New starting tomorrow and hoping to succeed.

mandy10

I am starting this life changing challenge tomorrow. I hope to lose as much weight as possible by November 2014 for my sisters wedding.

I am a emotional eater and have no or very little will power. I do no excerise apart from the usual housework, spend most of my evenings on the couch watching television.

Had a very bad year last year with 3 bereavements and some health problems.

When i am at work eat quite healthy but my downfall is when I am alone at evening time and some weekends when I can eat and eat and never feel full.

I would be gratelful for anyones support.

I must lose some pounds please help with any suggestions.

Mandy

Hi Mandy
I'm with you on the emotional eating and lack of exercise ! My sofa n I are two peas in a pod. I too am great during the day eating but have no control in the evenings when it comes to chocolate and junk. I'm tired now physically and emotionally of my weight and really need to get myself on track !
Best of luck with everything ; would love to help with motivation and vice versa when needed !

Hi Mandy,
I think most of us in this section of the forum with a bit more to lose are at least somewhat emotional eaters. Like you I have mental and physical health problems. My advice is to start slowly and when you find yourself reaching for something try and do something else or have a drink, post on here whatever! After a meal remember it takes about 20 minutes for you to feel it. Try chewing gum or brushing your teeth (food wont taste as nice if you have just brushed your teeth).

Now as far as exercise goes I do exercise but recently due to my physical health I have not been able to. They say when it comes to losing weight its 80% diet and 20% exercise. So right now I would not worry to much about that, I would work on the eating issues first and then worry about exercise. You can lose weight with little to no exercise anyway.

I notice we are the same height and I weighed exactly what you did when I started. Another tip and I often say this on here is not to think of the overall goal at the beginning but mini goals so can you feel you have achieved something more often. So I recall my first was getting under 22 stone, another was getting my BMI under 40 etc. Maybe a small treat when you hit these mini goals but not food related so you can relate non food items to reward.

What sort of diet are you doing? I have found this place a real help and strength to share my weight loss with others know what it is like when you have a bit more to lose. So good luck hope to see you around here :)

Hi,

Thanks for both of your replies. Today I have began which I hope is the start of a new me. I am counting calories as I think this may be the best for me. I am too embarrased to go to any slimming club and hopefully will find it easier to write down what I am eating and stick to a set calorie amount. Also with counting calories I can make the right choices and understand that having that cake or chocolate bar once in a while but not all the time is acceptable.

I will try and do a little more walking but with this weight will find it difficult. I have bought a couple of Wii dance games so will try those.

My first goal will be to get under 22 stone for a short holiday in 3 weeks time, fingers crossed.

I have had a small banana with a couple of spoons of greek yogurt and a small pineapple juice for breakfast.

Ham, lettace and cottage cheese sandwich with a low calorie yogurt for lunch.

Will try just one sugar cube in my coffee today and not the usual 2, will only have one cup at work and the rest will be water.

Not sure about the evening meal, this is where the challenge will really kick in.

Fingers crossed, I will take your advise and eat slowly I think I will put an egg timer next to my plate tonight and set it for 20mins that may help

Will keep you up to day

Bye for now

hi mandy10
good luck on your journey you will do it i bought the hairy bikers cookbook some great meals in it have tried a few and there lovely if you need help with ideas there are loads on here who will give you help and support i agree with marie 100% look at little goals and award yourself not with food with a little gift for yourself good luck xx

Back