New, scared and excited!

Yeomy

Hi all, im a newbie to this website and am starting on the SW diet. I am really determined to stick to this diet and i know that i need to as i have at least 8 stone to lose. I could really do with some friendly help and advice along the way.

A bit about me...im 34, with 2 children and a OH that loves me regardless. He's very supportive.

Oh, and ive just quit smoking (new years eve), after smoking for around 15 years! Doing so well that im making the other big change that i need...the weight!

I want to be healthy...be able to play with my children...and be confident in the way i look.

I will do it...i will lose the weight... Hope to speak to some of you soon x

Hello!

welcome to minimins!

well done on giving up smoking, it must have been difficult.

you sound sooo positive and am sure you will do just as well on slimming world as you having kicking the smoking habit.
This forum is such a fab place for sounding off, information and ideas, am on here most days (alot of the day) Its like having a 24/7 consultant.

Good luck on your slimming world journey

Helen xxx

Well done on quitting smoking and having a great positive attitude towards losing weight. That kind of attitude will take you far as it can be a rocky old journey. Welcome to the board!

Hiya

I'm a new one to Slimming World too, well I did do it briefly last year but never kept it up. Determined to this time.

Well done on doing both at around the same time. I gave up smoking last year and put on even more weight than I already needed to lose. I find the support on here good for whatever ails you! :)

that is the way to do it stop smoking and sw - i stopped smoking 20 years ago and thats when i gained about 2 stones plus another stone in the last 10 years and never shifted it - well i did but regained it IYKWIM.................

this time i am losing weight for good - i am going to be a slim person for the rest of my life.

Oh and it's the best thing you can EVER do to give up smoking WELL DONE. FREE at last. You can do it.

Welcome to SW & Minimins!

I noticed you said in the title of the thread that you're scared - absolutely nothing to be scared of!!

If you've not done the plan before, then it's well worth spending a bit of time reading the book thoroughly, having a look at some recipes on here, on the SW site and in the magazine and then planning your week. Once you know it, it's really easy, and very satisfying - I love that i'm never hungry on this plan!

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great - you sound so determined!

Hi I've just literally registered to minimins too and also attending my first sw class tomorrow, I need to lose 2 stones to be a healthy weight, I've looked at success stories on the site jus seems ppl with more than 2 stones to lose, and I have no confidence n even if I want to I can't stop eating it's all comfort eating I feel this is my last attempt I've tried so many different things.

Good luck Yeomy!! I'm new too - got 6 stone to lose and, like you, feel really positive and determined to do it!

I'm sure we'll catch up along the way xx

Welcome and good luck with your journey, you're in the right place xxxxx

Hi Yeomy im new too!

Im 35, with a 3 year old and very supportive hubby.

Good luck, im determined to shift the weight this year, this diet feels right so far.

I was going to go with slimfast, but its too expensive and not healthy eating. I did lose lots of weight on it, but dont have the energy or willpower for it! x

Last edited:
Welcome all on this thread :giggle:

Yeomy you will be fine! Well done for giving up smoking, always have some healthy carrot sticks to munch on! Massive help when you havent been quit too long :D

Mia_angel, im glad you didnt do it, its not a healthy eating plan, just a quick fix! The proper plans will help you keep the eating for life :p

Good luck and welcome! Thats my new big challenge, quitting smoking eek!
Enjoy your journey :)

Bee x

just wanted to say hello to all the newbies, it's a great site and you'll get loads of help;)

Wow! Did not expect replies like that! Im really pleased...thanks :)

Well...im one day in and it went well! I was working too, so im glad that ive proved to myself that i can do it. If i can do 1 day...i can do 10...if i can do 10, then i can do 100!!

Im aiming for around 3 lbs a week loss, so im thinking that each day im good...thats potentially just under half a pound lost! What an incentive to keep going day by day!

Heres to day 2!!! And the start of exercise!!! :)

Yeomy

Wow! Did not expect replies like that! Im really pleased...thanks :)

Well...im one day in and it went well! I was working too, so im glad that ive proved to myself that i can do it. If i can do 1 day...i can do 10...if i can do 10, then i can do 100!!

Im aiming for around 3 lbs a week loss, so im thinking that each day im good...thats potentially just under half a pound lost! What an incentive to keep going day by day!

Heres to day 2!!! And the start of exercise!!! :)

Yeomy

I don't want to disappoint you, but the average weekly loss on SW is 1.5lbs a week. People do often lose more, however we don't really have much control over how much we lose, so rather than setting yourself an ambitious weekly target, maybe set yourself some short-term goals to reach for, eg each half stone.

I can tell you from experience that setting yourself high weekly loss expectations you leave yourself open to disappointment if you don't reach it, rather than celebrating the good loss you've achieved.

Good luck hun, and enjoy your SW journey!

Back