NEW TO CALORIE COUNTING

nicolexox

Hiya

Okay so i follow the weight watchers plan and have lost -30.5 pounds with it. I've been fluxuating around this 2.5 stone for the last month or so and have changed tacktics and gone to calorie counting.

I have downloaded an app for my phone, i'm 16, and 15stone, i'm trying to stick to 1,000 cals a day however my app tells me around 1473 want to loose this weight..

Advice?

Nicole :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah definitely agree you should eat a bit more. You'll just feel drained a lot. Good luck :)

Okay thank you very much for all the advice, do you recommend calorie couning? xx

Yeah for sure. It's been brilliant for me. It's not restrictive. You can eat what you want as long as it is in your calories. That is important for me in terms of sticking with a diet!

Hi Nicole,
Well done in trying to get those extra pounds off and as others have said..don't put your calories too low as you still need plenty of protein for that young body.

Why not Google your statistics and get a proper level of calories for your age etc?

Take care and all the very best to you... :)

P.S. Why don't you start a diary so that we know where to find you to give you support and encouragement?

I agree with everyone else, lose the weight sensibly and it will stay off. If you try and lose weight on a crash diet and I have in the past it isn't sustainable for a long period of time and when you stop the weight piles back on.

If the app you're talking about is my fitness pal, then trust it and eat roughly the calories it suggests and see how that works out for you.

Good luck with your weight loss, I really wish i'd been able to get to a healthy weight at your age and stay there. I'm 24 and i've been on and off diets for as long as I can remember. If you need any help we're always here!

Well done for all the weight you have lost so far!! I agree with the others- don't go below 1200 calories as your body needs it to function! x

Back