New start

Cauli mash is lovely isn't it? I prefer it now :)

And do try cauli rice too, makes a bit of a mess when preparing it but search cauli rice on youtube and you'll find a much simpler prep recipe using a blender :D

Morning all - had problems with my Internet connection so haven't been on for a couple of days - all sorted now!! Well weigh in today and lost 8lbs Yey!!! That's 15 pound in 2 weeks.. my clothes are starting to get loose which is a great motivator.
Mostly been eating salads or veg with meat. This is by far the best diet ever..
My new fav breakfast is bacon with metled cheese some shredded lettuce tomato and mayo yum.. speak soon x

Well done hun thats bloody brill!!! xx

Back again

Hi everyone.
Sadly I fell of the cart and put everything I lost back on. :mad:
This is my second day back on Atkins and I'm determined.
I've gained more weight than I did when I stared in January so back up at 19 stone. I have a holiday in Malaga in march next year so have that as a motivator.
So wish me luck and i know you are all here for support :thumbup:
Xx

Welcome back and hi, I'm new here.

dont feel too down about yourself, I've been reading a lot of books by Gary taubes and it is clear that the body will do anything to jeopardise our weight loss efforts to hold on to and store fat. Plus if you are insulin resistant it can be much harder for us to stay clean. Sounds like you have a good motivator (Malaga) I'd love a holiday but rarely get a break so you are very lucky t have something to look forward to :) envious.

everyone is very supportive on here that's true :) good luck!

Hi Goldilukes
yes I couldn't agree more this site is amazing for help and support.
When you do so well then all of a sudden you loose yourself. That's what happened.
I'm back in the Atkins frame of mind and all set to succeed :D
How are you getting on? You finding it ok? This is my 3rd day of induction and doing good. Had an Atkins headache yesterday but it's cleared now thank goodness
Xxxx

Hi Goldilukes
yes I couldn't agree more this site is amazing for help and support.
When you do so well then all of a sudden you loose yourself. That's what happened.
I'm back in the Atkins frame of mind and all set to succeed :D
How are you getting on? You finding it ok? This is my 3rd day of induction and doing good. Had an Atkins headache yesterday but it's cleared now thank goodness
Xxxx

Getting lost is so easy, I feel within the grip of it so many times and on this diet I find it hard to nip it in the bud fast.
I started out so well but then just this past week got lazy in cooking because of stress at home and have just ate a whole cows worth of Stilton and cranberry cheese :( not good.......I need to get my protein/fat/carb ratio back to good standing as even though I've not piled on too many pounds I feel I may have opened the cravings door that I'd managed to shut :( so I'm suffering with headaches and feeling generally in a slump. I don't want to let go.......I can not.

sorry t hear you have the dreaded headache :( I hate them, they visit me frequent although saying that after my first week on this diet they disappeared, now they are back so I need to behave because something is not agreeing with me.

the more I read about self sabotage and how the body will come up with all sorts just to make you eat that naughty stuff and get fat again makes me so scared.....I do believe it all and it makes sense. Many diets fail because of this and so because I know about this now I am determined not to let my body get its own way.....although saying that I'd got to 10.4 and a few ounces which was my mini goal and I blew it the same day with a huge platter of late night cheeses...did I do that or was it the body???? Hmmmm

It's so easy to self indulge and eat a 'cow of cheese' I've done it so many times before.

My weakness is my 4 year old - mummy would you like a sweetie as she eats a bag of haribo. I just explain to her that mums on a special diet and isn't allowed sweeties and this seems to have worked.

The hard part is just saying oh this one time won't help when really that small bite puts you straight out of ketosis and your right back to square one.

When I've had a bad day or feel like I'm going to fail I've decided that I'm going to come on here and say how I'm feeling for support instead of reaching for the cookie jar and eating my weight in cookies.

We can do this. Positive thinking and team work will get us all thru the difficult times of the Atkins diet.

:thumbup::D

k xx

The hard part is just saying oh this one time won't help when really that small bite puts you straight out of ketosis and your right back to square one. :thumbup::D

That's one of the major keys to success, recognising that just one will hurt - it must be difficult with a little one offering food up, bless her, but I know you can do it :)

Where are you Kd? hope you are well? Are you needing support right now or just busy enjoying life?
You've done well to come back a second time, don't give up you can do it!

Hey I'm here :) 2 weeks in and only 4 pound lost. A bit gutted. Think I need to 're read Atkins books. Obviously doing something wrong. Fingers crossed better loss next week xxx

That's still 4lbs, which is what I've been lucky to lose in two month so don't beat yourself up. Re-reading the book does now harm and may even inspire you. I've enjoyed it and started reading well after starting Atkins so it's good to go over basics and understand how it's done properly to get the best results.

Hi everyone. I'm back again :) tried slim and save last year for a couple of months and it was too restricted. Back to the best diet in the world Atkins.....
Started on the 3rd of January and have lost 16lbs. My only problem now I'm eating only 2 meals a day as I'm not hungry and the scales are moving up instead of down.... Anyhow I thought to myself who can help as I'm totally scunnered and I remembered my good friend minimins. Please anyone lol what am I doing wrong lol. Speak soon folks. K xx

Heyy welcome back! 16lbs is insane so well done! You could try splitting your 2 meals into 4 smaller ones - you know what they say, little and often, higher metabolism. Also being strict with the water? One of my friends did a similar diet to atkins and stopped losing weight for a couple of weeks: eventually she realized it was the water and was super good for a week and got double weight loss that week. Also (i know its gross) you could try exercise? I kinda feel with exercise on atkins that because my body is a fat burning machine now it works better - also its good for life long habits once you hit the maintenance stage and after the first 4 or 5 days you don't mind it so much and you sleep better, feel better etc. all good stuff. Otherwise it may just be that you had the mega weight loss since the 6th and your body needs a week to just consolidate - i know thats not very scientific but I've found it to be true: sometimes (on previous diets) i can be good, feel slimmer but lose no weight because I had some huge weight loss the week before. Anywayy March is the Malaga holiday (from what i have read) so plenty of time to chip away! Good luck! Keep us posted xx

Back