New Starter in need of advice :(

skkendall

Hi Everyone.

I only started slimming world yesterday so was wondering if I could get tips on my first days food diary.

I'm a very picky eater and like all my food plain.

Monday:

Breakfast: chocolate and caramel light hi-fi bar (1/2 hex b)

Lunch: low fat, chicken and herb supernoodles followed by some grapes

Dinner: chicken with a weight watchers wrap (5 syns), sw roast potatoes, broccoli followed by a fat free muller light yoghurt and 3 sponge fingers (1 syn each)

Snacks: Pomegranate seeds and chocolate and caramel hi-fi light bar (1/2 hex b).

I also did a hour long Les Mills Bodypump class.

However I don't like milk or cheese so won't be having my healthy extra a... Is this a problem?

Please let me know your thoughts :)

Me again :)

Breakfast: melon

Lunch: wholemeal roll (hexb), 2 tsp of low fat spread (2syns), chicken, salt and vinegar ryvita crisps (5syns), grapes

Dinner: Iceland chicken in gravy (1/2syn), smash, broccoli, sugar free jelly.

Snacks: Mugshot

Total syns for the day 7 1/2 (if I resist temptation to snack later hehe)

Any help or advice please? Just so I know I'm on the right track to weight loss

Thank you

Think you may have fallen into the same trap as me in the lack of super free! Are you doing extra easy? If so, 1/3 of every meal should be superfree. So for example on day 1 breakfast you should have thrown in some fruit or veg (fruit for breakfast I always do!) to balance it up. You can still have the bar but have a piece of fruit too. Same with lunch - were those grapes the equivalent of 1/3 of your meal or was there lots of veg in the noodles?

HeA is hard of you're not a dairy fan but you do need calcium in your diet. I love dairy so not much help I'm afraid but worth posting and seeing what others can suggest?

Hope that helps? Feel free to shout again! X

Ah ok thank you so much!

I'll get eating more super free foods, starting with a big fruit salad for breakfast :)

I like milk on cereal so I'll have to start eating cereal or porridge (but there both quite high in syns if not used as healthy extra) x

Exactly! I normally have mine as a side so fruit before cereal and then a bowl of veg before dinner. Doesn't matter how you do it I don't think - just need to bulk up the meal with superfree.

Know what you mean about cereal in syns but have a look at all the free/super free foods. There's a lot of starchy things like sweet pots (which I adore!) and pasta which don't use up your HeB. Personally i see bars as a waste of HeB as id rather have bread but its up to own tastes! X

Ooh yeah good idea!

I discovered today that frozen chicken in gravy from iceland is only 1/2 syn and only costs £1 so that with veg is a quick easy meal.

I'm also a fan of those sponge bars for a quick sweet fix at 1 syn each x

Today's food diary

Wednesday:

Breakfast: melon, grapes

Lunch: Home made broccoli soup (made with all superspeed veg and chicken stock), wholemeal bread roll (hexB)

Dinner: chicken, half a pouch of uncle bens long grain rice rice (1syn), 1/2 pack of fajita seasoning (2syns), ww tortilla wrap (5syns) Followed by melon and grapes

Snacks: pomegranate seeds

Thoughts anyone? xx

I think your day looks good as long as you were full - if you were hungry at any point there's plenty of room to snack as you have essentially eaten all fruit and veg (except the bread roll) until dinner! I probably would have gotten really hungry (but soup never fills me up for that long unless it has potatoes or meat or chickpeas in it!) Do you have your A choice?

Good luck on your SW journey, you'll love it. People always ask me how I manage to eat SO MUCH and still loose weight, it's defo the best diet and your diary looks good

The soup was yummy, all i did was boiled a load of broccoli, half and onion and 1 large potato in a pan with water and a knorr liquid stock jelly cube and then blitzed it with a food processor and added salt and pepper :)

I don't like milk or cheese so am not really getting my heathy extra a's eek! But gonna speak to my sw consultant in class on Monday and ask her advice.

Thanks for all your help!

I swam 30 lengths today too.

Fingers crossed for Mondays weigh in :) x

Thursday:

Breakfast: Melon, grape, pomegranate seeds

Lunch: broccoli soup, wholemeal roll (healthy extra b)

Dinner: nandos chicken (1 syn) uncle ben's plain rice (1syn) green beans

Snacks: ww wrap (5 syns), yoghurt, lite hi-fi bar (3 syns)

Back