new start, we have let things slip

who is going to portugal with you?

my half brother that I only met last year. He found me online! Should be good. Ive been off the diet a couple of days but went to a spinning class on tuesday eve and went to another spinning class this morning before work so should be burning off anything bad Ive eaten. Aiming for a 1lb loss this week but even if i can just not put any on i will be happy as did lose alot last week quickly. Hope you're all well. x

we do what we feel we need to do, i was looking at the slimfast in tesco on sunday thinking "will i try it for a week to try to kick start my weight loss" but decided i really do not think i could do it.

Hi, I haven't been on here for a while but I noticed that you've done Slimming World. I lost 2 stones at class last year in 5.5 months then got bored with going to meetings so went it alone. I was fine until after Christmas and in the last 4 months I've put on 7lbs due to not sticking to the plan and particularly too many syns in the form of chocolate and biscuits! Just restarted this week on my own and have already lost 3lbs. Had a terrible headache on the second day, due to giving up the chocs. I think. My point? SW works if you stick to it and combined with exercise and making sure you have a varied diet e.g. not always Extra Easy but the odd Original day for me, and always, always eat according to your appetite and reward yourself regularly. (BTW I was fed up with Cadburys as I am sure that they have changed their recipe for their dairy milk as I always feel very dry mouthed after eating some so have had to find an alternative treat - Thorntons chocs. at 3.5 syns are my fav now). Hope this helps:).

Hi, I haven't been on here for a while but I noticed that you've done Slimming World. I lost 2 stones at class last year in 5.5 months then got bored with going to meetings so went it alone. I was fine until after Christmas and in the last 4 months I've put on 7lbs due to not sticking to the plan and particularly too many syns in the form of chocolate and biscuits! Just restarted this week on my own and have already lost 3lbs. Had a terrible headache on the second day, due to giving up the chocs. I think. My point? SW works if you stick to it and combined with exercise and making sure you have a varied diet e.g. not always Extra Easy but the odd Original day for me, and always, always eat according to your appetite and reward yourself regularly. (BTW I was fed up with Cadburys as I am sure that they have changed their recipe for their dairy milk as I always feel very dry mouthed after eating some so have had to find an alternative treat - Thorntons chocs. at 3.5 syns are my fav now). Hope this helps:).

in total i have lost 4stone 9lbs but things have really slower down for me weight loss wise, did have a little thing about the shakes but do think it would be hard to do compared to all the food available on sw, my boss is on holiday next week and i am filling in for her so would find it too hard to do that week, maybe the next week.

i will be on the shakes when i get back from hols so the week after next. went to a body attack class this eve.

you are doing a lot of classes, you must be getting very toned.

im actually enjoying them, not sure about toned but getting sweaty and tired a lot while there!!! lol x

1lb off this week thank goodness, was beginning to lose faith in SW.

well done! i ate a whole tube of pringles last night! will be surprised if havent undone all i done last week. im hoping the gym classes will even some of it out. Lets see. if can just keep off what i have lost then I will be happy for now until after i return from hol> youre back on track now FB. Must not lose faith. Most diets work - you just have to be patient and focused x

Hello!!!

I knwo i aint been on in foever, things have been hectic and after the most stressfull two weeks i have had i have woken up feeling like a fighter!!! sooooo, i have to get this uni work done and dusted. I know its over due - i got extension due to my mum being taken to hospital and she is ill agen atm (nothing life threatening, just complicated) and i expect it to be a stressfull few weeks!

However, posetive - must remain posetive.

And update on things with me then, as i have been reading your posts over last few weeks anyway.

Medical stuff that i was having fun with - mainly sorted. I have had it confirmed that i have Endometriosis (if thats how you spell it). I am happy that they have dicded thats what it is, becuase ive been arguing that something wasnt right from when i was about 15 years old. and now i can finally get it a bit more sorted. And my other things are only playing up when things are pretty rough with everything; the IBS and Migranes.

Uni Stuff - I have to get it done, tie up loose ends.

Weight - I am 13stone accordng to my bathroom scales but i will go on the Wii and get a more acurate weight prob over the weekend, first thing in the morning.

Diet - i am going to be on the Tony Furgeson Diet as soon as the products arrive to do it. Ordered a weeks worth of food and i have some odds and ends to try a day today to check that i am ok with it. However so far i feel as full as i can get i think. And i aint had much to eat or drink at all today. And in general my diet has been pretty good recently other then the occasional blip that i think we are all allowed to have.

Excersize - i have been doing none. I have been working pretty much full time which is all day walking basically becuase its dispensing medications and all you do it walk to and from the shelves.

So thats my update - oh and we have moved, now living on the Isle of Angelsey. Near Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerigwynrhodrobsantysiliogogogoch. And yes that is deff spelt wrong!

Now i hope you ladies are all ok and i hope that i can get back on track with you and get my 2 stone (thats my current aim) off!!!

my goodness there has been alot going on in your life at the moment, glad you got 1 medical problem sorted. you are always welcome here, maybe i am abit jealous in that i have too much time on my hands and can come on here too often. how are the wedding plans going?

Last edited:
sts this week, fso if i buy the shakes from tesco what do i buy 1 for breakfast 1 for lunch and a meal of approx how many calories for dinner can or or do they do snack bars etc ?

Hi Fb! Im back! and yes you substitute 2 shakes for 2 meals and I personally wud say 500 cals in other meal which means you could still have a piece of fruit or 2 during the day! theres no set plan as such but more or less the same as slim fast. Each shakes is approx 220 cals each so depending on how much u wanna lose most ppl stick to around 1000 cals in total, wich wud be 2 shakes and a meal containing a max of 500 cals. Im gonna be on the shakes from tuesday. I will be doing 1 or 2 shakes, fruit and yoghurt, and a healthy salad. Hope that makes sense. Dont think tesco have snack bars but slim fast do so u could use them or just have fruit!
The Algarve was nice. saw quite a bit of it and ventured to Lisbon too. Was good apart from the ice creams!!! had lots. Think I may have put 2lbs on BUT I will weigh in tomorrow and take from there. Not sure if gyms open tomorrow but if not then back to at least 3 classes if not more each week. Its my birthday on the 8th July so would like to be closer to 11 stone by then. New mini target for my 30th!!
And JB, good to see yur update - keep at it and what is the diet youre doing?! never heard of it!
xx

went to the gym for about 40 mins this eve. feel unfit already but ready to shift some more weight and hopefully look fab soon :) xx

i bought the tesco shakes today as the were 3 for £2 so bought 12. do not know when i will start them, can i still have fruit and yoghurts as long as i keep my calorie intake to approx 1000.

i do. I eat anything and just use them as a meal replacement and try and stay below 1000 cals a day.
I weighed in today and seem to have put 2lbs on - post holiday. Not too bad after all the ice cream I ate! Hopefully will get it shifted at least by next Monday. x

only 2lbs is not bad for a holiday gain.

went to a spinning class this eve but did end up in pizza hut for lunch! oops!!

hia the wedding plans are going slowly. Prob wont be hapening untill 2012. But it will be worth the waiting.

Tony ferguson is sort of like slim fast but its got savoury stuff too. I get to have soups for lunch on it. Similar to celebrity slim i think. You get it at boots. I ordered it online and have it to start tommorow. Get soups, shakes, munch bars (which i tried but didnt like them). The soups were ok. My only concern is that they are almost foamy as oposed to being like a thin or thick soup, and have an earthy after taste but its tolerable, and i get loads of fruit and veg with it and its ok really. I have only had one to taste too so others will taste different too.

Only got a week to try - if i really struggle then i will just have to forget it and go for other things instead. But everythings worth a try at the moment!

Oh and you have a protein based meal in the evenings.

well good luck with it. Im sure you will do fine and all the best with the wedding plans.
I am as of today being super good as thats it! holidays over! i have tesco/ slim fast shakes, fruit and salads awaiting me. I do also have weightwatchers tomato soup should i want something hot as they are really nice. Got to shift the 2 lbs I put on whilst away by weigh in on monday. Might be a bit hard if make the mistake of pizza hut again! heres hoping

Back