new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

Oooh, we're over 1000 posts now! Is this one of the longest threads on here?

Glad the infacol is working, makes such a difference.. Reducing the amount of milk Im drinking has helped us - cheese/yogurt seems ok, but milk must have been causing her upset.. Hope her bottom clears soon, looks uncomfy for them doesnt it? Thnkfully jocelyns not been too bad - I dont think Id have the courage to nurse her exposed thge same way we do at work! :lol: Have you tried metanium?

not experience talking here - but try Vasogen from the chemist. It's a nappy rash cream for babies - but practically a miracle cure on excema (sp?). I used to also use it on a horse with asking condition and it worked far far better than anything else....

The contents are nothing exciting - but it works better on urine scald (used on an incontinent rabbit !) than anything else. Miracle cure for excema as said and fab on rashes and sore skin. Used it on me too.

PS - I did the animal testing so no one else had to :p

I used Kamillosan for both sore bums and sore cracked nipples - cant recommend it enough!!

Love reading this thread - takes me back to when mine were little - it goes so fast!!

I started used Vaseline as a barrier and it worked for my little guy - he had a little rash and it now gone. Think as they need to be changed to soooo often you can expect a little bit of a rash even when using just water and cotton wool

My little guy's face is now cover in milk spots.........anyone else got them?

Yeah, Jocelyn went through phases where she'd be covered in them!

Things good here, her colics settling as Im ruling out the foods which seem to upset her.. We've got a super routine going at night now, bath then 250mls of expressed milk with a bedtime story, asleep by 9.15 and sleeps through til 6 most nights! Means I can do some housework and enjoy a bath in peace!

Just had Jocelyn weighed - 10lb 12oz.. That's 3oz since the 10th - so in 2 weeks.. :(

hv sid she looks well, alert and well covered, plenty of wet and dirty nappies, sleeping through the night - all reassuring, except the weight gain..

Thing is though, she's definitely grown - we did hand and foot prints on the day of the baptism (6th) and her feet are a good 1-1.5cm bigger.. So how come she hasnt gained?

She's taking a 250ml bottle of ebm before she goes to bed, if I didnt have good milk volume then I couldnt express that - surely? She's giving out a super urine output - we weighed, out of interest, her nappies for 24 hours as she hadnt poo'd (she did as soon as I put the last one on - loads of it!) and there was 600mls nearly of urine so she's obviously getting more than that in..

hv wants to weigh again in 2 weeks and then "review feeding" again to see if I "want to add anything in".. I dont - but Im shocked she's gained so little and I want to do what's right for her.. I cant put her to me any more than Im doing.. Oh, I dont know.. :(

Hmmmm - felt the same way first time my little guy got weighted....tonnes of nappies, feeding all the time but it wasnt reflected in the weight - really upsetting as b/fing is hard work! I was getting the "top up with formula" bit from the health nurse which really upset me (hormones!) I have to say.....

Having said that sis in law (a midwife) is really keen on getting head measurements and lenght to see the overall picture - as she said to me she had babies who have gotten much longer, head growing etc but not registering on the scales......also last time I weighed him he did a wee immediately afterwards and we weighed him again and it was almost 3ozs!!

Well done on the night time schedule - you are doing great!

Thanks bea.. I should listen myself to the advice I gave you then ay? She's definitely longer and her feet are much bigger then the feet imprint/mould things we did on the 6th - by 1-1.5cm!

I just feel like Im letting her down and is part of my passionate dtermination to breast feed actually misguided stuborness over something Ive always wanted to do but have been afraid, with the surgery, I wouldnt be able to? :(

I feel the same about b/f - I think more so cos I had a section..your own instints are the best (even though we doubt ourselves)....b/f babies gain weight at a different pace than bottle fed...once all her other stats are doing well....wait and see she'll have gained loads the next time. Thats what happened with my guy.....he gain only a once or two and then gain over 18ozs the next week.

I actually stopped going to get him weighed every two weeks cos the nurse just made me soooo worried and effected my confidence. He's for his 6 week check up next week and will see then but he feels much bigger and growing out of this clothes (another good sign!!)

Hugs!

Hiya Hannah got weighed today and is on the same line as at birth so gaining appropiately (sp), she now weighs 8lb 6 oz, so 6.5 oz`s in a week.
Marks mum and dad should be here in the next couple of hours.....eeek....lol.

Hiya Hannah got weighed today and is on the same line as at birth so gaining appropiately (sp), she now weighs 8lb 6 oz, so 6.5 oz`s in a week.

2 extra pairs of hands Sonks....:D:D:D:D:D

Well done Hannah....thats a perfect weight gain in a week! Makes the visit to Health nurse so much less stressful when they are following the procedure LOL!

Hope you "mum in law" is a good help to you......

Well done sonkie - and hannah! That's a great gain!

Ooh, meant to say earlier, another 4lb off this week - 10lbs so far! :D

Ooh, meant to say earlier, another 4lb off this week - 10lbs so far! :D

Saw that...well done...my scales are not moving at all....but know I am eating too many carbs.....start again today!

Hiya guys, hows everything going? Things ok here, we've found brocolli makes Jocelyn's colic 10 times worse, she screamed all afternoon the day after I'd eaten it - and it makes sense, she has been worse when I've had it the night before.. So we've cut that out! Still have good days and bad days with it but we're getting through them! She's also stopped sleeping through the night and is feeding at 2, 4 and 6 again... :( Think she must be upping my milk supply again, hope it does it quickly!

Back