new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

Congratulations Bea he is so cute :party0011::party0011:

Dear all
Well managed to get a break from breast feedings to update the thread.

Our son was born on 17th June - 7llbs 10 - he inhaled a bit of fluid on birth and needed to be in an incubator and fed by tube for just over 48 hours....needless to say I was totally devasted that I could and couldnt be consoled for two whole days.....but literally after the 48 hours was up he was out and latched on to me and we havent looked back....we stayed an extra day or so in hospital as he'd been in the Special Care unit so I am feeling pretty strong now (if still a bit sore).....getting used to the 3 hourly feeds!!

Hope all well with rest of the mums and mums to be!!

Will post more soon!!

See photo of my little angel below!!!

Congratulations and well done Bea!!!

Love Mini xxx

How are things going guys? We've had a bit of a breakthrough here, we put jocelyn in a sleeping bag and she sleeps much better in it! Would definitely recommend them!
back to weight on wedding day

Just seen this photo of Jocelyn!

Jocelyn is gorgeous!

Well done Sunflowerbride!

Love Mini xxx

Morning...well afternoon but morning for me!! Thanks for all the nice messages - really appreciate your lovely compliments and good wishes.

We called him Oisin (pronoucned uh-sheen if you havent heard it before) it an ancient Irish name that means little Deer.

Sunflower - those sleeping bags sound like a god send. You sound in great form - hows the spd?

Sonkie...Hannah is so beautiful. My guy is doing a bit of same with b/f at night - getting frantic and then cant latch on....delighted for you that b/f is working out. My back also sore - mine is a combination of compensating for sore stomach muscles after c/section and not sitting properly when feeding!!! And yes swollen ankles are worse than ever? Dont remember that from the last time - whats that about???

Back on duty again! Hugs everyone!!

Congratulations Bea on the birth of your beautiful baby boy:D

In fact all the babies born are so adorable:p

I wish all the new mums all the very best.

(p.s. I was babysitting for my friend's 3mth old on Sat and he sleeps in a sleeping bag too - so cute!)

Please can I have the first cyber hug from Oisin? Many thanks for telling us how to say his name properly!

Hasn't he got a huge choice of gorgeous girlfriends!

Well done to you all

Bea - spd still getting there, I am still in huge amounts of pain by the evening but otherwise you'd never know I had it!

I remember the swollen ankles post delivery - my feet/ankles blew up so much I couldnt even flex my feet backwards.. Even my crocs would leave huge indentations from the holes!! Took a good 10 days to go actually!

OMG......Jocelyn is over a month old!!! Good to see you are doing well and getting there.....will you need physio? tks for info on the ankles....dont remember that last time......

See you are loosing baby weight? What are you doing? Bfing is supposed to really help? As you are a few weeks ahead any advice greatly appreciated!!

Bea - mainly just eating well, not doing anything in particular as I'm am unbelievably hungry as a result of the BF..

That said I managed to get back into the jeans I wore up until 10 weeks pg today so I must be doing something right!!

A belated congratulations Bea.... what a gorgeous little boy you have!!!

all you new mummys seem to be doing great... Well Done!

Love Nas x

A belated congratulations Bea.... what a gorgeous little boy you have!!!

all you new mummys seem to be doing great... Well Done!

Love Nas x

Thanks NasX

Bea - mainly just eating well, not doing anything in particular as I'm am unbelievably hungry as a result of the BF..

That said I managed to get back into the jeans I wore up until 10 weeks pg today so I must be doing something right!!

Wow thats fab!! B/F really getting you to snap back into shape - I am trying to eat healthy - have the odd chocy digestive with a cuppa as a treat during the day! Which I need to cut out really......

Today we went to the Health Centre to have Oisin weighed - met a really unpleasant nurse who commented that Oisin wasnt gaining enough weight....he's gained 1oz since Sunday (day he left hospital)....suggesting I top up with bottles. Rang the hospital who said he was gaining in a normal range for breast fed (he only lost 2oz from his birth weight) and not to worry....back for another weigh on Wednesday!!!!

Bea - dont you worry - and dont you top up.. Keep on going with the breast fdeeding, to have actually gained from his birthweight by day 10 is just fine, you're doing well.. Keep on putting him to you when ever he wants it, he's about to go through his growth spurt at 2 weeks and will want to feed all day (literally!) but keep going, it's his way of upping the milk to the amount he needs.. By topping up his tummy will be full so he wont ever need to ask your boobs to make more milk! Keep going!! :D

(ps - as much as it looks like he's only gained 1oz from sunday, he's probably dipped down and gone back up again.. They always say 7oz a week is a healthy weight gain but I've met very few health visitors who cant step back and not be blinkered that there might be other reasons why that might not happen every week!

When are they next getting him weighed? Hopefully, if it's in a week, he'll be a good 5oz heavier - bf babies DO gain weight more slowly but as long as youre getting plenty of wet nappies, the odd poo filled ones (bf babies sometimes dont go for 4 days at a time as they absorb so much of the milk.. When they do go though it's quite liquidy and can have interesting results!!) and he's settled inbetween feeds (or at least at some point if he's feeding all day!!) then keep on going!!

xx

pps - apologies if you've breastfed for months before and already know all this, I dont mind being told to hush up!!

Did b/f before but its good to get the advice..I didnt have/get weight "concerns"....he's feeding every 3 hours now for 45min to 1hour.....and I feed him on demand in between....weighing next Wednesday.....

my bf'ing story:

while in hospital a few extra days -- i was being bullied my the special care mw to top up with formula cuz sujoud wasnt taking to the breast! of course knowing that its all down to mom's decsion (plus she wasnt poorly, she was just being monitered with preventative antibiotics for 48 hours) -- i expressed and gave it in a bottled

it took me 2 weeks (finally after utter exhaustion of pumping and feeding!), to just give her the breast -- all the while wondering if she was getting enuf

like sunflowerbride (now sunflower mummy!) stated -- plenty of wet nappies and poos along with the overall content of baby...he will lead you to know how much he needs

i read that there are two ways to bf: by demand or by schedule (2-3 hours but no more than 5)...i chose a schedule with the flexibility of demand...it helped me through the first few weeks (when i couldnt think straight! everything was a haze)

question: anyone start exercising yet?

Back