New Start

Wallywithabrolly

I am on a mission, I moved to the US a few years ago and a combination of US food, a medical condition and lots of nasty drugs have meant that I have slowly gained all the weight back that I lost a few years ago. It was hard the first time to lose the 100lbs and it is going to be harder this time - but at least I have some motivation to spur me on. I am coming back to the UK in September for a very important family event and I want to be able to fit in the airplane seat - that is all. I do have other motivations, like being healthy, fitting into lovely clothes and looking good - but for me, the airplane seat means freedom and fitting in it means I am no longer constrained. So here I go. I used to use S&S with great success when I was in the UK, now I use a similar program in the US called Wonderslim - there are some subtle differences but not many. So this week, which was week 1, I lost 5 pounds. I have to say I am slightly disappointed, but not giving up! So here I go with week two, I am going to try and record my eats and drinks here to keep me in check and also my weight loss......so here is to a wonderful week 2!

Hi - I'm new to this site and just wanted to get some support with my journey. Have binged all day today as I knew I'd start tomorrow :( - usual pattern for me - binge -diet - binge -diet. Am starting LLL in the hope that this more structured diet will control my habits more. Dread getting on the scales tomorrow am - but will feel good to start the weight loss process again.

Onwards: The most difficult step to take is the first one, once you have done that it gets easier from there. Just think about it as one day at a time, if you can manage one day, then you can manage two days, then you can manage a week and before you now it you are at your desired weight!

Yesterday was a good day. 4.5l of water and stuck to the WS plan even though I spent the evening out - I try and tell myself that I have tasted all of those good lovely foods before and I don't need to taste them again!
Breakfast: Apple and Cinnamon Porridge
Mid Morning Snack: Vanilla Shake
Lunch: Sloppy Joe
Mid Afternoon Snack: Double Chocolate cake (that was actually incredible)
Dinner: Skipped because I was out :(
After dinner snack: Pretzels

What I like about Wonderslim is that some of the food is just like what I would buy in the store, so it is nice to feel like I am normal sometimes and not on a diet.

What I am looking forward to today is a day off from work and chilling with my family........and maybe some more chocolate cake :)

Thanks Wally - that's really good advice to think about it as "one day at a time" - otherwise it can appear overwhelming at times. I'm on betablockers for migraines and my weight loss can therefore be quite slow at times. I need to celebrate every little pound I lose. The past couple of days haven't been too bad as I feel motivated and know I need to get this weight off for health reasons as much as anything else. Well done on the weight loss so far. 5lbs is a great amount to lose in one week - that's a whole 5lb less than you were last week and hopefully we have both got our eating under some sort of control too - so we're not putting on any more weight. Baby steps ..................

Back