'New rule' regarding syns

Thanks Circes, I managed to lose 1.5lbs this week doing 15syns a day so, i think I'll stick with that... since I'm now at target.... :D :D :D

Oh. Well that's that then! Has anyone had a good loss on 15 every day?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've had lots of losses on an average of 15 syns a day and the last 4 weeks have lost 8lb and have been having about 105 syns a week so not cut down on my syns but have reduced my protion sizes and increased the amount of superfree, especially the vegetables that have been eating and it has worked really well touch wood!
Learning on here that on average 1 syn = 20 calories I think it doesn't make that much difference to your losse if you have to eat about 3,500 less cals to lose a lb so am probably cutting out a lot less cals by cutting down the portions and some of the free food I was eating like the punnet of grapes I had got into the habit of regularly eating :eek:
I know we don't do calories but.........

Last edited:
allie1904 said:
If you eat less syns, you are more likely to replace what's lost with syns with extra free food..

e.g. I can't have that timeout finger so I'll have an extra banana..

stupid thing is..a large banana is more syns than the time out finger..

go figure :)

Good point! We always think of free food as being free but it gas calories too. Obviously a banana has more slow release energy and all that so better than the choccy but I find if I'm over my syns I'll eat free foods rather than just not eat something lol I've never eaten so much before lol

Ok so I've tallied up and my weekly syn intake is 52.5 which is half of what you're technically allowed. I've also exercised and I'm not on * like my first weigh in.

My only worry is that I've not had enough superfree food. I've eaten fruit - lots if it. But my veg intake at lunchtimes had been small. Then again I don't eat big lunches anyway.

Weigh in at 6pm. I have a horrible feeling it's going to be bad. BUT a few items of clothing are looser this week to last. I just feel full a lot of the time so don't feel like I can lose weight!

I suppose if SW are allowing people 15 syns they are allowing people to eat 300 calories of junk, whereas on Rosemary Connely she only allows you 100 calories of junk a day, so maybe they want to reduce it to 200 calories of junk to be seen as a healthier diet??

By the way I have absolutely no idea if this is the case it just made sense to me, but what do I know?? lol! xx

rumbletummy said:
I suppose if SW are allowing people 15 syns they are allowing people to eat 300 calories of junk, whereas on Rosemary Connely she only allows you 100 calories of junk a day, so maybe they want to reduce it to 200 calories of junk to be seen as a healthier diet??

By the way I have absolutely no idea if this is the case it just made sense to me, but what do I know?? lol! xx

100 calories of junk is nothing. That's a packet of French fries. :-(

I don't use my syns on junk :p tom puree, low fat crackers, extra cheese, pitta bread, chutneys all good stuff :D

It still states

Enjoy 5 to 15 Syns a day, in the syn section blurb on the website. So unless it changes on there, then I don't take any notice of anything else I read.

I don't go to classes or subscribe to the magazine (and with the mixed information that gets passed around, I am kind of glad). Online is my only resource being here in Canada.

So if it is going to be changed at any point, it will be reflected on the website I am sure.

Oh Ah! :d'oh:

I think the best bet is to wait untill SW officially change it on the website or likewise! I always have over 10 syns a day and I lose with that, but then I suppose I still have 3 stone to lose, I will carry on having 15 but if it gets to the point that I am not losing I might cut back then!x

How strange. I lose more weight when i have more syns ( eg 15 a day not less). im 8.55 and have always found i need a little more naughty for the nice to work better xx

Our c tells us to work to 10 syns a day. She says to start our week with 70 and countdown each day. I rarely have 10 syns a day the fruit seems to fill me up and I always treat myself to a choc options and perhaps an Alpen or small choccy treat.

I've not heard any different yet, though might email my C and ask. It would be very pants if this is the new official rule.

Hi everyone

My C told us 10 syns a days but use an extra 5 if needed that's was only a few weeks ago, my friends goes to a different group and was told the same I thought this was the norm :) x

I do think this has come about since the onset of EE though. We were always always told 15 syns but this last 12-18 months, since EE has been "the main plan" we've been told 10 syns a day.
Also told that the Red, Green and One pot wonder cook books are being discontinued and a new EE cookbook is coming out.
EE is the way to go it seems - but the new book has "options" in the meals to make them red or green and the magazine has red and green in it too this month so I'm a bit confused with where this is all going!!

I think it makes sense to have more syns. That way you have something you are able to change if you don't lose. So I have between 7 and 11 a day. If I stop losing I'll stay at 7.

jaylou said:
I do think this has come about since the onset of EE though. We were always always told 15 syns but this last 12-18 months, since EE has been "the main plan" we've been told 10 syns a day.
Also told that the Red, Green and One pot wonder cook books are being discontinued and a new EE cookbook is coming out.
EE is the way to go it seems - but the new book has "options" in the meals to make them red or green and the magazine has red and green in it too this month so I'm a bit confused with where this is all going!!

Our C told us about the red and green 100 recipe book being phased out. A new EE cookbook is coming out soon but she also said that there will be some new red and green books coming out too just later on in the year x

Back