your first time or more.......!

Bea I bet you cant wait to be able to rest at home......it was a relief to know if I feel like a nap I can just put my feet up and doze off......!
I get maternity allowance as I was self employed.......so that will take me up to January next year. But I am still wanting to find something to do from home ........but not the childminding.

With your spd you need to be able to take those naps when you can get them.......oh and that good you have some income coming in till Jan....some time to think about what to do.....

soooo looking forward to having a little bit of time off before junior arrives......would have perferred more but its more valuable post birth.....

Its hard to believe we are almost at the end of our journey......times it has felt like an age but now its sooo hard to believe we are within weeks of meeting our new babies (and Nina has hers already!!).....its great to have a few new mums as you said to keep the thread alive.....think we will have plenty to share in how we are getting on with our new infants.......the first 6 weeks are coming back to me now LOL.....

I dont know about the rest of you but I keep having a reality check......omg I am going to have a new baby in 3 weeks time (if on time ....lol). I really thought my baby days were over.

It has gone so quick and we are all so excited.....Marks parents are sooo excited as they never thought they would be grandparents....Marks dad has to have surgery on thursday and was told if he was to be towing a caravan he had to wait 3 weeks after for driving.....but they are so desperate to be here they will be staying in a B&B ......well we did offer the boys bunk beds.....lol.

I know SNAP!!!

Thats so sweet about Mark's parents....its makes Hannah's arrival even more special......

NINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

lovely to see you back!! lovly birth story too, yay that the tincture really seems to have helped! looking forward to knowing the weight and also seeing pics!!!

funny to think that most of us are nearly there now, 3 days til we stat our induction, wow! by the end of sunday we'll have a baby!!!

i think this thread willstill keep going actually, with the fouur babies being such a similar age we'll all be swapping pics/tips/asking for help etc - and sarah will soon catch us up!

sonkie -youre allowed your mobile - in fact its encouraged! so do pack it, also your charger too!

bea - just read the bit about yourbaby getting ross when you were hungry - really made me giggle!! he or she definitely has a little personality developing there!

sarah, thanks for the tip about the voucher! we are wanting to use the eco disposables so that theyre not sat on a landfill for years - you can compost the nature nappies i was reading on their website! howmuch better is that! they do nappy bags too which we're definitely using over conventional ones!

WOW .....I am so impressed by the number of vistors we have to this thread checking on our journey.........thanks guys!!

I agree that we should keep this thread going.....we can give each other help and advice that works for us when it comes to teething etc.
I am so used to coming in here now, more so than my own diary thread....lol.

Wow how cool is that, Helen will be a mummy by sunday....woohooo

Congratulations Nina. Looking forward to pics of your little

Sunflower - OMG - I'm barely getting use to the idea. I CANNOT imagine being top of the list to pop never mind having a lo myself !

A HUGE THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, i didnt know we had all these ppl following the thread --

thank you everyone for your warm wishes...now we just have to root for helen to have her baby next!!

sujoud weigh 7 lb 15 oz, she has dark hair like her daddy and she looks like a mini version of me!

someone asked if we did anything specific according to algerian culture after her birth -- the answer is not really...but we did just have a party of her on saturday!

on another note, since i am american...i wanted to point out that she was born on our mother's day! heheh...life is ironic sometimes!

Attachments

• sujoud_newborn_may2008 093.jpg
    sujoud_newborn_may2008 093.jpg
    496.8 KB · Views: 43
Back