New start every day this week.....

You know, I was walking behind 2 young, slim girls today, and thought - I want to be like that. Now they were obviously younger than me, but were about the same height/build as me if I were lighter. Not skinny, but slim and looked petite, rather than short and dumpy like me.

It has renwed my motivation. I want to be the slim girl walking down the street. I dont want to be the lumpy wobbly thing lumbering along getting out of breath at the slightest effort.

One day at a time - and for the time being one hour at a time.

I will get back into my size 12s. I will.

Take care

can i add my two penneth?

well i have started and restarted with the best of em but something has clicked and i am sailing along on 790. I lost 12lb last week which was week 1. Have a go, it could be right for you

come on you can do it think slim and healthy you can do it

this always helps me ;
when i see somthing i want to cheat with i say to myself ive had it before yes it was nice but i can have it again when i get to goal its just food and i can win this war !!

Last edited:
Just remember nothing tastes as good as being slim feels :)

So.

I have been having a think. Unusual, that. Anyway, I have eaten for England while I have been away from here, and I ahve decided once and for all that I need to GET A GRIP.

I say this time and time again, and even just reading through my own posts on this thread has shown me that I need to stick with this. Indecisive?? Me???!?

Anyway. Horrified at 13.4 this morning. Back on SS today. had a litre of water already, but have got a rumbling tummy. But although I am hungry, I have NO desire to eat. I am hoping that something has clicked, and I can keep this up. If I lose a stone a month, i can be almost a goal for my birthday in september.

I dont want to look at it as one long stretch os shakes and soup, as it is a long time until then, but time passes regardless, so I might as well stay focussed and take it one hour at a time.

I know CD SS works. And so do all of you!! Lets get back on that wagon and continue the ride.

Thanks to all of you who reply to my rambilngs. It honestly does help to know there are others in the same boat.

positive thinking....................

look after yourselves
xxx

This was me writing almost the same yesterday - after a long break away from posting. Came on and joined fallen angel thread ... was determined to get my 1st star ... so resisted all food, drunk loads of water and today i am 3lbs lighter and a star heavier!!

Hi Flirtygreeneyes,

I wish I had some of your willpower - send some this way??
I wish i could decide what I am doing.
I am still no further towards sticking with this than I was a month ago.

I am really getting on my own nerves. I really am.:(:(:(

I might try the fallen angel thing - I think it helps reporting back on here. I might try to post more often. Its just getting on the PC that is the problem.

I really reall really do want to be slim. I just need to get through day one, and then day two..... sounds easy. I need to find that spark of motivation I had when I started the first time round. I almost find it, then it is snatched away by my 'healthy eating' chatterbox.:sigh:

I will think about re-starting again, and doing the carb step-down thing properly. So, its Tuesday today- I will eat my planned low GI foods for today - thing defrosting etc (I hate waste!), and will do low-carb tomorrow and Thursday. Hopefully restart SS Friday (or might do a 790 day- and over the weekend) and be full SS come Monday. I have the week off work - so no lunch meeting temptations for a while.

I just need to get into the swing.

Take Care

RIGHT.

13.3.4 this morning. SS today, going to try to get to see my CDC tonight - she always motivates me!

I was going to ease myself back in, but want to just get started.

Anyway............. must do some work, been reading Icemoose's TT thread. Fascinating stuff. But got things to be doing.

I have been thinking. I have self consciousness issues with my weight. i was always teetering on overweight growing up, and felt fat at 9stone something. How I would LOVE to be 9stone something now..... But I was diagnosed as hypothyroid early this year, so that explains the growing fatness, but I just need to get it under control.

My OH is lovely, but from time to time can be funny about me talking to other men - even colleagues and his own friends. I ahve stopped telling him about the jokes at work if a bloke has told me it etc. Then the other day, a bloke driving past in a van as I was leaving work was kind of eyeing me up. Not only did I feel uncomfortable, but he must have needed his eyes testing! This made me think....... Do I unconsciously self-sabotage so I don't attract attention from men so I dont have the worry about OH being over protective?? I think I might. BUT I HATE being this big. It affects every aspect of my life. I can hardly put my own damn socks on cos my belly is so massive. FFS.

I dont want to raise this with OH as he thinks I am lovely as I am. (I am sure he thinks I am only about 10 stone, when in fact I am sure I weight more than he does).

I need to get through the self-doubt thing, and get a few days SS under my belt.

Onwards and downwards

There you go..... not even an hour after me posting about being positive etc, I m having the shall I shant thoughts of healthy eating.

I havent had anything, but the thoughts have started. I need to keep myslef busy with something to stop me from giving in.

aaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Dont eat dont eat dont eat!!

I know the self sabotage thing...I have been through a lot with men and I think that sub consciously I wanted to look unattractive so that they would all leave me alone, even though I wanted the attention as well...we all have different things going on in our heads!!

Keep at the SSing, I know its hard, but its soooo worth it. When you feel like eating do your nails or something, ANYTHING to distract yourself from food!! You can crack this if you really want to...

Morning,

Must keep this up................

managed to SS until I called into asda for milk & dogfood and gave into a packet of cadbury buttons. Wouldnt have been so bad, but it was the big bag. I didnt even taste them.

Waste of a day. My own fault. FFS get a grip woman.

Today is a new day. 10am and 1 litre down. Am saving my first shake for when the 'should I shouldnt I's' start. Chocolate tetra - I am quite looking forward to it in a strange kind of way.

I can do this. I just need to CHOOSE not to eat.

I am off work all next week, so I am hoping that if I can stay busy I can get week 1 over with without too much trouble. Even my fat clothes are tight. I am NOT buying morre shapeless ugly tents.

stickwithit
xxx

New CDC!!!

Been off the plan for too long. Did I mention I was diagnosed as hypothyroid?? Anyway I am, and even after 7 months of dose increases, I am still not 'normal'. So, been having a few self pitying days.... weeks....

I will re-start this at the weekend. Sunday to be accurate.

Absolutely, definately will do this this time.

I re-joined SW last week in a fit of.... my bleedin thyroid isnt right, I feel like poo..... thinking, and when, despite sticking with the plan, put on weight, promptly gave up. like I always do.

BUT

SS works, it is the all or nothing thing for me. I just cant get the balance right. So I called a different counsellor in my area, and she is going to see me next week after I have had a few days head start with my leftover packs from last time.

I have 4 stone to go until I am a healthy BMI, and would like to get a stone under that eventually.

I will stock up on bottled water (I just cannot drink tap water without retching) so I will get plenty of that down my neck.

I will ask OH to take some more 'before' photos. My other ones would have done, but I need a new set as it is a new start!! He is bound to think I am silly trying again, and he thinks I should wait until my thyroid is sorted, but I could be the size af a terrace by then, not just a single house!

So, I am excited to re-start, and begin to feel less bloaty and horrid. I need that excitement to get me through the first week. I think in the past, my re-start attempts, although I meant them at the time, were too close together, and I need to have that desire toi REALLY do something about this weight.

And I think I have.....

Will update on Sunday night or so.

Take Care

Not been around for ages!

Morning,

Not had a chance to get on the boards for a while.

So far today I have managed 750mls water, and a black coffee. I am training myself to like balck tea and coffee. At the moment I have to have a sweetener tablet with the coffee as it just tastes vile to me without. It is nice to have something other than water to drink. I will train myself to have it without the sweetener.

Going to see my CDC tonight. Hope there is a good result, cos as usual I havent been an angel.

Hi Christine,

How have you got on the past few weeks? I think we must both be a similar height as I need to get down to 9 stone 10 to be classed as healthy to! Im currently 11 so only got little while to go - I was 9:7 when I finished last year but managed to regain to 11! No more messing about for me though I am back on it and not falling off for anyone!

hope you doing well let us know the result with you CDC

Nat xx

reading your thread sounds like me!!

I go through the day swopping and changing ideas in my own head.

This is why i am going to get back onto SS I am gradually weaning myself off the carbs and slipping a few shakes in to replace meals.

I have been through it all, thinking should I healthy eat and gym today, no i will ww today, then I even joined slimming world last week but struggling with that, only really like the green days but eat far too much and don't loose weight, I have even looked up slimming tablets and bl**dy chinese teas!!!!!!

Hope you are doing ok and let me know how you get on with your cdc.

Hi,

I havent been posting on here. plan gone to pot!

Anyway, I will be starting SS again tomorrow - well, weaning myself off the carbs.

I will do this!

I havent worked out how to do the 'quote' thing from other people's replies - but I meant to say hello to the last two posters! I cant even remember who you were now!! Me and technology dont really mix!

But, Hi!!

Hope you are doing well - and everything is going to plan

Take care

Back