New start, 4st down, 6 to go!

Frankie99

Hi all, just thought I'd say hi. I've been doing SW since Jan this year and got my 4 stone award in July. Since getting my 4st award I've really been struggling to find motivation and keep making excuses to myself like- "I've done so well a few days off won't hurt." But obviously those few days turn into a few weeks! I've still been going to class and have managed to stay at around the 4st mark, but keep having small gains and small losses. I know this is because I haven't been sticking to it and I know that the plan works, so I decided to give myself a fresh start.

I've joined a new class and started completely from scratch so that now my current weight is my start weight. I know that I've lost a lot and I'm proud of that, but I can't lose focus on what I've still got to lose!

I'm hoping to see a good loss this week to show me that I've got my mojo back. I already keep a scrap book to show my progress, with all my certificates, photos and things I'd like to do when I hit target. Does anyone have any other motivation tips? Anything appreciated as I would really love to power through this rough patch!

Thanks for reading and for any tips you might have!

Frankie
xxx

Hello, nice to 'meet' you :)

Firstly well done on losing 4 stone already! fantastic..and now you know you can do this!!!!

I keep a diary on here, it keeps me motivated as the other posters are very supportive.

I read slimming mags, and even have some beforeand after pics pinned up of strangers and some of myself to keep me on the right track.

I've recently bought some jeans that are too small, but plan to try them on monthly until i can get into them :)

I watch as many weight loss progs as possible..and think if they can do this..so can I!!! :eek:

I made a list on page one of my diary on here of ALL the reasons why i need to and want to lose all my excess weight.

Admitting it to myself was very motivational for me, and writing my feelings down really helped.

Setting some mini goals along the way didn't make the callenge so daunting for me.

Planning a nice event, or a wee holiday in the future to aim for is also motivational!

Believing in yourself and realising by giving up and giving in..you are only letting yourself down...nobody else! :)

All of the above work for me hun..good luck and keep posting, chatting to people who truly understand also helps along the way :)

Hi RainbowRose and Sparkles, thanks for the friendly reception and encouragement! Some of those tips are brill RainbowRose- I'll definitely be using that list!

First weigh in at new group on Thursday- been really good this week so hoping for a good loss!

Frankie
xx

Congrats on the weight lose so far, and good luck on losing the rest.

Back