New Start, New Diary.....

*update for this evening*

HEB: 2 rocky road hifis- they're just too good!
Syns: Iceland strawberry cornetto= 8.5 syns.

Looked it up and realised the walls cornettos from multipacks are only 7 syns but the iceland packs are far cheaper!!

Total syns for the day= 9

Weigh in this evening and 5.5lbs off!! :DI was saying to my mum beforehand that I didn't feel any lighter so wasn't expecting anything like this! So pleased!

Food so far today:

Breakfast: 2 weetabix (HEB), raspberries and banana.

Lunch: leftover stirfry (0.5 syns) and rhubarb mullerlight.

Dinner: baked potato with cheese (HEA), beans and onions.

Second HEA of milk has been used with my weetabix and coffee throughout day.

Feeling peckish now since haven't ate since before weigh in so will have my second HEB soon, maybe 2 rockyroads since I got more at group.

I did a search and found the post you put up with the afghan carrot hotpot. It sounds great, need to get a few ingredients to make it, maybe on Thursday when I'm off! Only question is what yoghurt did you serve it with?

Couldn't find the morrocan chickpea stew. There was a load of recipes for chickpea soup though.

Ah, glad you found the carrot hotpot - I really like it. I just used plain natural yogurt. I was out last night, but will try to find the chick pea stew recipe & post link.

CONGRATULATIONS on the huuuuuugggge weight loss!

hi!

good luck with your weight loss journey i was had done slimming world and then things happened and i gained more but like yourself i am back on track

you'll do fantastic keep it up x

Thanks Seacrest and HLBGirlie :)

I'm going to make the afghan carrot hotpot on Sunday as didn't get all the ingredients needed today, I'm looking forward to it :)

Today: Green Day

Breakfast: wasn't up in time for any!!

Lunch: mushroom and onion omelette. Then met a friend for coffee

Snack:
munched on some grapes while making dinner

Dinner: odd combination tonight! Slimming world chips with 2 Linda McCartney sausages (4 syns), beans, roasted carrots (odd I know!), mushrooms and halloumi (HEB).

Currently I'm too full to eat anything else. I got the Special K crisps today, a box of salt and vinegar and a box of sweet chilli so may gave them a try later. I'm not planning on having rocky roads as a second HEB today, as I'm trying to keep what I eat varied. I get in the habbit of eating the same foods until I get sick of them.
Will either have some ryvita with HEA cheese or a special k chewy bar, that's if I get peckish.

Changed shifts tomorrow so now working 8-5 instead of 1-9 which means I've to get up off my lazy butt and get some lunch ready. Don't know whether to make some vegetable stir fry or carrot and coriander soup or roasted veg cous cous. Decisions decisions lol

Fantastic! It seem's pretty quick to make too. Thanks :) and I love butternut squash, I sometimes roast it but usually just make it into soup.

Roasted veg cous cous is made ready for lunch tomorrow :) I even made jelly and yoghurt mix and have it setting in half syn portions, so all that's left to do is the ironing :(

I think my food tomorrow will be:

Breakfast:
3 sesame ryvita (HEB) with 3 dairylea light triangles (HEA), mullerlight and an apple
Lunch: roasted veg cous cous and yoghurt jelly mix (0.5 syns), kiwi or an orange

Dinner: no idea!! maybe salad cause my lettuce will need used up.

This evening I tried the sweet chilli special k crisps (4.5 syns). I really liked them (though paid £2 for them at 1 supermarket since they were on a promo space so I thought they were on offer and then when I went to Sainsbury's they were 99p!! So will get more there and maybe the sour cream flavour too :) )
Total syns for today: 8.5

Breakfast and lunch went as planned, except didn't have the fruit.

Had an apple when I came home from work. Was tired and cold so lay and slept on the sofa for half an hour till my bf came home. Was planning on making dinner but he did since I was tired :)
He made me mustard mash (0.5 syns), 2 bbq quorn fillets (I do wonder how these are free!!), peas and broccoli. I then was going to do the dishes when he told me to leave them and he would do them later since I'm working tomorrow!

Feeling hungry now, might have some more of the Special K crisps at 4.5 syns and my second healthy extras, making my total syns for the day 5.5

Yesterday: Green Day

Breakfast:
3 sesame ryvita (HEB)with dairylea triangles (HEA), rhubarb mullerlight

Lunch: roasted veg cous cous, jelly/yoghurt mix (0.5 syns)

Snack:
apple

Dinner:
vegetable stir fry- quorn pieces, peppers, onions, mushrooms, handful of iceland oriental mix, noodles and tbsp of garlic and chilli sauce (0.5 syns)

Snacks:
special k crisps (4.5 syns - though didn't finish the bowl), jelly yoghurt mix (0.5 syns), 2 rocky roads (HEB)

Total syns= 6
Went and done another shop at sainsburys last night. Really am fully stocked right now, can't fit anything else in my fridge. Cupboards are pretty full too :)
Got more boxes of special K crisps last night as £1. Got 2 boxes of sour cream and onion and 2 boxes of salt and vinegar as there were no more sweet chilli which I really like. MISTAKE!!!! I tried them last night, poured some of each into a bowl making up 23g. The sour cream and chive are horrible! They leave an awful taste in my mouth. Then thought the salt and vinegar were bad too (but my bf tried them today and they aren't actually that bad.) I also tried the turkish delight mullerlight last night as I keep hearing it's lovely. I don't like it. Couldn't eat anymore than 2 spoonfuls- so glad I only bought the one!

Hi. I hate it when I like something and buy other favours that don't live up to the original.
Are you finding this healthy/SW food costs more? My food bills seem to be increasing mainly due to all the fresh fruit and veg. Shows how unhealthy I was.
Good luck for this week, Im not looking forward to Wednesday.

I didn't like the sour cream ones either. My oh did though so I have him 2 boxes. Salt and vinegar aren't too bad but not brilliant but I like em.

I really don't fancy the Turkish delight mullers, are they that vile? x

Hi. I hate it when I like something and buy other favours that don't live up to the original.
Are you finding this healthy/SW food costs more? My food bills seem to be increasing mainly due to all the fresh fruit and veg. Shows how unhealthy I was.
Good luck for this week, Im not looking forward to Wednesday.

Yes! I'm spending far more on food, but hopefully that's cos I've been stocking up on some of the cupboard staples. I haven't been buying that much fruit tho cos I was throwing too much of it out. I thought I was all stocked up again but just seen I will need more mullerlights after tomorrow and more peppers, lettuce and onions! I probably would spend less if I planned in advance more but I never seem to get round to it.
Why you not looking forward to Wednesday? I thought you'd be sticking to plan ok? This week I don't feel any lighter, sometimes I regret not having scales since I can't check to see how I'm doing. I'm not sure if I like it being a complete surprise on the night yet!

I didn't like the sour cream ones either. My oh did though so I have him 2 boxes. Salt and vinegar aren't too bad but not brilliant but I like em.

I really don't fancy the Turkish delight mullers, are they that vile? x

Hi Pickle87 :)

To me yes! But I'm not that surprised since I'm not that fussed on turkish delight. Only liked it in Turkey and that tasted completely different to any here! But I kept reading how nice they were so wanted to give them a try!

Definitely think sweet chilli are the nicest out of the 3. I had a bag of quavers earlier and I think at 4.5 syns they may be better than the sweet chilli special k. Not sure if i'l be buying any of them again.

Last edited:
Today: Green Day

Breakfast:
none since had a long lie in again! Pretty much had a lazy day today.

Lunch:
really breakfast but it was lunch time!! 3 sesame ryvita (HEB) with dairylea light triangles (HEA)

Snacks: jelly/yoghurt mix (0.5 syns), toffee crisp biscuit (5 syns), bag of quavers (4.5 syns), rhubarb mullerlight - at this point I had to stop myself eating, dinner was on but I was really craving chocolate, I could've ate far more sweet stuff!! I also snacked on some celery and carrot sticks with a syn free dip made with natural yoghurt and garlic. Didn't have too many, made me feel like I was on a 'diet' and thats when I started eating the jelly, chocolate and crisps!!

Dinner:
afghan carrot hotpot with rice

Snacks:
2 eggs in a cup with a tiny smidge of butter (2 syn), special k chewy bar (HEB)

Total syns: 12
Second HEA= milk used in tea/coffee during day

Think I'l have weetabix for breakfast tomorrow and a mullerlight. I've a salad ready for lunch and will have more jelly/yoghurt mix and maybe a piece of fruit. Think I'l do pasta bake for dinner and use the leftovers for Tuesdays lunch.

Last edited:
Not so great day at work today, and thinking about some changes that might happen are making me annoyed. Which shouldn't really since I don't know whats going to happen yet. Maybe 2013 is the year il get off my lazy bum and find a new job. Fingers crossed. It's just I've no idea what I want to do :(

Today Green Day

Breakfast: 2 weetabix with raspberries, an apple

Lunch:
salad- lettuce, quorn ham, eggs, celery, grated carrot, 40g reduced fat cheese (HEA) and syn free salad dressing. Jelly/yoghurt mix (0.5 syns)

Snack: orange

Dinner:
pasta bake- so quick and yummy and cheap to make. I boil a load of pasta and make sauce out of chopped tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms and onions (forgot to put sweetcorn in tonight). I also put some chilli flakes in and garlic. When the pasta is boiled and sauce heated I mix it all together in an oven proof dish and top with a healthy extra amount of cheese. I've made enough to do me and bf lunch tomorrow. Sometimes I make two separate and add bacon for my bf and quorn meatballs for me.

I found the mini malteser bunnies today!! I remember looking for them last year and never got them. Going to munch on a few later. Think they are 3 syns each while a normal size one is 8. Also the shop opposite work is now doing mullerlights 3 for £1 :D

i'm on again trying to stop myself from eating!! star week has come a week early when it really shouldn't have. I'm on the pill, have been for years, and this has never happened before! No idea why as none missed or taken late. I now understand why I wanted to keep eating chocolate yesterday! Hope this early start doesn't impact on Wednesday :(

So far this evening I've had 2 mini bunnies (6 syns) and a bag of quavers (4.5 syns). I could keep eating now but don't want to ruin this week :(

Back