New Slimming World Programme - please read

DQ

Queen of the Damned
I have moved the thread detailing the new slimming world programme up to Admin. As you may know, previously SW have asked us to remove details that have been posted on Minimins as they were copyrighted - I just want to be sure we are allowed to post so much detail of their new plan and not get into trouble. Hope you understand.

I went out of my way on this post to ensure that I posted from memory what I was told and did not copy anything directly from SW literature that had been copied to me.

This plan is public knowledge amongst all of my group, hence why I felt it was fair to post.

I'm sorry Northernboi, but we have previously had communications from slimming world regarding posting about programmes and syns, etc appearing on Mininins, so I wanted to check whether this would cause problems. Your post is appreciated - I just want to make sure we don't get into trouble.

I do remember reading about SW complaints about copyrighted information being shared. From what I recall, they asked that we didn't directly copy anything from SW literature but that we were allowed to discuss the plan generally. That's why I was so careful to make sure I didn't copy anything and just repeated what I would to my friends in the pub about the plan.

It just seems a shame that the details have been passed to some SW members but not all.

Oh well, never mind - I tried to share it with you all!

Thanks anyway Northernboi, I understand why DQ has to remove it....... imagine if the worst happened and mini's got closed down because of it :eek::eek::eek:

We'll all just wait to the launch..... I'm well excited xx

I think thats probably fair as its not been launched yet.

Seems fair enough, though everything i posted was from memory too. There is no actual sw plan avail to class members yet. i am only going on what i was told.

It seems a bit extreme to me if it's all from memory - like Nb said we were told not to copy directly from SW literature.... Anyhows, not to worry we will find out soon enough!

Thanks anyway Nb - I did get a chance to read your earlier post so feel enlightened!!

Well, we've been given a full photocopy of the new plan and encouraged to try it this week. So it is available to some members!

SW can't really complain if consultants (apparently most in our area have given it out) are encouraging their members to try it. If we're trying it - we're going to talk about it!

Well, we've been given a full photocopy of the new plan and encouraged to try it this week. So it is available to some members!

SW can't really complain if consultants (apparently most in our area have given it out) are encouraging their members to try it. If we're trying it - we're going to talk about it!

If you have been given a photocopy by your consultant, and we are discussing it, it is certainly not us in the wrong, it is the consultant for giving it out before they should have. I was told we will get our new book in december. Is it not against copyright to photocopy the books anyway (if you work for them or not?)

Its a shame that I missed the thread before it was removed!

I understand why it has become an issue , but at the same time i was only speaking from things i heard, rumour so to speak.

Sorry guys but I'm siding with the mods on this one. It's not being launched until january and we have been given no details about it in my group. From what I have seen on the thread in question I could quite easily interperet it however I like and get it wrong. I agree that until the plan is launched and explained properly to all members it's probably not a good idea to put some of the details on here

Back