New start new me and a diary to keep it up!

Hey all :)
Hope you're all well and congrats on the losses! I got weighed tonight and put on 1.5lbs :( can I not count that towards the challenge and just start from my first weigh in in August, lol?
I get married 5 weeks tomorrow (here in Southport) and we're going to Barbados, Antigua and St Lucia - lucky me!!! We've never had a holiday together due to family illness so we'll be ready for it.
Not sure how next week's weigh in will go though, coz it's our joint stag and hen do tomorrow night, involving chinese buffet and copious amounts of alcohol (well that's the plan). Going to try and be 100% otherwise though.
Can I also say that OH got to target tonight :) I'm so massively proud of him....he's so amazing.
Have a great night all x

Aww wow giblet that's lovely well done him!!
You enjoy your hen do and forget the diet that night, you only have one hen night after all ;)
wow your honeymoon sounds amazing!! I'm jelous hehe

I'm ready for another day not decided on food yet altho I'm gonna make a curry tonight
have a good day x

Hey :)
Thanks Harrysmum. I'm trying to stay superfree (mostly) during the day so then can just enjoy tonight thanks. I'm jealous of myself, lol. We could never have imagined we'd have such a great honeymoon planned so I feel very lucky.
A really nice curry that we do is using tinned tomato, onions, peppers, meat (chicken / pork / beef / even prawns), garlic, spices (e.g. cumin, paprika, garlic, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, coriander) or you can use curry powder (but I'm not keen) and about 200mls chicken stock. Make the sauce first, add the meat or whatever and reduce. Lovely :)
Hope you have a great day x

Morning everyone :wavey:

Giblet Don't you worry about that 1.5lbs and everyone is starting from a new weigh in week :) So both me and you start today! I agree with Harrysmum- you go and have an amazing hen night- you will only do it once so just forget SW for one night- it will still be there tomorrow :) Also its early in your week so you will still have Sunday-Thursday to recover so you can still have a great week. Also :talk017:for your OH reaching target thats brilliant! How much has he lost and how long did it take him! You got an piccies before and after for us!! Anyway tell him a massive well done!:woohoo:
Your honey moon sounds amazing- but you deserve it, your going to have the most amazing wedding, and we can definately get that 6lbs off, we are all behind you! Is your dress all sorted? Whats it like! Colours and themes? give us details! lol!

Harrysmum- Good luck with your curry, giblets recipie sounds yummy, I'm going to try that too! We made a lovely chili last night, really tasty! Have a great day xx

Aww...thanks :) I'll pass on that congrats, he'll be well chuffed!
My dress is ivory with sparkles and chiffon (totally girlie unlike me, but I love it!) Hm...I think it was nearly 3 stone since October. We did stall around Xmas, but he's done so well bless him, and I always make sure we have decent meals so it can be sustainable.
Not sure he'll agree to piccies, lol but I can always ask! Maybe I can put one on from engagement (last Sept) and then a wedding one to compare :)
I'll put the rogan josh proper recipe on now as it's our absolute favourite (works best with pork or prawns)....

Lamb rogan josh (from the OLD curry secrets book - I won't use lamb coz I collect sheep things and feel too guilty. Pork or prawns is better)
Serves 4 - can be frozen
1lb/454g meat
1 onion
3 garlic cloves
fry light
1tsp each ground coriander, paprika, ginger and chilli powder
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 bay leaf
cinammon stick (I put 1/2 tsp ground instead)
4 cardamom pods (I leave this out coz it's horrible when it's in)
3 cloves (I leave this out coz it's horrible, lol)
7floz/198ml chicken stock
2 tsp artificial sweetner
small handful of fresh coriander to serve (optional)

fry onion and garlic in fry light, add all powdered spices and fry for 1 minute (add water if dry).
Add meat, tomatoes, bay leaf, stock and sweetner and simmer for 35 mins approx till reduced. Remove bay leaf and add coriander if desired. Serve with steamed veg (Red) or Rice and Veg (EE)
YUMMY
It's so nice, I could eat just the sauce and rice easily
Enjoy and have a great day everyone x

Friday 30/7/10

My diary from yesturday seems to have gone! Lol i must have been a silly and deleted is somehow! OOPS!

Anyway total syns was 18 as I had a Mikado attack. Its ok though as am taking a weekly syn total too this week!!..

So food for today:

Breakfast:
2 ww bread (HEB)
Beans
Low fat marg (2 syn)
Blueberry juice (4 syns)- I love this but can only have a tiny bit as such high syn! ( How can fruit juice be bad?!):cry:

Snack: Banana

Lunch:
Left over chili- 0 syns as counted all syns last night.
Jacket potato
Muller light
Pineapple and strawberries
Apple

Tea: I am unsure yet which is never a good thing! Especially on a friday!... I will make something nice though I will!!#
Tea is going to be:

One hot dog bun- (4 syns)
3 hot dogs (4.5 syn)
slimming world chips

Total syns for far : 14.5

Total for week so far : 32.5/105

Last edited:
hey ill have to look at the recipes I want to make a curry tomorro as cheap as possible!
I got weighed Tuesday night I lost a pound and got my stone award :) I'm going on a mini cruise with some friends on 14th October 3 nights away with food and drink can't wait hehe so want to lost atleast another stone by then so I can buy some smaller clothes! It's taken 7 wks to lose my first stone so I hope I can do it!

I'm feeling drained and tired tonight want comfort food but stopping myself! Gonna have some fruit and yoghurt in abit

bet you can't wait for hols!
Have you stuck to the plan today?

Hey Hayley I forgot to mention- I go on holiday on the 18th October so we have the same little goal to work towards. I am aiming for at least a stone before my hols how about you?
xxx

Giblet - Lots to say to you my love!! Congratulations on the upcoming wedding and honeymoon - it sounds idealic (I can only dream....) . Dont worry about the gain and please try and have lots of fun on the hen do! I bet itll be a scream! Congrats to your hubbie as well for getting to target - i think it is generally easier for men, when I was at class they always seemed to be losing large chunks each week! Thanks for the curry recipe too. Have a great weekend :) x

Thanks hon - I'm a very lucky girlie :) I never thought it would happen to me (either the wedding or the honeymoon).
I intend to have a lovely night, lol (although all our friends are ribbing us for having a joint hen and stag do, but we wouldn't have it any other way!)
Hope you have a great day, and I'll be back on the challenge 100% tomorrow!
Sending hugs x

Hi Claire I want to lose another stone too! Got 14 weeks to do it so fingers crossed!
It's the dreaded weekend I find I wanna eat naught stuff like tonight I'm gonna watch big brother and want chocolate but I'm gonna be good! I'm gonna get some of them mikado you like cos there yummy and low syns I'm determined to beat the weekend and stick to plan :)

I've been very lazy shouldve got out delivering the books but have no energy today!

Enjoy your hen/stag do tonight giblet how exciting!!

My diary from yesturday seems to have gone! Lol i must have been a silly and deleted is somehow! OOPS!

Anyway total syns was 18 as I had a Mikado attack. Its ok though as am taking a weekly syn total too this week!!..

So food for today:

Breakfast:
2 ww bread (HEB)
Beans
Low fat marg (2 syn)
Blueberry juice (4 syns)- I love this but can only have a tiny bit as such high syn! ( How can fruit juice be bad?!):cry:

Snack: Banana

Lunch:
Left over chili- 0 syns as counted all syns last night.
Jacket potato
Muller light
Pineapple and strawberries
Apple

Tea: I am unsure yet which is never a good thing! Especially on a friday!... I will make something nice though I will!!#
Tea is going to be:

One hot dog bun- (4 syns)
3 hot dogs (4.5 syn)
slimming world chips

Total syns for far : 14.5

Total for week so far : 32.5/105

I've had a bit of a naughty night :( however 2 little positives came from it!

1. I actually had 2 hot dog buns so +4 syns. The up side is I had three buns on my plate, and usually I would have just eaten them- but I actually picked on up and put it in the bin. So yes I had one more than I should- but I had one less than I could have!!

2. I have 10 mikado- 5 Syns- but my boyfriend had a cadburys caramel ice cream that are 10.5 syns- he asked me if I wanted one and I said no. I had some mikao- so yes I shouldn't have had them as I am over syns, but at least it was only half and not 10!!

So total syns for today: 23.5

Total syns for the week: 41.5/105. I need to make up 11.5 syns from the last two days.

Claire x

Dilemma!!! I'm going to zizzis tonight and I don't know wat to have! I don't want to go
off track, I think the tomato dishes will
sti have alot of oil in them? Wat do you suggest?

And giblet hope you had a good night last night!

Claire your tea sounded yummy!!

For some reason I didn't see your latest thread til now, well done for saying no to the ice cream and throwing that bun away! Your making the right choices :)
I'm gonna add them mikado to my shopping list! I bet thre hard to stop eating tho?

Hey Hayley,

I wouldn't worry too much about tonight- go enjoy it. But you are right try and stick to tomato based dishes, stay away from cream and cheesey types things. Or maybe they do a chicken or steak dish you can have with vegetables, they its easier to stick to SW.

If you are going to try and stick to plan as strictly as possible, stay away from garlic bread, and the extra Parmesan cheese , maybe have a side salad with your pasta or dish to get the Superfree in?

If not go, enjoy it, have a little of what you fancy and then straight back on plan tomorrow! Just try and be really good today and save what syns you can. Hope that helps!!

The Mikado are really good for cravings, but it is hard to stop! I take out what I am going to eat, then put box away!! xx

Saturday 31st July

Morning everyone :)

Well I planned to go for a run this morning but we need to pop into town and I am not feeling 100% so going to leave it till later or possibly tomorrow!

So food for today:

Breakfast:

Bacon
2 Low fat Tesco sausages (2 syns)
Scrambled eggs
2 ww bread toasted (HEB)
Low fat marg (2 syn)
Blueberry juice: (4 syn)

Lunch:

Low fat chicken supernoodles
Cheese (HEA)

Tea:
I made the paprika chicken casserole, looks tasty and nice- in the oven so I shall let you know how it goes and post recipe if nice!!
Chicken casserole- (1.5syn per portion- for cornflour)
Ainsley Harriot couscous- (1.5 syn) for half packet

Total syns for the day:11
Total syns for week: 52.5-105 (oh dear had half syns in three days!!)

Claire

Last edited:
Hey there :)
Last night was great thanks Harrysmum- very off plan (although I didn't eat THAT much). Totally craving ice cream and McD's now tho, lol.
Hope you're feeling better now Claire x

Sunday 1st August

Hey everyone :wavey:

Well I finally went for my run this morning, only 4km, but I definitely ran a little more than I usually can, I ran every thirty seconds with thirty seconds rest between for 2km which I know is only 1.2 miles but its a start!!

Anyway food for today:

Banana

Lunch:
Bacon
Sausages (5 syn)
scrambled egg
beans
2 ww danish toasted (HEB)
Low fat marg (2 syn)

Tea
I am going to try the spaghetti carbonara tonight, Its pretty low syns but am going to allocate 3 syns and HEA for the cheese.

Spagetti carbonara- (3 syns)

Syns for the day so far: 10

Total syns for the week: 62.5/105

Hi Claire well done on your run! I had the calzone last night and a few drinks tried to make up for it today been walking all day so hope I haven't blown it!

How was the casserole and the carbonara?
Can u post the carbonara recipe please I would love to make that!

You should do well this week your diarys have been good x

Well done on the run! I'm sure I posted already but it sees to have disappeared. Hope everyone is well x

Hey Giblet,

Glad you had a great hen/stag do- are you all recovered now? Not only to go till the big day!! Lol I was pleased about the run this morning but have managed to undo all my good work tonight by having bad things :cry: I knew its been coming, and I haven;t binged, but have had some nice things so am going to draw a line under it and have three perfect days before weigh in on Thursday and hopefully can pull it back.

So to add on to todays syns!:

Caramel cake bar- 7.5 Syn

Tea- we had cabonara as planned but I had some cheese and tomato flat bread from tesco with it- the one thing I really crave is bread! I am a big bready person and love garlic bread and flat breads with pasta :(- 13 syns

and to top it all off I had a cadburys ice cream cone! 10.5

So the grand total of syns today is: 41! :eek: ooops!!

Week total: 93.5/105 so 11.5 left for three days!! Going to try and stick as close as possible!!

But I am not going to panic, like I say going to be 100% till Thursday and see if it is still ok. Damage is done now so no point in getting down about it!!

Harrysmum- will post recipie for you below honey :) xxx

Back