New start using My Fitness Pal - join me :-)

leigh1877

Silver Member
Hey!

I’m Leigh, 41, mummy to Shayne 12 and Angel 8, we have a little chihuahua called Honey, who is 4 :)

I’m fresh out of a bittersweet break up, we were only together for 7 months, but he moved in the last couple of months, my world right now feels like it’s ended! I know I’ll get through this, it’s not the first time this has happened to me and it won’t be the last! He’s a lovely person and wants to remain friends, but it hurts too much, so I’m going to start focusing on myself again, I did so well earlier this year and I could see my goal approaching! I am determined I’ll get my goal once and for all!

Sadly due to my circumstances, I am not in the Christmas spirit, it was so difficult chatting with my extremely friendly postman just now, he celebrates tonight and tomorrow! I have asked my kids dad to have them from tonight and for the next 6 days! In this time I will be healing, focusing on making plans for my diet and fitness, reading and watching whatever I blinking well choose on tv, one thing will be call the midwife!

I will likely be online daily, but I’ll update my weight once a week on Saturday mornings.

I'll join you in the not in the Christmas spirit. Both my kids are grown up so it just feels like another day to me and being on school holiday I would like some time to myself but got BIL here so extra person too think about when it comes to meal times.:classic_roll_eyes:

6 days to yourself to do what you want sounds bliss.:classic_smile:

Well the kids have been picked up, all the Xmas decs are away, just need to wash the kids duvets and our jumpers, then they can go away!

I am feeling fed up, but Mary Poppins the original is on tv so I’ll cheer up watching that! Haha! Who needs a man, it’s so quiet and peaceful here now, adore my kids but I really do need a proper break, to rest and heal! I have planned on my calendar to start running this week and walking Honey too! I need to get a healthy eating plan sorted once I have my appetite back! I’m drinking plenty of water, much needed after drinking alcohol practically every day!

I’ll be looking for ideas on meals soon! Angel is so happy we can eat what we want now as there were meals that my ex didn’t like that we loved! Must get some veg in to make soup and salads!

She is funny bless her! My kids really don’t want me meeting another man now bless them! I need to get so busy I don’t have time anymore! Might have to see if the kids fancy some new recipes every week! I love food lol!

Just catching up on Eastenders, I have to say, it’s so lovely having the tv to myself! He got me watching stuff I never would watch or hadn’t bothered to watch, can’t be bothered with celeb really or love island! Think reading will be my thing now, get lost in a book, but I wanna find comedy without the romance!

I’m recording that, I’m in the soap mood, now I’ve finally caught up! I’m starting to get quite tired, really hoping I’ll have a long restful sleep tonight!

Not at all happy today, I’ve cried so much, I look dreadful! I really hope this will pass soon cos I feel weak! I haven’t been out to walk my dog yet and I haven’t had my run, in fact I haven’t eaten a bite! I just can’t bring myself to bother, I know I’ll need something if I am gonna run, so I’ll have a banana for the time being.

Tomorrow is another day eh, just as bad as still the season to supposedly be merry, but, I’ll get through it again like today! My doggy hasn’t left my side bless her! She cuddled me while I sobbed my heart out!

I stayed with mum in the end! I didn’t cry all night but we were up late! I think hearing from him hurt so much, so I’ve blocked him for now, see how I go!

Mum made me her egg and cheese omelette and chips plus Christmas cake, little out of the calories allowance but it was Christmas! Not sure what’s on the menu today

Thanks hun xx

I’m feeling much much better today! Thanks so much for all your support!

I’m currently filling up my kindle with books, steering clear of anything romantic for now!

I’ve gone through my calendar and I’ve added a restaurant once a month to take my kids out for dinner, something I love and a night off cooking haha!! Obviously I’ll be trying to make healthy choices but this year will be calorie counting and focusing on losing weight, fingers crossed I get to target this time!

I want to love myself and the way I’ve been acting, I really hate myself! I have a gp appointment on 31st, so I can look at options to get me through my difficult time! There’s only so much friends and family will listen to and I need to repeat everything until I understand this is happening and permanent! Well the breakup anyway! Happiness will return soon, I know it!

I have noted walks with Honey and running, in my calendar, so I’m more or less set up to win!

Just need to plan meals and shop cheap for a while until I’m caught up financially!

Oh! I made a list of negatives about my ex, it really helped and I’ll continue to add to it, I’ve saved it in my Xmas day calendar entry! Good riddance to him! I’m not looking back anymore, onwards and upwards! He needed me more than I needed him!

Thanks hun! I think I haven’t loved myself in years tbh which knocked my confidence! I’ll heal and find myself again! Just been looking through photos on fb, reminiscing all the fun I’ve had with my kids! Gives me hope for a great future!

Haven’t been out or got dressed, I need to really! Oh I feel lazy haha

I went out for lunch. Came back ate 2 chocolates( I don't do chocolates):classic_roll_eyes: and a piece of Christmas cake.(not that I'm hungry).
Now lying on bed watching Home Alone with a large cup of tea and a can of Pepsi Max.:classic_smile:

Might have a nap in a min.:classic_big_grin:

Back