New Sport...Shooting down Ebay listings!

I cant believe it i have just been on ebay and reported 3 listings!!!! One of which is selling those orange winter spice!! its so bad i cant believe it!

Q: Linda...do you know why it has taken ebay so long to accept CD's & LL's arguements?
..& what it was that finally made them give in?

A lot of hard work from both CD and LL have gone into this for many years.

With the new NICE guidance and the involvement or more GPs and health professionals I can only assume the relevance of proper supervision and control was acknowledged.

For whatever reason I think I speak for all CDC's and LL counsellors, it has taken the pressure off us now as we really had no control over customers selling without our knowledge and this in turn put a lot of heat on the CDC's in particular as stock was directly linked to counsellor.

Can't speak for LL of course but would assume a similar standard was in place.

I have reported 2 Cambridge diet listings. But there is loads of Lighter Life stuff!

Just reported 15 Lighter life listings... there is something strangely satisfying about that.

Q: Linda...do you know why it has taken ebay so long to accept CD's & LL's arguements?
..& what it was that finally made them give in?

A lot of hard work from both CD and LL have gone into this for many years.

With the new NICE guidance and the involvement or more GPs and health professionals I can only assume the relevance of proper supervision and control was acknowledged.

For whatever reason I think I speak for all CDC's and LL counsellors, it has taken the pressure off us now as we really had no control over customers selling without our knowledge and this in turn put a lot of heat on the CDC's in particular as stock was directly linked to counsellor.

Can't speak for LL of course but would assume a similar standard was in place.

thanks linda. couple of thoughts:
1. If HO had notified all CDC's of ebay's retreat we could all have begun the policing sooner. I would never have known if I hadn't been on line & found spooky & cheryls thread. I guess many CDC's still unaware either of the victory, or the sport to be had shooting stuff off the site.

2. the pressure from HO for us to consider our own clients (& family)as possible ebay sellers was at best insulting to my 'saintly crew' & at worst a cause of mistrust & suspicion, poisoning the client -CDC relationship. Now I no longer have to worry. The worst that can happen is to pass a few spares onto a neighbour or friend. would have been nice to know!

I have reported 2 Cambridge diet listings. But there is loads of Lighter Life stuff!

9 pm sun: Not now there ain't.!!!:D:D
I've just reported 3 from 1 seller. no more found

Just reported 15 Lighter life listings... there is something strangely satisfying about that.

I think you can consider your afternoon's work a success. (blow's over the top of the gun barrel before replacing it in the holster);)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Just found another one.

52 CD shakes....£40 postage:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

£40 I ask ya!! £40!!

Serious case of fee evasion for a start. Norty, norty.

golly yeah...ebay won't like that.
I went on there last night & found a rash of new items. It's quite time cnsuming reporting each one..shame there isn't a 'multi-report button.
A couple were listed straight as Cambridge diet shakes.

Is lipotrim banned?

Hi,
I know I'm not on CD but I've come across a lot of CD/LL supplies being sold on another site similar to eBay. Its called eBid. Its like eBay but without the fees. Don't know if you can report them but thought I'd let you know!
BL x

Never hear of ebid. but 'spose it stands to reason that the hopeful sellers would go somewhere. Thanks for this. I'll pop over

Is it a general ebay thing or is it just the uk one? Surely a ban on ebay is a ban on ebay reguardless of what country its in?

Just wondering because some bloke thinking he's clever has listed his products through the american ebay site (he's actually located in cardiff) in hope that he can get away with it!:eek:
I reported his butt!!!:D

I hadn't heard of eBid either until I came across an ad for it today. There were about 20 listings though for CD so thought I'd let you know :D

Just wondering because some bloke thinking he's clever has listed his products through the american ebay site (he's actually located in cardiff) in hope that he can get away with it!:eek:
I reported his butt!!!:D
Did you feel good as you did it?

I doubt its allowed. Report them anyway. Oh and keep a look out for people who have listed 'diet shakes' but don't mention the company. Its how a lot of them seem to be getting around it at the mo. One person has even written a reply in her post saying eBay is shutting them down and to contact her directly!

I'm not even on CD but I really think its wrong for them to be selling CD supplies like this so good luck with reporting them all!

BL x

Lol maybe just a little!
So is it allowed on the american ebay?
No reason why it should be. If ebay have accpted the ruling that the diet products are inappropriate for sale & therefore banned, it should apply in all the parts of Ebay.
Yeah this is great fun! :D

I just reported someone selling water flavouring for flaming £14.99!!! They're selling it under Lipotrim but its Cambridge!

VLCD Lush Orange Water Flavouring use with *LIPOTRIM* on eBay, also, Shakes Drinks, Dieting Slimming, Health Beauty (end time 09-Jun-08 18:57:42 BST)
"Flaming" says it all as in Flaming Nora & Flaming Cheek.

I doubt its allowed. Report them anyway. Oh and keep a look out for people who have listed 'diet shakes' but don't mention the company. Its how a lot of them seem to be getting around it at the mo. One person has even written a reply in her post saying eBay is shutting them down and to contact her directly!
Yes I've found a few of these. They are excellent cos you can then report them as well as their listing. Offering to sell outside Ebay is against their rules & they are only too keen to ban these sellers.
I'm not even on CD but I really think its wrong for them to be selling CD supplies like this so good luck with reporting them all!
Thanks
BL x
but feel free to join in & shoot a few down yourself. It's really satisfying!

I've reported this guy twice in the last 48hrs and they've still not removed him (he's the one advertising on the american ebay but is from Cardiff).
Please can everyone report him and they might actually get off their butts and ban him.
Cambridge Diet UK 1 Week CHicken & Mushroom on eBay, also, Shakes Drinks, Weight Management, Health Beauty (end time 10-Jun-08 13:33:20 BST)

Cambridge Diet UK 1 Week Broccoli & Cheese on eBay, also, Shakes Drinks, Weight Management, Health Beauty (end time 12-Jun-08 13:33:24 BST)

I've had a go too. Tried under the fraudulant listings heading, though I spose technically he would claim that the asterisks either side of the lipotrim denotes an association not that is IS lipotrim.
It's a shame that Lipotrim & herbal life haven't managed to get their stuff banned alongside Cd & LL.
Also I wonder if ebay have decided that only the shakes are banned & water flavouring, mousse etc are OK
does anyone actually know how broad the CD banning agreement is?

Back