New Starters. Roll on up!!

Hello - I am starting induction tomorrow! Well I did start on Monday before I read the book and I ate a few nuts (thought they would be allowed) so I am officially starting tomorrow. Quick question - what do you put in coffee, Im thinking cream will go off very quickly compared to milk??

Cream sounds yummy in coffee, but surely milk is better for you - or am I totally missing the point. I use 0% fat milk...does that tend to have alot of carbs?

Thanks

Cream sounds yummy in coffee, but surely milk is better for you - or am I totally missing the point. I use 0% fat milk...does that tend to have alot of carbs?

Thanks

I thought this too but its something to do with needing to eat enough fat so you body doesn't burn lean tissue. I love soy milk anyway so might go with that - soy lattes are yum!!

well I am half way through day one and so far so good, no major cravings! bit of a caffeine detox headache, but otherwise all good. Ive had - 2 eggs for brekkie, some turkey and cheese far a snack, im having chicken salad for lunch and mackerels for dinner with broccoli

I tend to have double cream in my morning (and sometimes evening) coffee. I count a cup of coffee with cream as 0.5g carbs n if i use full fat milk instead of cream (if out at mums or something) i'll count it as 1g carbs instead. Semi/skimmed milk is even higher in carbs like Laura said. The general rule is the lower fat something is, the higher carb it is.

Ive finished 2 and 1/2 days and so far so good. Im having milk in my coffee and counting it - I couldnt handle the cream - yuck! But other than that im sticking to it and im finding it easy. My DH is not very supportive but I dont care Im doing this for me, he just doesnt understand dieting 'why cant you eat an apple - I grew it' - I dont care this is more important right now!!

I do have a wedding tomorrow which will be a real test but Im feeling confident and determined, I will have a couple of glasses of wine I think but no other slips.

Good for you love, try your best to stick to it love.

hi everyone found the newbie thread,im really enjoying the food on the atkins at the moment,not sure if i might get a little fed up of eggs though,i seem to be eating quite alot of them especially for breakfast,but i am really pleased with the results so far,and i havent felt hungry once, did have a thick head for the first couple of days, but thats gone now and a feel fine. just interested to know if anyone else doing the atkins plan has pcos, as i was advised by a consultant at the hospital to try a low carb diet as it can help

I've heard the same Jo, seems to be good for diabetics as well.

Back