New starter!!!

I think it just works better for me to be "in the zone" as i don't stress so much over nights out and stuff then. I know there's flexi synning but it just doesn't sit right with me if you know what i mean. So i shall enjoy tonight's indian worry free :D x

I'll see how I go doing it the conventional way before I think about tweaks!!

I've got a night out on sat which is gonna be hard cause I do love a drink!!! Any idea on how to cope??? I can't drink spirits, I normally drink lager but I'm thinking of trying wine and soda spritzers but I'm not sure!!

becki22 said:
I'll see how I go doing it the conventional way before I think about tweaks!!

I've got a night out on sat which is gonna be hard cause I do love a drink!!! Any idea on how to cope??? I can't drink spirits, I normally drink lager but I'm thinking of trying wine and soda spritzers but I'm not sure!!

Vodka is the best option. Lager is terribly high. Wine is about 5 syns for a soda spritzer. Maybe alternate it with water or diet coke too? X

Vodka makes me a bit aggressive so I can't drink that, in fact all spirits do!! I see how high lager is and that is why I thought of a spritzer!!! Def gonna alternate with diet coke, we are going out at 3 (watching the rugby, six nations) and god knows how many pints I'd normally put away in that time!!! Quite scary really!!

If it helps at all a 50ml measure of extra dry martini is just 2.5syns. Mixed with soda and a wedge of lemon or lime to squeeze in you add no extra syns and end up with a spritzer type drink :) only about £2.50 a drink too in the pub so nice and cheap!

:grouphugg:Hi Becki and welcome to this wonderful forum. I am so sorry to hear of your experience at your group. Sounds totally unprofessional and the helper should not have said that as well!!! I am also a helper, I sit on the pay desk and deal with the pc. Although the social team arent paid, I would like to think that we are the first people that members see and as such should give off friendly and professional vibes! This I think is essential and attitude and language like that isnt on! My consultant would soon get rid of me if I was like that, and she is very good too. Makes me cross that so many people have bad experiences in group, all the consultants should be uniform in their knowledge and handling of people. Hmmm got that off my chest sorry! As regards the plan everything will soon slip into place and you will be away, and so will the weight. It isnt a diet, its a healthy eating sustainable plan for life! I have been doing S W for over 12 months now and got to target 8 months ago, and still do S W. Think I always will now, love the food and group. Good luck, sure you wont need it though. Any probs or advice or support you need, or just a general moan just bob on here. There is always someone here to help.:)

Thank you very much :) I know what you mean and I know not to take what she said as how everyone ends up feeling!!! I've had a fab day and have been feeling great about the plan all day, I've just had a scrummy spag Bol packed to the brim with veg and am now quite full but it's great knowing I've got a banana and yoghurt dessert waiting for me shall I want it!!! The great thing with syns is there is no pressure to eat the full lot, with ww you are told to eat all points for maximum effect soif I had points left over I'd have a choc bar which then led to me not eating properly so I could have the choc bar which in turn led to me eating all points and still having choc bar because I was in the routine of it!!!

Not this time though, I'm gonna conquer it this time I hope!!! :)

Hi hun, glad you like the diet so far. I started last month and i really love it!

I have been losing really well and not feeling like I have been deprived at all :D

That is really strange for a helper to act like that :( Totally ignore them, as obviously they have no idea what they are going on about!

Hope you get on well with slimming world, and we are all here for you!

Well still feeling nice and positive at the start of day 2 :) just had yoghurt and bran flakes with chopped up banana and a plum on the side for brekkie, yummmyyyyy!!!!

Thanks again everyone, hope you all have a good day :)

Sounds like you're off to a great start!

One of my favourite breakfasts includes yoghurt with banana too...in fact I can hear it calling now!

Have a great day :)

I always start the day off with porridge and a banana. I have the banana chopped up in a bowl first (well to be honest sounds greedy, but I sometimes have 2)! Cant have too much superfree though. It keeps me going till lunchtime. Glad youre enjoying this fab plan Becki, each to his own, but I know S W is the way forward for so many people dont like the idea of having to have a choc bar if I really am full and dont want it. Think that doesnt send a good message for healthy eating really, but as you know on S W you can have it or leave it, just make sure you have your syns for the week. I prefer to countdown the week starting with 70 syns. Sounds as if yr doing fab, well done !

Thank you very much, I Agree it def sends out mixed messages, some might say u can use your spare points on other stuff but it is much easier to eat a choc bar (or something like that) than a heap of toast or something!!!

I'm feeling really great still and I'm having a jacket potatoe with light laughing cow (hexa) and beans for lunch, followed by a banana and some pineapple!!!!

Tea is a bit more tricky though as I don't get in til late but I'll work something out I'm sure!!! Hmmmm maybe smoked haddock and some veg, nice and easy :)

That's what i'm thinking - either haddock and veg or corned beef hash depending on how much effort i have when i get home lol x

Hi there... good luck... i am a newbie here too.... I have about 7 stones to lose and it will be a long journey but hey how.... small steps allow you to climb big mountains not matter how long it takes...x

Mmmm corned beef hash yummy, my son has rugby training tonight so don't get in till 8 and after a long day at work and then an hour and a half in the cold I don't have much effort to cook much haha!!!

I love your saying about small steps climb big mountains, im gonna nick that for my fb status haha!!!

My lunch was Devine but I have a small concern, it wasn't a huge potato but with 3 laughing cows (had 2 before lunch) and half a tin of beans I was quite stuffed, I am now eating my fruit (1/3 of size) and although I am enjoying it I am really stuffed but I know I can't leave it out!!! Do you think I should of eaten fruit first with the possibility of leaving some potato and beans??? I may be being silly but it feels so wrong being so full on a diet (this may have to be something I get used too) like I said the potato was only small, about the size of my hand!!!

becki22 said:
Mmmm corned beef hash yummy, my son has rugby training tonight so don't get in till 8 and after a long day at work and then an hour and a half in the cold I don't have much effort to cook much haha!!!

I love your saying about small steps climb big mountains, im gonna nick that for my fb status haha!!!

My lunch was Devine but I have a small concern, it wasn't a huge potato but with 3 laughing cows (had 2 before lunch) and half a tin of beans I was quite stuffed, I am now eating my fruit (1/3 of size) and although I am enjoying it I am really stuffed but I know I can't leave it out!!! Do you think I should of eaten fruit first with the possibility of leaving some potato and beans??? I may be being silly but it feels so wrong being so full on a diet (this may have to be something I get used too) like I said the potato was only small, about the size of my hand!!!

Re super free! Yes, the idea is to eat it first or along side, so to reduce the amount of free foods you eat :)

Back