new starter

sarahaglover

Hi all. Well I'm Sarah & I'm 26. I had my 2nd child in Sept 2010 n afterwards was the heaviest I've ever been. I have pcos so have struggled with my weight for my whole life. In Nov 2010 I weighed in at 16st 8lbs which was big esp considering I'm only 5ft 1. I did slim fast n lost some but soon put it back on so in Feb 2011 I joined sw online. I was managing to lose weight (although not as fast as others seemed to manage) & by Oct 2011 I was down to 12st 5lb but have struggled from there. No matter how good I am I struggle to shift more than 1lb n one day off plan (even a bit) n I'd gain. This has alwAys happened in the past n normally I'd give up but at about 3st overweight still I went docs & am now on orlistat. I started on tues n am hoping that it will give me the little extra boost I need. Love to hear your stories esp re taking orlistat n following sw or if there would be a better plan 4 me to follow alongside the tabs. Also what r everyone's average losses?
Thanks in advance
Sarah x x x

Hi & welcome! Congrats on your brilliant loss up to now. I calorie count & eat low fat (within the 5g rule although I've been off xen for 4 weeks now) & found that works for me. Toofatkat & MizKirsty both follow SW & it works for them. I think each person is different. Whatever you decide I wish you the best of luck with your journey x

Hi Sarah, Welcome to the forum.
I am taking a similar product as yourself but am curious as to when you managed to get your Orlistat as there has been a very great shortage and in actual fact they have not been distributed to lots of chemists for some time now.

Anyway..I do hope you will be able to keep to losing the weight. I too, started at 16st 2lb and am only 5' as well.

All the very best to you...:)

Hi Sarah;) I also had my second child in sept 2010 and done really well on orlistat after that but put it all back on:( I was back on orlistat from jan until the shortage happened and I was going to ww to get weighed as I need the fear of scales or I won't do it! I've been doing ww as much as I can and following the 5g rule, I've found it works well I've now lost 39 and a half lbs and loving it and I've managed to lose well the last 3 weigh ins and not have any orlistat due to shortage. Well done on you loss so far and I really hope this works for you xxx

I got my tabs on Tuesday morning. Boots had just had a delivery that morning so maybe shortage is over x

I take Xenical together with low fat calorie counting. Using myfitnesspal.com really helps too. The tablets keep me on the straight and narrow and if you follow the 5g rule you should be fine. Good luck xxx

Wow I downloaded my fitness pal onto my phone! I love it! Thanks 4 the tip. Also loving the tracker you all have. How do u get them plz x

sarahaglover said:
Wow I downloaded my fitness pal onto my phone! I love it! Thanks 4 the tip. Also loving the tracker you all have. How do u get them plz x

I can't believe I didn't mention mfp it's normally the first thing I do lol. Feel free to add me as a friend (lexie2005) then you can view my food diary for ideas x

Do you mean our tickers? If you click on one of them it will take you to the site to design your own & then you just update it every time you weigh in xx

Thanks. I'm Sarahaglover if anyone wants to add me x

I'm going to add you both if that's ok.

Good luck Sarah - nothing more to add that everyone else has said. I've been on the tabs for almost two weeks now and am just cal counting using MFP (was doing WW too but too much to take in!)

I'm las85 on MFP btw xx

Welcome! And well done on getting some xen!

I'm sure itll give you the boost you need:)

I'm mizkirsty on mfp too - original I know lol. X

Back