new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

Just got back from baby clinic, Hannah now weighs 9lb 5.5oz so still spot on for her centile in the red book.
Still not heard for our 6-8 week check yet or immunisations.......may give them a ring.

Hi ladies

Been to see the Midwife for my booking appointment.. she agrees 20/03/09 :D as an EDD.

It will probably be a hospital birth and I have Group B Strep and will need antibiotics in labour.:(

On the upside we now get a dating scan at 12 weeks :D so I will get to see my bean in about 4 weeks!! :D:D:D

Hi ladies

Been to see the Midwife for my booking appointment.. she agrees 20/03/09 :D as an EDD.

It will probably be a hospital birth and I have Group B Strep and will need antibiotics in labour.:(

On the upside we now get a dating scan at 12 weeks :D so I will get to see my bean in about 4 weeks!! :D:D:D

Wow great news...hope all goes well do keep popping in and keep us updated.

congratulations on the pregnancy -- you will be with your lil addition to the family soon enuf!

Just got back from baby clinic, Hannah now weighs 9lb 5.5oz so still spot on for her centile in the red book.
Still not heard for our 6-8 week check yet or immunisations.......may give them a ring.

Got ours for 19th August! Not looking forward to that doc visit...:(

Hi ladies

Oh exiting...keep us posted on progress!

Got ours for 19th August! Not looking forward to that doc visit...:(

nothing to worry about -- we were out of there within 5 minutes...and had her 1st set of shots the following week...she only had a slight reaction then...

and just had her 2nd set last wednesday -- and no reaction! yah!!!

its nice to see all the babies doing so well!

Spooky - ooh, exciting! We loved our 12 week scan, it's a really lovely experience!

Bea/sonkie - feeding is really meant to help them while they have their jabs - the sucrose in your milk helps act as a painkiller (seriously! It's used widely in nicus for this reason!)

Thats a great weight gain sonkie, you must be really pleased! Suddenly realised last night I hadn't texted you about meeting up, sorry! Let me know when you're free next week maybe?

Nina - nice to hear from you! Glad all's going well!

x

I remember feeding my son immediately after he got the jabs and he stopped crying - I assume cos he got comfort from sucking but thats good know why!

Well that's my first 4 weeks of weight loss - and am 13lbs lighter! :D

Hope the next 4 are as successful, would like to lose 6-7lbs in the next 4 weeks!

Hi ladies

Sunflower!! You must be thrilled with 13lbs!!

I think you have lost it I have probably found it :cool:

I am struggling with 'heavy' carbs at the moment, not eating much bread/potatoes/pasta because it makes me nauseous in an evening.

I am loving fresh fruit though....

Ooh spooky, you are the opposite of what I was, I couldn't stomach fruit at all and lived on carby foods! Funny what pg does to you isn't it?! |Hopefully not long now til your nausea goes and you get your appetite back again!

Great loss! Well done!

super loss Sunflower - keep at it :)

This week hasn't been good.

Tuesday, I went into melt-down from the minute I got into work. Shall we say, it started in floods of tears and ended in the same...

Booted the pc and there was an email from someone I chose to "lose" contact with from 15years ago... we had crossed paths a week or so ago (not in the flesh) - but this was basically apologising and explaining the past...

This was shortly followed by a phone call asking me to go straight to the hospital to see about the GTT results and for further tests. Basically - my blood glucose levels are totally up in the air and in the last couple of days they've worked out it is not going to be possible to control by diet.

Seemingly, glucose level should be under 8 one hour after a meal, and mine was 19.1 after a bowl of shreddies :-( It's continued to be out of control, so I was called back in yesterday for a scan and to be put on medication

I've to call the hospital again on Monday and to go in again next Thursday ..... to be followed with visits every 1 > 2 weeks until due.

Last night, I was doubled over with the oddest pains and ened up taking some paracetamol by late evening. It was high up and like cramp under my ribs. Eventually, it started to settle down about 3am - I can only think that it was baby turning ?

Well - I'm just thoroughly worn out this week. That's just too much going on in one week for me !

Last night, I was doubled over with the oddest pains and ened up taking some paracetamol by late evening. It was high up and like cramp under my ribs. Eventually, it started to settle down about 3am - I can only think that it was baby turning ?

Well - I'm just thoroughly worn out this week. That's just too much going on in one week for me !

sorry to hear your having ups and downs... but these r the weeks when pregnancy starts to take its toll -- the 3rd trimester!! hang in there hun!

about that pain under the ribs -- was it accompanied by anything else -- massive headaches or flashing lights (visual disturbances) -->mention this to ur mw/consultant...pre-eclampsia is dangerous and still goes unrecognized/undiagnosed --> how is ur blood pressure?

hope tonight is better 4 you!

Thnks Bea!

Gosh Sarah, you're not having a good time are you at the moment? The person who got in touch - do you think it will be something that, in time, you'll apreciate clearing the water with even if you dont stay in touch? Sorry your blood sugar's up - 19 is rather high.. On the bright side, gestational diabetes does miraculously go once you've given birth - although it's likely (although not definite!) you'll get it again in subsequent pgs.. They'll want to keep a close eye on the baby's blood sugar after delivery and it's not unusual for it to drop but it always sorts itself within a couple of days and you can both crack on as normal then! How are you hoping to feed? :) Was the pain on one side? Cant have been fun being in that much pain - hope it doesn't come back and it was just LO putting feet in places he or she shouldn't have been! Mention to your mw though just so she knows! Has your bp been ok?

Blood pressure has been fine....

Tuesday's contact was an odd one - but in reality something I probably triggered and not neccesarily a bad thing.... it was more of just a case that more stress hit me in one go that day than I could handle.

I had a scan yesterday at the hospital and baby appears to be doing well and on 75th centile (though I'm not sure if that means above or below average ?). He's been sideways for some time and still was at scan - usually feel the kicking fairly low and on the left hand side.

I'm pretty sure yesterday's pain was him turning round as movements are more in the middle of my belly now. It kind of stopped when I had this really hard "lump" right in the middle of my belly and then evened out... so I presume the really horrid cramping pains under my ribs was the little monkey turning and having a really good stretch ! Took several hours though and was NOT pleasant. No other symptoms.

I've got next midwife appointment in 6 weeks. However, I've to phone the hospital on Monday and probably have to go back to hospital for another scan next Thursday.

Definately not my week ! Was just chewing on a rennie as getting terrible heart burn atm and pulled out a blooming filling !

I was originally hoping to have baby at home (and breast feed).... but having him at home is now said NOT to be a good move as we'll both need close monitoring. As it is, they've told me I'll have to have a minimum of another 6 hospital appointments with a scan at each one.

Are they likely to make baby come early due to the diabetes - or not neccessarily so ?

Not necessarily early - but they probably wont let you go over!

You crack on with the BF still, no reason why you cant at all! He might need a little bit of formula top up if his blood sugars dip just in the early days - but there's no reason why you cant go to full demand breastfeeding once it all settles, look at us (I know I needed to top up for 15% weight loss rather than blood sugar problems but we still needed to top up nevertheless!), we're back to full demand feeds now and haven't looked back! But sometimes it can be good to prepare yourself so that if they then ask you to consent for formula within a couple of hours post delivery it doesn't come as such a shock or disappointment!

Does sound like movement related pain - those movements can be really sore cant they?! Mention it anyway when you go for your next scan/appointment - but doesn't sound anything to worry about!

Sorry to hear about the filling - hope you get sorted soon! You cant have the silver coloured fillings while pg but your excemption card should cover you to have the white ones free of charge also!

Hey guys, I think I have blocked ducts in the right breast......its not painful but it is uncomfortable, Hannah latches on well and can hear her gulping but then it will stop or slow right down, then she gets stressed and fusses at that side.
I have rubbed the lumpy bits as she is on the breast and she will drink for a short time before it stops or slows again. I am still feeding her on alternate breasts but after being on the right she wants more so have offered the left one.

Has anyone got any advice or tips as I want to avoid mastitis.

Hey guys, I think I have blocked ducts in the right breast......its not painful but it is uncomfortable, Hannah latches on well and can hear her gulping but then it will stop or slow right down, then she gets stressed and fusses at that side.
I have rubbed the lumpy bits as she is on the breast and she will drink for a short time before it stops or slows again. I am still feeding her on alternate breasts but after being on the right she wants more so have offered the left one.

Has anyone got any advice or tips as I want to avoid mastitis.

maybe warm shower on the breast while massaging the bits -- may hurt while doing this, but its best not to let the lump stay there too long!

hope u feel better!

Back