new start, we have let things slip

well sabina, anything you can do i can do better, i have managed to eat myself to 12st 10. boy did i enjoy it.
it is the 4th jan and new beginning so things can only get lighter.

lol lol - oh no!!! fb you better get that weight below me as i need the motivation to catch up to you!!! 12st 10lbs - i hope u enjoyed it and remember it as that's it. No more indulging to that level till xmas and the new year!! day 1 went well btw yesterday. hoping i can keep it up for the rest of the week. xoxo

hia everyone!

my day yday was ok, rather sedentary though which didnt help. Was at work today and had to walk 30 mins in the snow home becuase the buses had stoped and my car was straded on my driveway this morning and i we went for a play with the dog.

Had an odd request from people at the univeristy im at asking for participants to improve their fitness. Not sure what it involves but thought it sounded intreguing due to the fact that i am hoping to loose weight as it is.

not been too bad with food today - managed to stop myself eating just becuase my boyfriend was which is a first for me in a while.

enjoy the weather!

JuBean

well done for the walk jubean and well done for stopping yourself from eating unecessarily. My day day went well foodwise today again. Have not managed to get to the gym and cant see it happening till the snow is gone to be honest. Just hope can keep eating sensibly at least. Hope you're doing ok fb.

day 3 has gone well so far and i have been working from home so could have just raided the kitchen all day. still aiming for at least a 2lb loss when i weigh in next Monday. It has to happen....it has to. How are you finding it fb and JuBean? I hope you're managing to stick to it even if it just a steady pound a week i think we need to set a mini goal for focus each week. JuBean, I know you said you aim to lose a pound and its 2 for me this week at least. FB what are you aiming for? Be realistic. Will look out for your post. x

hia

Day three has been my best yet - been out and about and walking most of it where i can. Had a small lunch and for tea, i didnt have seconds. I know i will get hungry before bed so i will have some fruit between now and then though.

Bought myself sweetners for my coffee - which i only drink during assignment time - instead of sugar, and i have made sushi for my lunch tommorow. Ill be in the library at uni. Hoping i am good and dont sneak a chochie bar from the vending machines.

Hoping soooo much that i do loose something this week. At the moment i dont think i have....feeling really big. oh well! time will tell!

Hope the snow isn't causing too much agro for you!

JuBean

sabina, what do you mean be realistic, do you not think i can shift half a stone in a week,is that not a realistic goal?my weight in was on saturday 2nd, i know i should'nt but scales today say 12st 6, only managed 1 walk home from work this week due to snow but am doing wii fit 30 mins every day. so first week may have a better lose than normal due to not eating rubbish anymore.

wow - half a stone!!! get you!! you go for it girl!! I think the extra i have put on will come off easier too as once we stop all the excess it has to come off....surely. So you are back to weigh in on saturdays so you weigh in 2 days before me again. 30 mins on the Wii too. Im glad youre focused. I have paid up my gym till November I think so once the snow clears, I need to get back to going.
I have decided to keep my old weekly losses from last yr on as a reminder as really all i did last year was lose then put it on, then lose then put it on. I havent really progressed into the 11stones. So my aim for this year is to not reach 12 stone ever again once I get below it which i am hoping will be in the next couple of weeks. I go to Jamaica in March so would be fab to get to 11stone and a half by then. Thats what im aiming to do.
Well done Jubean for sticking with it today and hope your fitness participation survey thing proves useful. I think it might be a 3rd year students dissertation to be honest but worth finding out what its about as u just never know.
Good luck for the rest of the week and JuBean, stay positive, if you are making changes then the weight has to come off. And with FB setting half a stone losses as goal for week 1, well we have a tough act to follow!!!! but we will keep chasing her losses!!! and we WILL get there too :p

omg sabina, i was joking about a half stone, you said be realistic so i said 7lb for a laugh, there is no way i could loss that in a week.i would be happy if weight stays at 12st 6 come saturday.

and heres me thinking you were being serious!! well it went wrong for me this evening as ended up bingeing. angry at myself but i did binge on mainly cereal as i dont have much bad food left in the house now. i sooo should have not brought crunchy nut cornflakes back into the house!! its so tempting. Will make sure it doesnt happen again this week as I so want a decent loss on Monday.
so your aiming for 4lbs this week fb? Thats still a big goal but think its realistic as the first week. Im sure you will succeed and maybe more by saturday. I have an appt with the nurse tomorrow so I know she will weigh me on her scales but i think theres a minor difference between hers and mines so i will stick to mine. I did have a peek (as u will have guessed) and im on track for at least 2lb as long as tonights crunchy nut binge hasnt ruined it. x

ohh such good girls - havent binged yet, but i have been eating alot fo fruit so im sure the sugar aint helping me out. Switched to skimmed milk for my cups of tea - which there are rather a few of at the moment but at least im drinking.

I have some scales but they are mechanical ones and they seem to have me at a different weight to the Wii fit which is where i got my start weight from. so should i stick to the weight on the Wii fit or switch and update from the mechanical ones from now on?

Sabina - im sure the crunchy nuts are ok to have binged on!!!

jubean, i would stick with the wii fit scales firstly they are where you started your weighin on and secondly they are less easy to jump off and on them a couple of times a day like some people do. only weigh yourself once a week, do as sabina and i say but not as we do. (should not be any midweek scale peeking) know i am guilty of this but it is only this week promise.

i think i will try - the thing with the Wii i hate is....they make the Mii get bigger...and show you how close to obese you are....i cant make out the deviding line at the moment i am that close to it! but i will try....and ill hide the scales or get BF to so i cant see them.

Today was going rather well untill I got a sugar craving (assignments do that to you) but went to tesco and instead of getting loads of chocolates BF said i would regret it and winge and he found me some skinny cow ice cream and weight watcher biscuits instead. i have had my chocie fix and dont feel too guilty about it now!

yay!!

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to burn calories whilst in the office? There's only so many times you can walk to the water cooler and back!!! :)

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to burn calories whilst in the office? There's only so many times you can walk to the water cooler and back!!! :)

no stairs to run up and down?, you should not be eating bad calories in the office, just a nice healthy filling SW lunch and maybe a nice alpen light bar with a cup of tea or coffee made with milk from your hx allowance. [ .

thanks Jubean - unfortunately the crunchy nut x 2 full bowl did do a lil damage but still aiming for that 2lb loss this week.
Well done for choosing skinny cow. another alternative is frozen yoghurt and ben n jerrys have some frozen yoghurt new ranges as long as its the odd treat.
Just stick with one scale whichever it may be. I find it hard with assignments and when writing and always went through a big bag of maltesers..scary but it got me writing. Just keep it in control. Note to self MUST remain mindful of portion sizes.
Good luck with weigh in tomorrow FB. x

ohh i am dreading tommorow...i have behaved...drank loads of sf squash and tea (no sugar and skimmed milk), and i have been eating alot less, boyfriend has comented on my smaller portions and not finishing meals. But i just dont think its going to do my way :(

it will, it will. be patient. Are you weighing on Sunday? Im weighing in on Monday morning. Im waiting to see if FB made her realistic goal today!!

well girls, as they say many a true word said in jest, scales said 12st 4 this morning, can only say that really after such a appalling pig out at christmas i really was starting a fresh this week and boy do the figures show it.:)

congratulations FB!!!

i was being told by someone on Chat about SW, and noticed now that thats what you do. Is it easy to follow - you seem to have great results!!

Let me know. Weight in in the morning oh worried....becuase its frist one im behaving like such a child! ah well nout i can do now anyway just wait and see!

Back