Total Solution New Start... New Diary......

valentine

miss yo yo
hi everyone...

there are a few people on here that will know me.. I did this a few years ago and had great results..

Regained the weight and a bit on top.. lost and regained the same stone for the last 2 years lol..

Tried several times to restart the plan but could never get past the first few days or if I did I was cheating with bits of food .. We kid ourselves that the "keto friendly" food is ok but for some of us it just leads to going off plan.. If we are TS then that's what it need to be...

I decided to restart the plan on July 29th and that I would not start a diary until I had a full week on TS with no cheats or slip ups...

So here I am a full week later 100% TS and confident that I have finally got my head in the right place ...

I have even told my BF that I need some time out from our relationship to get on top of my weight issues.. (we have been rowing a lot cos im miserable most of the time) He works away during the week and has his own house so he said its prob for best or we would part for good anyway,,,

We speak everyday several times on the phone and get on so much better ..he has issues he needs to sort out too which don't involve me ...so hopefully in say 2 months time we can start dating again and see where it goes..

Have put on 2 st since we met and its never bothered him but it has affected me badly so a break is defo the way forward.... If it doesn't solve things then we were clearly not meant to be a couple anyway so its like a win win situation as far as I am concerned...

Anyway we have agreed that he can take me out for the eve when I can fit my ar5e into a stunning pink dress that is a size 14/16 (prob more a 14 to be honest) ... I was a good 16/18 when I started this so prob more an 18 if I am honest...

so onwards and downwards for me....So focussed this time round that all I have had is packs and water.. all my cravings have gone and I am in full Ketosis ...I am even staying clear of coke zero and all the other keto friendly drinks we have as I think the sweet taste does make me crave things ..
I also got the pick a pack months supply which means im only having the packs I really like ...

my highest weight I went up to was at new years eve and I was:cry:16st 4lbs:cry: and I look dreadful in the few photos that I allowed to be taken of me ...

I am going to print one off and keep it in my kitchen to remind me how miserable I was... I have to say I am feeling so much better already just for getting back on plan ...

For the first time ever I am putting my own needs first ... I live alone so there is not a scrap of food in the house only dog food lol... I don't have to cater for my BF at weekends anymore for the foreseeable future so its just me me me for a while....

After a few days low carbing I did lose 4lb :) and I started the plan at 16st .... todays WI I was :D 15st 5lb :D ... so that's a 9lb :D loss in week 1 and I am happy with that especially as I am due my TOTM any day....

So heres to a happier future losing weight for me and a big good luck for everyone who is already losing x x xxx

Day 2 of Week 2

still 100% TS but due TOTM any day...
Don't know what made me do it but I got on scales this morning and have gained a 1lb!! that just shows how my period does affect my weight due to water retention.. have still been glugging the water as we are told but my body has decided its time to hold onto some of it lol..

Not bothered in the slightest as I kinda knew that's what was gonna happen... Normally that would weaken my resolve but it hasn't at all ..

We know that if we are 100% TS then we have to lose weight as its only 600 cals and 60g of carb a day so it is impossible to gain fat..

Of all the times I have done this diet, today is the first time that has actually really sunk in..

Had a look at my debit card statement for last month ... cant believe how many crap take away meals are on it .. lunches out with my GFs plus my normal weekly shopping and daily trips to local shop for bits n pieces..(mainly choccy n sweets)... I am gonna save a fortune doing this properly TS...

Its been a real eye opener....

I really don't wanna sound like some reformed overeater cos im far from it yet lol... but I really was in denial about how much food I was actually eating..

Going to the drive through KFC at 10.45 at night in my jim jams to buy a krushem, 2 mini fillets and a corn on cob.. (spose the corn was healthy) till I smothered it in butter. I cleared out the receipts from the door of my car this morning and there are at least 5 for the KFC time stamped past 10 at night....

Really hope I can stay in this mind set and carry on with just packs and water.. have managed to give up drinking tea in mornings this time round too...

Really feel things have clicked into place for me with regards to TS this time.. Think that's why I needed a fresh diary..

Hope ya all happy campers in the world of exante xxxx

Hi valentine. Thanks for posting on my diary and the porridge advice lolz...
It sounds as u got the mindset sorted and it easier not having to cook for anyone.
Me and hubbie are looking at what we ate before we started this and we ate loads too.. Portion sizes are our biggest issue and i am a carb junkie so not good for healthy diets.
I am trying to work out how to eat when i am finished to make sure i dont put weight on again but will feed my need for food hitting the soul.. I eat for pleasure more than need.
I know what you mean about feeling rubbish with weight gain. Both me and hubbie have got a little twinkle back as we are starting to look like the people who met 5 years ago. It definately helps.
So keep going u are doing ace and i can vouch it makes a big difference...

Melsxx

Hiya mel.... I am defo a soul food kinda girl... had a real love affair with the slow cooker and crusty bread lol... and I too only ate for pleasure that's soooo very true.

I think this diet is messing with my TOTM as im normally like clockwork .. tummy feels a bit sore today so maybe that's a sign its on its way... I think the 1lb gain yesterday might be a sign too pmsl.

Its my grandsons 1st birthday today and he has just been round with his mum.. she isn't having a party she is taking him zoo so I didn't have to sit watching people eat lol.. cant do the zoo as cant do all the walking as I have spinal problems..

Its great that you and ya man are getting ya groove on again.. it makes me wonder some times why we let ourselves get so big and unhappy before we take action.. it aint like we gained the weight overnight is it lol.

When I was 21st 7lb I was so utterly miserable about everything .. But I was just as miserable at 17st and 18st and 19st and 20st... but I still kept eating and growing ... that was back in 2004 which does seem a life time away now but thank god im not in them shoes anymore..

tell ya what else makes me shake my head sometimes... is the photos of me at 13st when I thought I was sooooo fat... id love to be that "fat" now lol.... but I will be and with the help of Exante I will not be stopping at 13st like I did last time... I am going all the way to under 11st.. I don't care if it is 10st 13.5lb I just want to be under 11....

Just been talking to my BF on phone and he said I sound so much more positive and happy already.. (he has no idea what I weigh ) All he knows is I am a stone lighter now than when we went away for new years. And the dreaded horrid pic of me was taken that I only saw a few weeks ago .. the one that made me say ENOUGH!!!!!!!! time to take control of my eating and my life ....

My friend just came to drop something off and said I look so different already lol... she said all the bloating has gone from my face and that my tummy looks less round lol... She has known me 40 years (since we were 4yrs old) so she don't mince her words lol...

God im waffling along aren't I... still its my diary and its what its for I suppose..

We are very similar weight wise Mel so it will be nice to see how you get on.. The first time I did this I didn't fall off wagon till I hit 13st and got a bit complacent.. im defo not doing that again if I can help it...

I have spent the first half of my 40's feeling fat and its stopped me doing things... So hopefully by the time I am 45 (halfway through my forties) I will be feeling slim and happier to enjoy the other half of them eh ...

Hope all is well with all ye exantiers and that you all get the losses you deserve this coming week x x x x

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. You sound very positive! Keep up the good vibes :) xxx

Found ya V :p
I know what you mean, about the relationship gain. It is a nightmare eh ?
I gained 3 stone in the first year. I have lost 2st this year :D
But ideally, I would love to lose at least another 2st, possibly 3st.
I am WS/low carbing for now, and gyming it :D
I might throw in a TS day every now and then, just because I can (hopefully !! )

Good luck V with TS. You can do it :D

Good luck, V! :)

Just reading your bit about the food costs - I literally spent £20 every night on takeaways for so long! I am amazed how much money I've saved just in my first week. I used to always panic about how my balance kept going so low... well, no wonder! My old 'takeaway money' will go towards something lovely and completely non-food related as a reward for doing this diet methinks. :)

Looking forward to dropping lbs & gaining £££s! ;)

Found ya V :p
I know what you mean, about the relationship gain. It is a nightmare eh ?
I gained 3 stone in the first year. I have lost 2st this year :D
But ideally, I would love to lose at least another 2st, possibly 3st.
I am WS/low carbing for now, and gyming it :D
I might throw in a TS day every now and then, just because I can (hopefully !! )

Good luck V with TS. You can do it :D

Sounds like a plan Marge.. ya know if the TS is messing with ya head then ya have to stop for a while and do something else.. you have a fab gym ethic so you will crack it and be back in the 14's very soon...

Hiya Carrie yep I seem to have found some real focus from somewhere... im finding it just so easy this time round its kinda scarey.... have managed to stay away from the scales today as for the first couple of weeks we all scale hop don't we ..... just trying to break the habit a bit if I can..

Xmas it is really easy to spend a small fortune on takeaways as my bank statement proved to me lol...

I bought myself 4 pairs of sandals the day I started this again ... really sparkly ones from Next... same sandals in 4 different colours...

I did it with the intention of buying a new outfit to go with each pair .. I am wearing one pair this summer but the other 3 pairs are for next summer.. (they are flat and wont go out of fashion)

I am that determined to lose the weight this time but I am not buying anymore summer clothes.. I have a rail full that barely fit.. they might by the end of aug so I hope we have an indian summer lol..

I have about 3 outfits for this weather that fit me and a couple of maxi dresses that grow and shrink with me lol... so its just as well I am off the social scene cos I just don't want to waste money on an outfit I wont wear more than a couple of times..

So I think I will be willing myself back into my size 16's as I know another 8lb will see me in them comfortably and making do with what I have till then..

I have to say it is so much easier to do this TS lark when you are not catering for anyone else in the kitchen... All I have in my cupboards is various condiments and lots of really nice coffee..Oh and the dogs dinners but I aint gonna be chowing down on any of his pedigree chum anytime soon pmsl..

I love black coffee and seeing as we are allowed it I have bought myself some really nice ones to try.... hazelnut dowe egberts is lush lush lush..... And Beanies almond one is very yummy too... ive checked the ingredients and there is nothing nasty lurking in them to throw me out of Keto...

I have also been drinking water by the bucket and staying away from the other "keto friendly" fizzy drinks as they made me crave sweet stuff last time I did this...

Off to walk the pooch now so will say Ta ta for now and catch ya all later x x x x x x

Well its sunday and another weekend is nearly over and a WI on its way.
I have been a bit of a scale hopper this week and if I wasn't so focussed I think it might have put me off... it seems my only loss on week 2 so far is 2lb... which is a bit odd.

My TOTM has still not arrived and is well overdue.. side affect of diet I am sure.. so maybe that has something to do with it.. just a bit confused as o have been 100% TS and normall there is quite a good loss n the second week... unless I get a whoosh overnight it gonna be a small one for me...

Have had a great weekend and managed to buy a couple of lovely bargains in the local thrift shops to slim into.. a stunning gypsy style dress/tunic top from warehouse someone had donated.. its all the colours I love and very flattering off the shoulder kinda thing... also grabbed a lovely lemon beaded top that fits me now and will see out the summer with me... both item still had their original tags on.. glad the warehouse one never had its price attached as it would have cost me much more than a fiver lol...

Also popped into Peacocks and got some 14/16 shapewear leggings cos they are fabulous... had them last year (in a bigger size) but they really smooth your torso out and hide all the wobbly bit... Worth every penny of the £7 they cost...

I also know I may not have lost much this week but the inches have gone as mu clothes are so much more comfy..

off to have a nose round some diaries now x x x

Im sure it will drop soon V :)
I got dome charity shop bargains this week. I couldn't get any shorts for my holidays as everywhere had sold out because of the good weather last month. But in the good old charity shops, I got 3 pairs for 8 quid in total :D
Bargain :D

Day 2 of Week 2

still 100% TS but due TOTM any day...
Don't know what made me do it but I got on scales this morning and have gained a 1lb!! that just shows how my period does affect my weight due to water retention.. have still been glugging the water as we are told but my body has decided its time to hold onto some of it lol..

Not bothered in the slightest as I kinda knew that's what was gonna happen... Normally that would weaken my resolve but it hasn't at all ..

We know that if we are 100% TS then we have to lose weight as its only 600 cals and 60g of carb a day so it is impossible to gain fat..

Of all the times I have done this diet, today is the first time that has actually really sunk in..

Had a look at my debit card statement for last month ... cant believe how many crap take away meals are on it .. lunches out with my GFs plus my normal weekly shopping and daily trips to local shop for bits n pieces..(mainly choccy n sweets)... I am gonna save a fortune doing this properly TS...

Its been a real eye opener....

I really don't wanna sound like some reformed overeater cos im far from it yet lol... but I really was in denial about how much food I was actually eating..

Going to the drive through KFC at 10.45 at night in my jim jams to buy a krushem, 2 mini fillets and a corn on cob.. (spose the corn was healthy) till I smothered it in butter. I cleared out the receipts from the door of my car this morning and there are at least 5 for the KFC time stamped past 10 at night....

Really hope I can stay in this mind set and carry on with just packs and water.. have managed to give up drinking tea in mornings this time round too...

Really feel things have clicked into place for me with regards to TS this time.. Think that's why I needed a fresh diary..

Hope ya all happy campers in the world of exante xxxx

Haha I'm pmsl at your late night KFC's xx

I'm so pleased your in the zone babes.

Makes me feel confident that your gonna whip my ass into shape when the time comes.
Still feels really odd coz kinda from the start we've been almost the same weight eh? Now I'm just a few (hundred) pounds behind you pmsl xx

Im sure it will drop soon V :)
I got dome charity shop bargains this week. I couldn't get any shorts for my holidays as everywhere had sold out because of the good weather last month. But in the good old charity shops, I got 3 pairs for 8 quid in total :D
Bargain :D

Marge I have always loved the charity shops... can walk round em all day... sometimes ya get lots a bits and other days they have nothing...

I go to one in Frinton which is a posh part of where I live and always get the best cast off there lol...

when is ya holiday marge? bet ya looking forward to it...

LMP I can see you lurking lol .... luv ya x x x x x

I'm so pleased your in the zone babes.

Makes me feel confident that your gonna whip my ass into shape when the time comes.
Still feels really odd coz kinda from the start we've been almost the same weight eh? Now I'm just a few (hundred) pounds behind you pmsl xx

Me and Marge will soon whip your arse into gear when the time comes darling..... ya have done it once ya can do it again... and you want to be healthy to run about after Olivia once she is toddling ....just don't try to come back too soon .. you will know when ya ready babes x x x x

3 weeks V :)
There was a bit if a catastrophe last week with it, which has been resolved, so it has made it much more appealing :D

I need my bum whooping too !!!
Hangover today, has meant I have eaten nothing but rubbish.
I will be back tomorrow though :)

3 weeks V :)
There was a bit if a catastrophe last week with it, which has been resolved, so it has made it much more appealing :D

I need my bum whooping too !!!
Hangover today, has meant I have eaten nothing but rubbish.
I will be back tomorrow though :)

lol marge that's what hangovers do to me too.

was my official WI today but I have only just had the chance to get online and update things

Still no sign of my late TOTM but I have lost 3lb this week so am happy about that.

will update my sig in a bit

Spent the day today catching up with my friend bev and we spent the day walking round Colchester looking round the shops... got some fab costume jewellery dirt cheap from Debenhams which I love love love... about 160 quids worth for 17 quid!!!!! .. put a massive smile on my face as I didn't want to buy any clothes..

I got come of them fake collar jobbies that you wear with round neck dresses and tops... will have fun finding something in my wardrobe to use them with..

On a sadder note my BF had to say goodbye to his GSD who was put to sleep at home today.. not my dog .. was his and his exes so I never knew her.. he is very upset and as I only lost my staffy in april it sort of brought things back to me a bit today...

Still that's the circle of life isn't it..

time for bed now me thinks as my poor feet haven't recovered from the walking today

Nanite all xxx

I still get upset when I remember having to have our last dog put to sleep 16 years ago. I couldn't bring myself to get another one for 10 years. It's so sad. Hope your bf is coping ok.

Aww V, sorry to hear about your BF's dog.
Big hugs chick xxx

I still get upset when I remember having to have our last dog put to sleep 16 years ago. I couldn't bring myself to get another one for 10 years. It's so sad. Hope your bf is coping ok.

its strange as I was the opposite lynne.. My little staffy Rommel was with me for 11 years and for the last 4 years it was just me and him in the house... The house seemed like it had died with him.

I went out 4 weeks later and drove 200 miles to visit a little black and white staffy who was 11 months old and in a foster home...

He had been starved and very badly treated...he had been removed from a home by RSPCA at 5 months due to neglect and the person they rehomed him with wasn't checked properly so he ended up with Essex animal action trust who rescue dogs at 11 months

That little rescue dog needed me as much as I needed him.... I renamed him Vinny as his given name was Deisel... which he didn't really answer to anyways ... found out why a month after I had him... His name as a tiny pup was Archie...

He now has his forever name and forever home with me....he will never replace my Mr Rommel ....but he has breathed life back into my home and He had such a bad start.. I loved him the minute I saw him ....

He is now very much a part of my home and my life .. ive never quite worked out why his owners didn't want him in his last home... He is spotlessly clean.. very loving and soft mouthed.. can be walked off lead and will come straight back when called.. doesn't climb on furniture and he is crate trained.. ( he loves his crate and takes himself off to bed at night when he is tired). Such a fab doggy... Their loss was my gain...

My Bf dog had been poorly for sometime.. the ex GF prolonged its suffering to some degree as she used the dog to summon my BF to her house as often as she could saying she was poorly etc... and refused to have her put to sleep twice .... very selfish but its done now and the beautiful dog is no longer suffering..

The BF is heartbroken and we are on a break so I haven't even seen him.. (he lives 60 miles away) we are on a break because of his ex and all her drama regarding the dog being ill for the last 5 months... She (the ex gf) has caused no end of problems .. but her weapon is no longer here so maybe normality will resume...

Will just have to see as I also had the issue of my weight to deal with... feel like im winning that now as at xmas I was 16st 4lb and now im 15st 2lb... that 16lb has made a huge difference to my shape and my confidence... Its just dawned on me that I have only 3st to lose to be the exact weight I was the day I got married.. And I wore a size 12 dress.... So I must carry my weight quite well... And im aiming for 11st 2lb ...

I have put a different goal weight in my stats as I wanted to do this a stone at a time rather than some daunting number ....

Thank you marge and lynne for your kind words and I hope all is good for you both x x x x x x

Back