New slim n saver on the block!

FoolsGold

Hi!

New slim n saver on the block!

Unfortunately not new to dieting though. Have done in the past WW, SW, Lipotrim, Atkins and Exante and I'm bloody fed up now!

Have never reached a goal as things happened (had a baby etc) but came very close and have then put weight on and have pretty much stayed the same for a year whilst doing low carbing. I think maybe been having too many calories/carbs to lose but not enough to gain.

So here I am! Looking forward to joining in :)

Hey, and welcome! Slim & save is brilliant! Atleast you know you will maintain once you get to your target!
Good Luck! x

Welcome! Sounds like you're a pro in terms of the VLCDs so any tips you gained along the way are welcome here. I kept my weight off for quite a while after doing LT and then low carbing afterwards but the minute I started introducing bread, pasta, rice etc. it got out of control and over 6 years all piled on again so here I am doing a VLCD for the second time! At least I know how it went t*ts up last time and hope to be able to control it this time round.

Hi !

Thanks for the welcome! You made a good point there, I didn't think of that - about being able to maintain once at target. Ive just got to get to a reasonable target!

To be honest, I don't think I could EVER eat carbs (rice bread pasta etc) ever again. I've spent four years now either on LT or Atkins or low carb. When I had a break last Xmas I piled on 2 stone in a month (!!!) and I am still not where I was despite low carbing all year :-/ However I am an not bigger and at least I know I can maintain on low carb, albeit for life !

welcome :) good luck with your journey :)

I think carbs are the devils food! too addictive for me to enjoy i think! i just so fat if i eat it!! not fair!

Welcome to our little bit of the forum - I'm sure you'll do well here! I'm definately a carb lover particularly because they can be such a low effort choice where protein based foods tend to require a bit more work and preparation. I think the key to doing well with carbs is moderation and exercise - when I used to row, I could eat as many carbs as I liked without any impact on my weight. Health permitting, exercise will definately be a big part of my maintenance plan :)

Back