New Resolve

Haha - no I think it was me being a div.... I thought it said East Riding as your location in your stats on this post........but I think I must have been looking at my own stats!!! x

Sorry I'm not in your area Rainbow it would be good to have someone nearby. I have managed to stay within syns again today, my weigh day is Wednesday, I don't think I will get back to where I was last week let alone lose some.

I feel back on track again and there is a week before any more social hurdles but then there are at least two next week. Now that it's coming on winter again I got my treadmill set up this morning. I walked a mile which took me 30mins at 2 mph. I will try to increase my speed over the next few days/weeks. I have to say it was set on an incline so not as bad as it sounds. I do find it pretty boring but thankfully boosted up my steps and calorie generation. Tomorrow is weigh day so I need all the help I can get!

Last edited:
I was so pleased to be at least 1lb lighter than last week. I lost 2 lbs in fact but I am only owning the pound in case it's an unsustainable blip and I put on on next week. I would rather report a weekly 1lb loss than a glorious drop only to be disappointed the following week.
Today I walked a mile in 23 mins at an average of around 2.5mph. Maybe I'll mange the 4 min mile eventually.

Last edited:
I improved on my walk today now 20 min mile, aver 3.5mph.
I bought a pair of trousers in a size 14 yesterday. They are quite stretchy and very comfotable. I have to say they are a bit too well fitting at the moment, would be fine with a long jumper. I found them in Wallis with 20% discount so not very expensive. Apart from weight loss they are next goal, if I can wear them without a long top then there are several other clothes I like that can come out of mothballs, incentive indeed!

Same walking rate today.
I have decided to set a goal to lose a minimum of 4lbs per month. It doesn't sound very much but if consistant I can lose a stone by the end of the winter. It may even be more likely to keep the weight off when I ease off the diet.
I'm just thinking how easy it is to stay on track when I'm in the mood but how I can suddenly lose concentration and then find difficulty getting back on track again.

Last edited:
I have found a programme on my treadmill for interval walking/running. I cannot manage the running pace so have to reduce the rate but hopefully will build up. So today I did 1.08 mls in 24 mins (set time). Apparently the affect of exercise goes on long after you finish so I should be burning a few extra calories even when I'm sitting around! It's the weekend and I stayed within syns today but I have some family coming for supper tomorrow so I may have to borrow some syns from the past and the future!

Last edited:
I had my family for lunch today so I knew I would be likely to go over. So I have gone over my syns by 19, I had 8 in lieu so now I have to be very good for the next two days and save 5.5 per day to make up.

Treadmill 30 mins, 3300 steps
Only used 6 syns so paid back 9 so I now owe 2 syns from yesterday

Last edited:
I have repaid the borrowed syns from Sunday and si I am actually finishing this week in credit. However I do think having too much on one day has pushed my weight up, hopefully it will only be temporary.

Oh dear my social life is kicking in again and I'm struggling. I need to lose another lb to meet my target for this month but it is so easy to put on weight and so hard to lose it! We are meeting friends for supper tonight and off to France tomorrow. I do have my scales with me though!

In France and trying very hard but can't come in under syns daily. I don't think I've gained but I'm sure I have't lost!

I'm home from my holiday and I have put on weight so not pleased with myself but I hope the excess weight might come off again. I hope to lose 4lbs in November. As long as there is a gradual decrease even if it's bumpy I don't mind how long it takes

I have 10 days without any social events so I hope I can get back on track again. Tomorrow is weigh day but I'm not feeling positive sadly.

Making reasonable progress and staying focussed. S.W. is fine as long as you can stick to the rules (then isn't any diet!) but the boundaries are easily breached. I put on weight so much quicker than I lose it and that is truely depressing. According to my 'Pesobook ' app I am only 8lbs more than an average person for my age and 14lbs above normal BMI so it should be easy to lose the weight - but in fact it's so much harder!

Managed to resist crisps with my glass of wine before supper this evening, so pleased with myself! I just want to lose half a pound to be able to set my next goal, it's so frustrating.

I have reached my latest goal at last so now able to set the next 4lb loss goal. I felt euphoric to begin with, then saw the graph line for my next goal and felt quite depressed, never mind onwards and slimwards!

Last edited:
I took my daughter out for a very nice lunch today and I didn't bother counting the syns. First two courses were fine but I had bread and butter pudding with ice cream for dessert and it was deliciously soaked in butter. That with 2 glasses of wine sealed the syn excess! Sadly its weigh day tomorrow so it may compromise things.

I lost 1lb over the last week, so I am pleased. The only problem is that I am going away on Friday to Brussels to stay with friends and then sightseeing for a couple of days in Antwerp so it will be gained back if I am not careful. The trouble is I just can't stick to a restricted diet when I'm away from home although I think I am in a better mind set these days to get back on track. My main aim is to lose 4 more pounds by Xmas and according to my pesobook app that will make me almost average weight for my height but will still be half a stone above the top of my BMI which is my ultimate aim

Seemed to have picked up some sort of bug and have a queezy tummy. I don't feel like eating which may or may not help my weight loss. I have to say I would rather feel well.

Back