New Start, here's to my transformation :)

whosthatgirl

I used to post on here a few years ago when I first discovered the Cambridge Diet. The support here got me started, kept me on track and saw me get into a gorgeous size ten dress.

Like many people, I then didn't use the site as much, would always pop in but never felt I had much to say. I managed to keep the weight off for 4 years, became quite active, started going to the gym and took up running. I thought I'd finally won the battle with weight I'd had all my life.

But it wasn't to be, this past year has been very hard for me, I've suffered from depression amongst other things and have been totally floored. I've done the thing I thought I'd finally learned not to - turned to food for comfort. A lot of weight has piled on in the past few months and I have totally lost my exercise mojo. I am pretty miserable.

So I am back here, new username, new me. Found out about Slim and Save and have decided to give it a try. My order is here and I am just waiting to start. I will see how I feel in the morning but I really want to start this weekend sometime.

I have lots to lose but even more to gain (sorry for the cheese). I felt amazing being smaller and had so much more confidence. I have to do this to prove to myself I am worth taking care of!

Sorry if I've bored you and sorry for another 'back again' story but I would really love your support people. I will support all of you as much as I can x

Welcome back!!! Four years of maintenance is wonderful. You know you can do this and you can keep where you want to be. I know how you feel though. I lost my way big time late last year and turned to food, which is why I'm back too. Good for you in tackling it head on. It will be fab to read your updates. Good luck!

Hey, welcome and good luck! I was diagnosed with depression a few months ago and have been put on various anti-depressants and sleeping pills.. But for me I forced myself to sort my shoddy eating habits and get rid of this hatred for my body.. And 74 days in, so far so good! Starting to feel human again. Really hope you can do the same. Post on this site or even just read as regularly as you can.. It really does help! :D xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Welcome back!!! Four years of maintenance is wonderful. You know you can do this and you can keep where you want to be. I know how you feel though. I lost my way big time late last year and turned to food, which is why I'm back too. Good for you in tackling it head on. It will be fab to read your updates. Good luck!

Thank you, I am nowhere near as positive as I was last time but hoping seeing the quick results will spur me on

Good luck to you too

Hey, welcome and good luck! I was diagnosed with depression a few months ago and have been put on various anti-depressants and sleeping pills.. But for me I forced myself to sort my shoddy eating habits and get rid of this hatred for my body.. And 74 days in, so far so good! Starting to feel human again. Really hope you can do the same. Post on this site or even just read as regularly as you can.. It really does help! :D xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Forcing myself is exactly it! No one else can address my body hangups but me. Thank you !

74 days is an amazing achievement and I'm do glad to hear its having a positive effect x

Rach1001 i typed a reply to you but it didn't post.

Might just be me getting used to minis on the iPhone! 74 days is a great achievement, glad to hear u r feeling better for it!

Well Done

Welcome back!

And congratulations on the loss and 4 yet maintenance, at least now you know you can do it!

I'm sad to hear you have been unwell recently but it's great to see that you are prioritising you now and what makes you happy!

I've no doubt you will be back to where u want to be in no time,

Do you have a goal date or anything xx

Thank you Rachel :)

Well today I have got up showered and dressed. Nothing but a lot to me.
Now what?
Haven't had any packs yet, going to wait as long as possible

So I should have probably started with a shake but couldn't resist having a meal pack. Managed to wait til 3pm and have just had cottage pie with veg.

OMG

Dare I say, it was tasty??? Enjoyable even??!! From what I remember with CD the shakes and soups were bearable but that's all. If all the packs are as tasty as the cottage pie this plan will be so much easier.

Not that I'm kidding myself, I'm very aware that no matter how good food is the carb/sugar etc cravings persist. The first few days are hard but i will do my best to get through :).

I've managed Day1!!!!
Very proud of myself, trying to stick with the positives, tho I know the second/third days can be hardest. But for now I am pleased.
Had a caramel shake which smelled weird but tasted OK. Choc crispy shake was nice.
Had 100g cooked ham too which was a nice treat. My stomach is rumbling!

Good for you! Well done! Just take it one day at a time in these early stages and go to bed mega-early if you need to, to stay strong. Goof luck!

Thank You Spanglymum :)

Well day two today, still on track. Can't believe it! Today I've had a chocolate shake, 100g ham, mild curry pack with mushrooms and I still have a pack left.

Must remember multi vitamin!! Have probably drank too much milk in my tea, might look into getting almond milk as you can have more.

I enjoyed the curry, was a bit too watery, will use less water next time

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Made it to day 3, wonder if ketosis will be here soon. I keep looking into the mirror expecting to see the three stone off lol :).

Today I had a chocolate shake made hot for breakfast, ham for lunch and cottage pie with mushrooms for dinner.

I've drank about a litre of coke zero, aware they say 500ml so will try stick to it next time. At least I'm drinking :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi chick, you will wake up in morning with the dreaded dog breath! Ketosis is a wonderful thing!!!!
Keep up the good work.
Xx

Hi chick, you will wake up in morning with the dreaded dog breath! Ketosis is a wonderful thing!!!!
Keep up the good work.
Xx

No ketosis yet am afraid :(. I'm sure it'll be along soon. Today I had curry for breakfast lol. It was better being not so runny.

Going to try the cheesy pasta later. Looking forward to it, hope its not a disappointment.

Last edited:
Had the cheesy pasta, wasn't able to take my eye off it as it kept overflowing! Tasted ok, the pasta bits had a nice cooked texture.

I've had all my packs already! Had no milk but again drank too much coke zero

Day 5

Can't believe it, didn't think I'd manage to start on Saturday but I did. Still taking it one day at a time. Don't feel like I've lost anything yet, clothes aren't looser or anything. On CD I felt the weight loss everyday but never mind I will still trust the plan.

Have had a pack and my protein already so far. Just being greedy! If there's food there I will eat it.

Onto day 6. I found yesterday quite a challenge. Had an extra pack and went back to using my milk allowance. Not the end of the world I know, could have been much worse.

Like I said earlier, I have used food as a comfort over the past few months. I'm not sure what I'm replacing the food with. Don't have a lot of support from people. I'm the one whose there for everyone else but abandoned as soon as I need help!

Tried things like pampering n going to get my nails done but its just not the same! Eventually I will return to exercise and hopefully feel better :).

Back