'New' or 'old' Atkins?

jalousie

I am determined...yes, but also inspired by everyone on here to make some positive changes.:) I have recently put on more weight than I comfortable with and I have btween 1.5-2 stones to lose.

I know from my experience in the past that low carb is the way to go for me, but I often find myself getting confused or mislead by other 'conventional diet wisdom'. :confused: This is probably not helped by the fact that I have a whole library of diet books.....not only am I a compulsive eater, but a compulsive diet book purchaser too....as if in the act of buying the book I am actually addressing the problem of my weight!

Anyway, like I said I am starting anew, but I have two Atkins books. The original NDR and last years New Atkins New You. Any advice on which is better? Which one do you follow and is there a huge difference between the two?
(Note to self, it is advisable to read the book once purchased!)

I will go and read the induction info for both, but I would really welcome any thoughts from you on what you have found to be best.

Thanks!

Hi, personally I prefer the old way. It is far stricter and much more clean and green. I don't like the idea of all the "frankenfoods" that are used in the new way and I am sure Dr. Atkins wouldn't have either. For me, sometimes the old ways are best. I'm just an old fashioned girl I guess.:D

May sound silly but I have the new book and havent read the old one, what are the 'frakenfoods'? And should I watch how much I eat of them?

Crazyjaxy said:
May sound silly but I have the new book and havent read the old one, what are the 'frakenfoods'? And should I watch how much I eat of them?

Processed meats and foods that have been doctored in some way, they are frankenfoods, throw your local butcher some business and you will avoid them easy!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Clean and Green is the quickest way to lose weight - so, every meal is protein plus your carbs from leafy greens.

Some people like a few treats, like sugar free jelly and cream, or Atkins bars - but they have to be occasional as they seem to stall most people if you have them every day.

Ah ok thanks! I dont have much of a sweet tooth so not finding the need for some of those things although I do love pepperami, I will have to keep an eye on it and see if im stalling at all. I did try sugar free jelly and whipped up cream with splenda but I would have been happy with just the cream!

Back