New Shake is LUSH!

Yeah, don't put milk in the spag bol! :D

I make the porridge up with water to save the calories but I'm not feeling sure about the crispy shake. I'm envisaging a watery mess with soggy bits floating in it! :p

Finally sourced some skimmed milk and i have to agree, this shake is the best thing i've ever tasted. I've been mixing my shakes up in a cambridge shaker thingy so far but this morning i used the blender instead (too impatient to wait for the dishwasher to finish) and it turned out like angel delight, i used a spoon to eat. It was soooooo nice. Just wondering if it was like that because of the blender or was it thick for you Cherry-Blossom?
Might start mixing my other shakes up in the blender if they turn out better.

Mine was nice and thick as well. Did you still have the crunchy bits?

They were there but not loads of them think i might of blitzed them to death. Might try making it with water next time i want to eat it eveyday lol

Just spoke to Rob on the chatting thing and the banana bars are coming back february and you can make the cereal shakes with water but he said they may lack a little flavour. i'll give it a go though. Is there much difference between porridge with milk and porridge with water?

Is there much difference between porridge with milk and porridge with water?

Taste wise, not as far as I'm concerned. Calories and carbs wise you save 50 calories and 8g of carbs and I use the milk for coffee instead.

Porridge with water tonight then!

I found the shakes are usually horrible when made with water but the S&S ones are quite nice and with your recommendation that there isn't much difference its definitely worth giving it a go! Still haven't quite plucked up the courage to try the soup yet, going to have to take the plunge at some point tho.

I've tried the chicken soup and it was quite nice if a bit powdery. Then again that could be because I mixed it with a fork not a whisk.

Cherry-Blossom said:
I've tried the chicken soup and it was quite nice if a bit powdery. Then again that could be because I mixed it with a fork not a whisk.

Might try the whisk then :) I remember having the same problem when I mixed one of the shakes in hot water!

Can't even remember what soups I ordered? Sort of buried them at the back of my supply box. Whoops!

I don't really have the soups. They're ok but not my favourite and there are plenty of other things available that I prefer. On the very odd occasion I have a vegetable soup. I can't stomach the chicken soup as it brings back memories of the God awful Lipotrim chicken soup, the very smell of which made me want to vomit :9529:. It's put me off powdered chicken soup for a lifetime.

Rob's being good about adding new things to the range that adds to the variety and ensures that we all have a number of things that we enjoy :) Makes sticking to plan much easier than if you only have 1 thing you like. I spent 4 long months just having chocolate milkshake when I did Lipotrim in the past as it was the only flavour I could stomach. Never again! It put me off doing another VLCD for years. S&S is a breeze compared to that :)

Finally sourced some skimmed milk and i have to agree, this shake is the best thing i've ever tasted. I've been mixing my shakes up in a cambridge shaker thingy so far but this morning i used the blender instead (too impatient to wait for the dishwasher to finish) and it turned out like angel delight, i used a spoon to eat. It was soooooo nice. Just wondering if it was like that because of the blender or was it thick for you Cherry-Blossom?
Might start mixing my other shakes up in the blender if they turn out better.

It's true, the shakes are way better when you use a blender.

I also make my soups up cold in the blender and then heat them in the microwave. Using the shaker leaves them powdery.

Back