NEW STARTER - JUST ORDERED IT!!

Thanks for the encouragement, Clardie. I'm just drinking the strawberry shake. Am allergic to real strawberries but if the Thai chicken flavored soup is suitable for vegeterians I have no doubt the shake's never been near a strawberry. :D
The shake leaves an awful taste in my mouth, I think I need a follow-up hot drink. Bllllarrgh. Must be those minerals.

Decided to have my 'meals' neat when I try them first, just to get an idea of how nice or awful they are when prepared as per instructions.

Haha....nah, I doubt you'll find any real fruit pieces in your shakes. The minerals gave me the heave-ho for the first few days.....obviously my tum is just not used to nutrients!

Hope you get a decent kip soon x

Hey, Clardie and Stevieo,

working from home today so got the luxury of dipping in and out of minimins. :)
It's just an artificial taste, but I guess I've gotta get used to it.

Stevieo - I have read lots of discussions about tickers on this site and most people complain about tickerfactory.com's unreliability and how they need to reset the tickers every week. So I just went with another website, wasn't after anything fancy and the one I've got is not exactly my all-time favorite but it'll do the job - I hope.

Wondering if I should do some exercise today. don't want to go to the gym so it's either my pilates DVD or starting the 30 Day Shred but I think the latter might kill me. What are you guys doing about exercise?

Afternoon to Team Gloriousness!! lol

Day 2 for me....woke up with a bit of a headache this morning. Had porridge for brekkie & a choc shake for lunch. I can get the porridge quite nice & thick & creamy & the shake is fine as I use a hand blender & that also ends up nice & frothy/creamy. I've not tried a soup yet but the pasta carbonara last nite was a bit lame TBH

Ventured into Greggs mid morning almost as a test of my nerve....for a black coffee!!! Literally had to pinch my nose to avoid the smell of the pasties but made it our alive! lol. Also bought some coke zero & fizzy water today to provide some variety to the drinks side of things...pop some ice in & maybe pretend there's a vodka in there!

Keep up the good work girls!...it's been quite sunny here today & all I could think of was how I might look come May/June when I'll (hopfully) not have to still be wearing my big coat as a cover up!! xx

Team Gloriousness....love it!:girlpower:

You're brave! My heightened sense of smell this week has been a nightmare!! Cooking smells have been torture.....and my husband and cat smell funny, so no change there haha

Won't be long 'til we're all enjoying the summer...looking good....with a real vod or two!

Well done, lassies! x

Yes, go girls!

Question though - what's 'vod'? What am I missing here?

Stevieo - I have read lots of discussions about tickers on this site and most people complain about tickerfactory.com's unreliability and how they need to reset the tickers every week. So I just went with another website, wasn't after anything fancy and the one I've got is not exactly my all-time favorite but it'll do the job - I hope.

Wondering if I should do some exercise today. don't want to go to the gym so it's either my pilates DVD or starting the 30 Day Shred but I think the latter might kill me. What are you guys doing about exercise?

Coming atcha from the home office too :) I'm giving Curves a miss for 2 weeks and then I'll ease in again to it gently. 20 mins of walking per day is what Exante recommends. I didn't do much the last time....just the odd treadmill session and a walk at lunchtime. If you're 100% TS, you really don't need to up the exercise too much TBH x

Vodka - gotcha. :) More of a whisky drinker...

Oh, and I like your comment about 'up' the exercise - I am starting at zero, got nothing to up from... :sigh:

Team Gloriousness....love it!:girlpower:

You're brave! My heightened sense of smell this week has been a nightmare!! Cooking smells have been torture.....and my husband and cat smell funny, so no change there haha

Won't be long 'til we're all enjoying the summer...looking good....with a real vod or two!

Well done, lassies! x

Luckily everyone in my house, ..hubby & cat...are living off sachets at the min.....In fact Torres's tuna chunks in gravy looked quite appetising this morning!! x

Ta for info on the ticker thing.

exercise wise...I'm definitely not gonna do anything until earlier nxt week & will probably start with using my kettlebells (once I've chiselled off the 3 inches of dust). Think once I start getting into that swing I'll be more inclined to go back to the gym!! x

I have just been on youtube and found a low impact cardio workout for beginners. I shall give those 30 minutes of sweat a go.

Stevieo - I know exactly what you mean about the dust, I'm doing a bit of DIY on the house at the moment and nothing is in its usual place, I can't even find my weights, and I bet they're also full of dust. -- Oh, and I'm glad I don't have a cat, if even cat food smells tempting...

BTW - has anyone tried the fruit flavors for water? I've just opened the peach one. The use by date is 2020!! Makes you wonder what chemicals they put in that stuff...you can probably build a bomb with it.

I have just been on youtube and found a low impact cardio workout for beginners. I shall give those 30 minutes of sweat a go.

Stevieo - I know exactly what you mean about the dust, I'm doing a bit of DIY on the house at the moment and nothing is in its usual place, I can't even find my weights, and I bet they're also full of dust. -- Oh, and I'm glad I don't have a cat, if even cat food smells tempting...

BTW - has anyone tried the fruit flavors for water? I've just opened the peach one. The use by date is 2020!! Makes you wonder what chemicals they put in that stuff...you can probably build a bomb with it.

Morning,

Trickshot, I bought the multi-pack flavourings. I find the peach one minging, but the orange and blackcurrant are quite nice. They contain inulin, so will help with fibre / the loo. I sprinkle a wee psyllium husk into my morning shake to help in that dept too. Sorry, it's probably a bit early in the morning for lavvy chat!

2020 end by date?? Eeek. Mine are 2013/14.

steveio, I almost wrestled my mog for his chicken breast last night. He won ha! x

Happy Friday, folks! :happy036:

Chicken breast for dinner?????? My little Torres is currently packing her bags & asking for directions to Fife!!! lol

Guess what my fellow Team Gloriousness gals ..... I stood on the scales this morning (post wee & pre black coffee) &.....was 5lb down!!!! ...after first 2 full days. It may be mostly water & wind but....it's still a reduction so WOWSERS already! I had to step on them just to see if there had been any change at all after eating the equivalent of a small childs dinner for the last 2 days & it's given me the confidence to carry on

A double Happy Friday from me too gals x

Chicken breast for dinner?????? My little Torres is currently packing her bags & asking for directions to Fife!!! lol

Guess what my fellow Team Gloriousness gals ..... I stood on the scales this morning (post wee & pre black coffee) &.....was 5lb down!!!! ...after first 2 full days. It may be mostly water & wind but....it's still a reduction so WOWSERS already! I had to step on them just to see if there had been any change at all after eating the equivalent of a small childs dinner for the last 2 days & it's given me the confidence to carry on

A double Happy Friday from me too gals x

Hehe...my furball has turned into a fussy little pain in the butt. He's normally on the sachets, but he's been refusing them of late! I had a dream about a tuna sandwich last night....I blame you and your chat about T's sachets haha Eating in my sleep may be the way forward.

Wowsers! You are GLORIOUS! That's incredible....see, it is worth it!!! Aw, please keep on with it....I promise it does get better. Just think what they scales will tell us in a month!! xx

Was a wee bit fed up this afternoon, so I brought weigh-in forward by a day. 9lbs off in 7 days.....that'll do for me!!!! Right, that's me definitely in the zone now....next target is 1 stone!

Hope everyone's doing well....and have a fab weekend! x

Was a wee bit fed up this afternoon, so I brought weigh-in forward by a day. 9lbs off in 7 days.....that'll do for me!!!! Right, that's me definitely in the zone now....next target is 1 stone!

Hope everyone's doing well....and have a fab weekend! x

OMG!!!!! That's totes amaze balls as us Essex girls like to say....& still one day to go officially so you'll easily do a stone by next Saturday:clap: xx

Hello, Team Gloriousness!

It's been a busy day but at least this means I didn't have too much time to think about food - or not being able to have proper food. Tried the blackcurrant flavored water today, with hot water, and it's actually really nice. :) Compared the best by date with the peach flavor mix and I think there was a printing error on the peach as the blackcurrant does not say 2020. ;)
Does anyone know how much of that flavored stuff we can have? I had 2 drinks todya and 1 yesterday - but wouldn't mind drinking it more frequently. :)

Clardie: Wow!!! I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but - well done, 9lbs! Decided if you can do it so can I. ;) It's day 2 for me and my stomach's been complaining all day. Wonder if it'll be me dreaming of food tonight... I really miss my soy or almond milk in coffee. Will try a vanilla shake tomorrow and will add a little bit of it to my coffee.

Can't compete with your cat stories, got none. I could offer spider and other critter stories though - they live with me, rent-free.

Y'all have a good night and a great weekend! Just think of the amount of time you save by not cooking, doing loads of dishes and shopping at the store. :)

Hello, Team Gloriousness!

It's been a busy day but at least this means I didn't have too much time to think about food - or not being able to have proper food. Tried the blackcurrant flavored water today, with hot water, and it's actually really nice. :) Compared the best by date with the peach flavor mix and I think there was a printing error on the peach as the blackcurrant does not say 2020. ;)
Does anyone know how much of that flavored stuff we can have? I had 2 drinks todya and 1 yesterday - but wouldn't mind drinking it more frequently. :)

Clardie: Wow!!! I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but - well done, 9lbs! Decided if you can do it so can I. ;) It's day 2 for me and my stomach's been complaining all day. Wonder if it'll be me dreaming of food tonight... I really miss my soy or almond milk in coffee. Will try a vanilla shake tomorrow and will add a little bit of it to my coffee.

Can't compete with your cat stories, got none. I could offer spider and other critter stories though - they live with me, rent-free.

Y'all have a good night and a great weekend! Just think of the amount of time you save by not cooking, doing loads of dishes and shopping at the store. :)

Thanks TeamG!! It certainly makes yuk week 1 worth it. It's amazing how the loss has affected my BMI already. Can't wait to be healthy.

Trickshot, you will do it no bother at all :) Yeah, keeping busy really helps! Really looking forward to hearing about your 1st weigh-in....exciting! Phew, I'm glad the sell by date was an error. I use the flavourings as and when I want to. It doesn't mix so well with sparkling water, but I tried pouring it into a jug and whisking...et voila! I've been having a glug of skimmed milk in my coffee once a day too. The vanilla shake is nice with a spoonful of coffee in it.

I'm near a wood, so crawling with spiders. The moggy deals with them ;)

I'm loving not having to shop so much and cook. Hubby likes to cook though....and he loves garlic. I've had to hide upstairs a few times just to escape the wonderful reek. He had a couple of beers last night...and I had a couple of Dr P Zeros. I coped!

How's everyone coping with getting all the liquids down? Question: what're you looking forward to the most when the weight seriously starts to shift??

Happy weekend, folks! :D xx

Good morning, all. :)

Off the the store in a minute - to get some water, breathstrips and nettle tea (just ran out). As I'm off work next week I will also hit some hardware stores to get paint etc., I'll be having a week of sanding and painting so hope I'll have the energy.

To answer your question Clardie - I'm looking forward to fitting into my old clothes again and to not being uncomfortable without a coat to cover my backside... ;) When I've shifted a few lbs I will also hit the swimming pool again, at the moment I don't feel comfortable enough to do this. - What are looking forward to??

Good morning, all. :)

Off the the store in a minute - to get some water, breathstrips and nettle tea (just ran out). As I'm off work next week I will also hit some hardware stores to get paint etc., I'll be having a week of sanding and painting so hope I'll have the energy.

To answer your question Clardie - I'm looking forward to fitting into my old clothes again and to not being uncomfortable without a coat to cover my backside... ;) When I've shifted a few lbs I will also hit the swimming pool again, at the moment I don't feel comfortable enough to do this. - What are looking forward to??

Morning, Trickshot :)

Hope you got all your supplies yesterday. Sounds like a busy week ahead! I was meant to paint my bedroom this weekend, but I didn't have the energy. Definitely soon though! Is nettle tea nice?

Me too. I would just love to wake up and put something on without first having to figure out how to cover-up. I'd like to get rid of my back pain and improve my health + get my confidence back + go on holiday without dreading it + feel 'normal' (whatever that is ha!).

Are you still doing ok on the plan? xx

Back